McCain reaches out but evangelicals still wary

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By Michael Luo
New York Times
updated 1:13 a.m. CT, Mon., June. 9, 2008

Lori Viars, an evangelical activist in Warren County, Ohio, essentially put her life on hold in the fall of 2004 to run a phone bank for President Bush. Her efforts helped the president’s ambitious push to turn out evangelicals and win that critical swing state in a close election.

But Ms. Viars, who is among a cluster of socially conservative activists in Ohio being courted by Senator John McCain ’s campaign through regular e-mail messages, is taking a wait-and-see attitude for now toward Mr. McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee.

“I think a lot of us are in a holding pattern,” said Ms. Viars, who added that she wanted to see whom Mr. McCain picked for his running mate.
more ... NYT: Evangelicals still wary of McCain - The New York Times - MSNBC.com

Why do evangelicals even need to vote... shouldnt they just rely on the hand of jesus to put appoint the best president for them...

Why do evangelicals even need to vote... shouldnt they just rely on the hand of jesus to put appoint the best president for them...

Why do leftwingnuts even need to speak? Shouldn't they just rely on the fact normal people can see they're 'tards without having to open their mouthes and prove it?

Actually, that's an excellent point. According to John Hagee that's exactly what happens. Unfortunately, I could only find this on the Huffington Post. Thanks a lot google.

I'm not confused at all. That you extremists see youselves as actually normal and moderate is where the confusion sets in, but it's between YOUR ears, not mine.

See, I think both extremes have forgotten where center is. And THAT'S fact. But hint: center doesn't include legitimizing church dogma...

Just sayin'....

I'm not confused at all. That you extremists see youselves as actually normal and moderate is where the confusion sets in, but it's between YOUR ears, not mine.
LOl.. I am an ex republican moderate dem... I am only dem cause I had to declare in NC... You sir are right off the fucking scale...

God appoints leaders except when a Democrat wins. That occurs when God has allowed Satan to make the pick...see Job in the Old Testament.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiQJ9Xp0xxU&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiQJ9Xp0xxU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was a republican, all my life... right up until they nominated juan mcamnesty the party nominee. Now I'm glad to say I'm a registered independent. I wouldn't vote for mclame under ANY circumstances.

The evangelists have every right to be concerned.

MCain is a bit of a flip-flopper

Forum List

Back