mccain pulls out of MI

Let me put it to you this way, from 2000 till now I voted for about half democrats and half republicans. Most of the sate reps I voted for were democrats, most of the house reps I voted for were republican. I am a member of the Arizona Republican Party and have been Republican all my adult life. I'm not the person you want an opinion from when it comes to congress, because, I am for term limits, I DO NOT think ANY of them have done a good job in the House or Senate and have not thought so for quite some time. Guess what I didn't vote for Bush in 04 and can tell you when I stopped supporting Bush it was when he appointed Don Rumsfeld as SecDef and would not fire him. So you try to paint people in black and white terms , us and them sealy and can tell you its my experience that most people are not that way, most people just want to believe that the people in Washington have their best intrests at heart and the label is secondary. The real problem has been that the people in Washington seem to have forgotten that people are not important but the label is!!

If you voted for people in the GOP then you don't understand their agenda. You and all of us American laborers are of no more value to the party than a Mexican worker or Chinese. In fact, we are more expensive so we are an inconvienence to them. They lied about wages being up for 8 years. I knew that wasn't true, but they must have factored in CEO pay and the fact that unemployment went up. That does nothing for the people that make $50k-$99k. Our wages have stagnated and a lot of us lost our jobs and had to take a step back. How can wages be up if so many manufacturers went from making $35K an hour to making 15 hr? I knew it was a lie and now you all know it. But I bet you don't remember them saying wages were up. You'll ask me to prove it. Well I am done proving. You figure it out for yourself or vote for John McCain and see what you get.

Won't matter anyways. Look what I found:

Why McCain is Leaving Michigan--and What It Means for Nov. 4
Without Michigan--which the campaign has now all but admitted that it will lose - it's very difficult to see how McCain can emerge victorious on Nov. 4. For months, McCain has made Michigan the centerpiece of his electoral offense, and with good reason. Iowa, a state that George W. Bush won in 2004, is almost certain to swing to Obama; he currently leads there by more than 10 points on average. Same goes for New Mexico, where Obama's ahead by 8. When combined with John Kerry's 251 electoral votes, those two states alone would put Obama within seven of the magic 270 mark; a single, additional win in either Colorado, Virginia, Ohio or Florida--all of which currently favor the Democrat--would put him over the top. Which is why McCain, desperate to make up ground, has long pinned his hopes on Michigan. The Arizona senator was polling within 2 points of his Illinois opponent as recently as Sept. 10.

Unfortunately, the recent avalanche of distressing economic news--especially impactful in a state with the nation's highest level of unemployment--seems to have moved the expensive Great Lakes State out of McCain's reach.

Stumper : Why McCain is Leaving Michigan--and What It Means for Nov. 4

PS. I'm in Michigan and I'm still seeing advertisements. Perhaps he pre paid for air time and those ad's have yet to run out?

PS. I'm in Michigan and I'm still seeing advertisements. Perhaps he pre paid for air time and those ad's have yet to run out?

It's possible his campaign paid for ads to run from one date to another. Think about this, I live in Arizona a state in which McCain will easily win by 10 points or more and he's running ad's here too.

It's possible his campaign paid for ads to run from one date to another. Think about this, I live in Arizona a state in which McCain will easily win by 10 points or more and he's running ad's here too.

Yea, that's dumb. Why bother? Actually, I'm hearing McCain isn't that popular in Arizona. Could he lose his own state like Gore did?

PS. I wish McCain would have picked Lieberman. They would have gotten crushed I believe. Liebermann only gets you the Jewish vote. And even they are not happy with the way the GOP has handled the Middle East.

Yea, that's dumb. Why bother? Actually, I'm hearing McCain isn't that popular in Arizona. Could he lose his own state like Gore did?

PS. I wish McCain would have picked Lieberman. They would have gotten crushed I believe. Liebermann only gets you the Jewish vote. And even they are not happy with the way the GOP has handled the Middle East.

Actually, He will win Arizona in the general election pretty easily, however a LOT of people in Arizona are mad over this recent "bailout" and not just at McCain but at Kyl as well so, I would look for them to both have some competition eventually for their Senate seats. The politcs are kind of strange here, Arizona is still very conservative on many things, however if someone comes along that holds appeal they usually have no problem getting elected here and for the most part people here don't pay much attention to party. Let me give you an example, our gov. who is a democrat has no problems when she goes up for re-election. We used to have a Senator many years ago named DeConcini who was a democrat who needless to say was a bit of a crook lol. It didn't stop democrats or republicans here from voting for him because they like familier faces here. The one think that hurts an Arizona political figure more than anything else is when people here feel betrayed by them. We have quite the history of recalls here. It makes for some interesting reading if you google it.

Forum List

Back