McCain picks Sarah Palin

1. A governor is a wise move because it brings executive and domestic policy experience to the mix, both lacking in the Democrats.
  2. A female is a wise move because it will steal female votes from the Democrats, especially pissed off Hillary Supporters.
  3. As the de-facto 2012 GOP candidate she will cut Hillary's chances.
  4. The lack of experience issue is moot since she is the Veep vs. the Democrat Prez ticket.
  5. The fact that she came to the forefront as a whistle-blower cuts deep into the false Democrat claims that Republicans are corrupt, or gloss over corruption.
  6. The shock value of the announcement the day after Obama's coronation eliminates any poll bump that his highness would otherwise enjoy.

Overall, good move by McCain. :badgrin:

in all fairness, i know nothing about this woman, but i think the lack of experience will be a HUGE issue, considering mccain's age and health...

huge issue for her----no biggie for Obama ? That sounds about right as far as double standards do---All she has to do is fly around the world for about a week and talk to the hot shots and she's be a pro.

damn--this screw up everything----now I gotta figure out if I wanna be called a racist or a mysogynist. :(

A lady who's been governor of a backwater state for little over a year?

I don't expect republicans to make experience an issue anymore. McCain's 72 years old, with a history of cancer. If he dies in his first term, this lady is the person that's going to allegedly lead the free world.

1) She still has more executive experience than Obama
2) Her stances and accomplishments in her leadership are much in line with what McCain has stated he is for in this election.
3) VP is a grooming position, and lesser experience is not inherently a hindrance, as experience is gained by assisting the prez

On another note.. for strategy it is a pretty good move... disenfranchised Hillary voters could find her appealing (not that I believe many people vote just because of a VP choice)... she has "stood up" to "big oil" in her term of governor, something I am sure will be brought up to sway some disappointed Dems... she is considered in the new crop of conservatives and respected highly in her home state... she supported granting benefits to gay couples in Alaska, as a stride towards equal standing to married couples as 'civil union' couples (another possible draw for disappointed Dems and some other moderate Dems).. and in a times of economic concerns by the public, she has known as being pretty fiscally responsible in her stances...

Last edited:
1) She still has more executive experience than Obama
2) Her stances and accomplishments in her leadership are much in line with what McCain has stated he is for in this election.
3) VP is a grooming position, and lesser experience is not inherently a hindrance, as experience is gained by assisting the prez

On another note.. for strategy it is a pretty good move... disenfranchised Hillary voters could find her appealing (not that I believe many people vote just because of a VP choice)... she has "stood up" to "big oil" in her term of governor, something I am sure will be brought up to sway some disappointed Dems... she is considered in the new crop of conservatives and respected highly in her home state... she supported granting benefits to gay couples in Alaska, as a stride towards equal standing to married couples as 'civil union' couples.. and in a times of economic concerns by the public, she has known as being pretty fiscally responsible in her stances...

She also has more executive experience than McCain.

:rofl:

I'm sure you meant to say this person

are americans no longer allowed to distinguish between the genders?

could make the sex talk even more awkward.

parent: "well, you see offspring, when a person loves another person very much, one of the persons, ummm, uses that persons, sexual organ, with the other persons corresponding sexual organ."
offspring: "huh?"
parent: "see, you have a, umm, reproductive part, just like a woman, shit, i mean, like a person."
offspring: "girls have pee pees?"
parent: "dont say girl. say person. theyre a person, youre a person."
offspring: "cant i just play rockband?"

A female is a wise move because it will steal female votes from the Democrats, especially pissed off Hillary Supporters.

i dont think hillary supporters would really want to vote for someone who is adamently pro life. could be wrong though

Last edited:
Nice polical resume: [from post 1 link]

Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes.[4] The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed.[4] Palin kept her campaign promises, reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes 60%.[4] She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin.[4][13] Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.[7]

In 2002, Palin made an unsuccessful bid for Lieutenant Governor, coming in second to Loren Leman in a four-way race. After Frank Murkowski resigned from his long-held U.S. Senate seat in mid-term to become governor, Palin interviewed to be his possible successor. Instead, Murkowski appointed his daughter, then-Alaska State Representative Lisa Murkowski.[4]

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission,[14] where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.[4] After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.[15] Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.[4]

He is 72 years old and he picks a person who was mayor and now governor for under two years.

Where's the experience angle they keep bitching about Obama?

He is desperate to pick up the disenfranchised Hillary voters and the anti pro choice folks.

I wonder if he will call he a C---- when he gets mad?:lol:

She's Ugly!
Wow- nice try:

225px-Palin1.JPG

Forum List

Back