McCain picks Sarah Palin

Creation science is every bit as plausible as the theory of evolution, dear. YOu teach one, you teach them both and make it fair. They are just theories, after all.

This is awesome.

Can you please round up all your rightwing friends and email the RNC and the McCain campaign demanding that they promote Creationism in science classes, and that they express doubts about Evolution.

I think you're right. Your party should be promoting that, and McCain especially.

Maybe Gunny will send you a personal; message about attacking posters? Hmmm, doubt it.

How about you just stick to the topic? You idiot

Funny... I have continually posted on this topic IN TOPIC... but will point out a troll when I see it

Idiot....

____

Ravi... i don't think teaching that organisms evolve is really the issue... I think that the theory of macro-evolution and big-bang theory is still constantly in question and has many loop holes.. and that teaching kids that none of these teachings should be allowed to deter them from their beliefs in religion... I would personally be satisfied with that over trying to 'teach' any sort of creationism science... I mean, I remember being in High School in the early 80's and having a teacher pretty much scold students who said they had beliefs and had questions about any of the aspects of evolution, even though they readily studied and did well on the theories being taught

Quote:
Can you please round up all your rightwing friends and email the RNC and the McCain campaign demanding that they promote Creationism in science classes, and that they express doubts about Evolution.

This is an old debate, and one which is wearisome because there is no evidence that, even if it wasn't just a theory, the existence of evolution rules out the existence of an intelligent creator, or that the theory of creationism in any way is less valid than the theory of evolution. If you're going to discuss theories about how the earth came to be, there's no reason to leave out the theory that the biblical version is a possibility. By leaving it out, you are encouraging children to accept a viewpoint that is not complete, and by presenting it as fact, you are forcing, essentially, the "religion" of evolution down their throats.

We'll just agree to disagree, I suppose.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Funny... I have continually posted on this topic IN TOPIC... but will point out a troll when I see it

Idiot....

____

Ravi... i don't think teaching that organisms evolve is really the issue... I think that the theory of macro-evolution and big-bang theory is still constantly in question and has many loop holes.. and that teaching kids that none of these teachings should be allowed to deter them from their beliefs in religion... I would personally be satisfied with that over trying to 'teach' any sort of creationism science... I mean, I remember being in High School in the early 80's and having a teacher pretty much scold students who said they had beliefs and had questions about any of the aspects of evolution, even though they readily studied and did well on the theories being taught

So David, I know you think God created each and every little animal on the planet, but bear with me while I teach you what the commie scientists think about how the animal kingdom evolved from tiny cells.

That better you moron?

I never knew until now what milf meant.

Some of you people really don't have much of an opinion of women, do you?

Ya think?

Let's see...we've got people who are gun queers, who are also xenophobes, misogynists, and homophobes and liberophobic, too. They hate catholics, women, Blacks, foreignors, immigants, Democrats, poor people, gay people, sick people, anyone that they think might in any way not be just like them.

You seeing some sort of macho pattern of intolerance here, maybe?

Fearful, unloveable, nasty white boys hoping to sound like real men by talking tough in a place where they are safe to spout off their vile hatred without getting their sorry punk asses kicked.

Where every Casper Milktoast can pretend be superman, and anyone who doesn't claim to be superman just like them can be called a pussy with impunity.

It's the internet, Ravi, and the boys just want to have fun.

Ya think?

Let's see...we've got people who are gun queers, who are also xenophobes, misogynists, and homophobes and liberophobic, too. They hate catholics, women, Blacks, foreignors, immigants, Democrats, poor people, gay people, sick people, anyone that they think might in any way not be just like them.

You seeing some sort of macho pattern of intolerance here, maybe?

Fearful, unloveable, nasty white boys hoping to sound like real men by talking tough in a place where they are safe to spout off their vile hatred without getting their sorry punk asses kicked.

Where every Casper Milktoast can pretend be superman, and anyone who doesn't claim to be superman just like them can be called a pussy with impunity.

It's the internet, Ravi, and the boys just want to have fun.

all true... but the problem is that they vote and screw up the world for everyone else.

Bad, bad pick. Biden is gonna eat her alive at the debate. And what about the argument the McCain people make about Obama's lack of experience? That just went out the window. Their thinking they can swing Independent women with this and its not gonna happen.

Thank you McCain for being as incompetent as your boy Bush

i am an undecided woman. i dont vote for gender or race, i vote on issues.

again the "good old boys" have underestimated the ability of women to see right thur this.

i did not know what it meant and ask my son...he refused to answer....finally one of his friends broke down and told me....i dont even ask anymore

QUOTE]

I love macho men being bashed by someone who thinks they should have
their sorry punk asses kicked.

Do you even think when you post? :lol:

Quote:

This is an old debate, and one which is wearisome because there is no evidence that, even if it wasn't just a theory, the existence of evolution rules out the existence of an intelligent creator, or that the theory of creationism in any way is less valid than the theory of evolution. If you're going to discuss theories about how the earth came to be, there's no reason to leave out the theory that the biblical version is a possibility. By leaving it out, you are encouraging children to accept a viewpoint that is not complete, and by presenting it as fact, you are forcing, essentially, the "religion" of evolution down their throats.

We'll just agree to disagree, I suppose.

There is a practical reason to leave it out of the science classroom, in that there are hundreds of creation stories.

There is a rational reason to leave it out as well, in that creationism and ID do not have qualities that make them science. They are not science. They make no testable predictions. They are positions of faith. They are not subject to change.

A "viewpoint that is not complete?" That is meaningless. Any subject (math, reading, science, social studies, whatever) teaches a child a particular disciplne. The place to teach faith is in faith classes.

Evolution never purports to be religion. Only those who believe creationism call evolution a religion. Scientists generally have no difficulty distinguishing between science and religion.

Creationists seem to confuse the two regularly.

Scientists have no problem with faith. Scientists do have a problem with religion viewpoints being taught in science classes.

I mean really, we don't ask to come into your churches and spout evolution to you on Sundays, but that would be the analogous situation, think about it.

Then respect the differences between faith and science..

You can prove evolution to the same point you can prove creation. The real issue is you dont have to have a creator in the evolution theory and you use that to say hey this is science. But if there is creator you say not science because you have to prove the existence of a supreme being. When in all actuality none of the evolutionary theories have been proven so I think that you can take a scientific approach to any theory.

Forum List

Back