McCain picks Sarah Palin

Nice come-back, deflection. I see that you are otherwise speechless. :badgrin:

You, like ur buddy Ninja, are obviously way too young to be having grown up conversations. Go to a website where they're talking about Hanna Montana, I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable

The McCain Team has spent the last three months and millions of dollars saying that 47-year old, first term Senator Obama, with his mere four years of experience in the Senate and scant decade overall holding elected office, was simply too young and inexperienced to be president.

And To hammer home that message, they pick a 44-year old first term governor of one of the least populous states in the nation, who has exactly TWO years of elected experience TOTAL to be McCain's "heartbeat away"?

The Obama Team has spent the last two years preaching the message of change and an end to the war in Iraq and that John McCain, a 20 year Senator, is just "business as usual" who would continue the Iraq war for "100 years."

And to hammer home that message, they pick a man who's been in the Senate for 35 years who voted for the war in Iraq.

she has "stood up" to "big oil" in her term of governor, something I am sure will be brought up to sway some disappointed Dems... she is considered in the new crop of conservatives and respected highly in her home state... she supported granting benefits to gay couples in Alaska, as a stride towards equal standing to married couples as 'civil union' couples (another possible draw for disappointed Dems and some other moderate Dems).. and in a times of economic concerns by the public, she has known as being pretty fiscally responsible in her stances...

sounds good to me!

McCain picked the first anti-choice woman he could find with less experience than Obama, which is hard to do.

she stands for her principals....her kid was diagnosed with Down's, yet she still brought the child into the world....with something like that, you honestly think she is afraid of Joe Biden.....:badgrin:

he's learning from ninja

Sort of reminds me of when Bush tried to appoint Harriet Meirs to the Supreme Court even though she was never even a judge.

Sarah Palin on the Issues

This reminds me when Bush tried to appoint Harriet Meirs to the Supreme Court. No experience:

Click here for background on Corporations.
No issue stance yet recorded by OnTheIssues.org.

Or Drugs

Click here for background on Drugs.

On Families and Children

Click here for background on Families & Children.

No Foreign policy experience

Click here for background on Foreign Policy.

Free trade?

Click here for background on Free Trade.

Click here for background on Government Reform.

Click here for background on Immigration.

Click here for background on Jobs.

Click here for background on Local Issues.

Click here for background on Principles & Values.

Click here for background on Technology.

Click here for background on War & Peace.

Click here for background on Welfare & Poverty.

WOW!

Fascinating choice by McCain. I know little about this woman other than she ousted a corrupt governor. But on the surface, I love this pick. Plus, she's a babe!

After last night's great speech by Obama, McCain has pulled the spotlight away from the Democrats.

Without a doubt, this has been, hands down the most entertaining political race I have ever witnessed. It just keeps getting better.

WOW!

Fascinating choice by McCain. I know little about this woman other than she ousted a corrupt governor. But on the surface, I love this pick. Plus, she's a babe!

After last night's great speech by Obama, McCain has pulled the spotlight away from the Democrats.

Without a doubt, this has been, hands down the most entertaining political race I have ever witnessed. It just keeps getting better.

I still dont think anything will change but I agree. It now has all the makings for a great show.

McCain is playing it so smart recognizing the first African American presidential candidate on the anniversary of MLK's I have a dream speach and pulling all negative ads last nite and running ads that said job well done followed up by a woman VP pick the next day. The Democrats may have been better off not having the convention.

Again on leadership/experience and a bit of thought behind the choice

1) She still has more executive experience than Obama
2) Her stances and accomplishments in her leadership are much in line with what McCain has stated he is for in this election.
3) VP is a grooming position, and lesser experience is not inherently a hindrance, as experience is gained by assisting the prez

On another note.. for strategy it is a pretty good move... disenfranchised Hillary voters could find her appealing (not that I believe many people vote just because of a VP choice)... she has "stood up" to "big oil" in her term of governor, something I am sure will be brought up to sway some disappointed Dems... she is considered in the new crop of conservatives and respected highly in her home state... she supported granting benefits to gay couples in Alaska, as a stride towards equal standing to married couples as 'civil union' couples (another possible draw for disappointed Dems and some other moderate Dems).. and in a times of economic concerns by the public, she has known as being pretty fiscally responsible in her stances...

McCain is playing it so smart recognizing the first African American presidential candidate on the anniversary of MLK's I have a dream speach and pulling all negative ads last nite and running ads that said job well done followed up by a woman VP pick the next day. The Democrats may have been better off not having the convention.

You know the Democrats have already run a female VP, right?

1)
On another note.. for strategy it is a pretty good move... disenfranchised Hillary voters could find her appealing (not that I believe many people vote just because of a VP choice)... she has "stood up" to "big oil" in her term of governor, something I am sure will be brought up to sway some disappointed Dems... she is considered in the new crop of conservatives and respected highly in her home state... she supported granting benefits to gay couples in Alaska, as a stride towards equal standing to married couples as 'civil union' couples (another possible draw for disappointed Dems and some other moderate Dems).. and in a times of economic concerns by the public, she has known as being pretty fiscally responsible in her stances...

you assume that the disenfranchised Hillary voters were only supporting her based on her gender and not based on the belief of her ideas.

Also all the things that you think are selling points to the Dems will work against her in her own party. Standing up to the very people who line the pockets of the fat cats won't go over well and the fact that she supports gay couples rights is in direct contrast to McCain's position and the Republican right wing Christian thinking. How will she sell that to the party?

I suppose she can backpeddle and go against all the things she believed in before this nomination just like McCain has done.

Not to mention she's currently embroiled in a scandal of her own involving corruption and favoritisim which is a stink the Republican ticket can't afford to have attached to them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back