McCain picks Sarah Palin

Sarah Heath Palin (born February 11, 1964) is the current Governor of Alaska, and a member of the Republican Party. She is the youngest and first female governor of Alaska. She is the Republican vice presidential candidate for the November 2008 election. Brought to statewide attention because of her whistleblowing on ethical violations by state Republican Party leaders,[1] she won election in 2006 by first defeating the incumbent governor in the Republican primary, then a former Democratic Alaskan governor in the general election.

On August 29, the Associated Press reported that "speculation [has] moved to [Palin as a] darkhorse" pick for the vice president running mate slot by presumptive Republican nominee John McCain.[2] The CNBC news service is now reporting that Palin will in fact be the GOP vice-presidential nominee.[3] She is reported to be a possible choice for the Republican Party's nomination as Vice President of the United States in the 2008 election. Formal announcement of the presumptive nominee will be made in Dayton, Ohio on August 29, 2008, by Presidential candidate John McCain.

Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bad, bad pick. Biden is gonna eat her alive at the debate. And what about the argument the McCain people make about Obama's lack of experience? That just went out the window. Their thinking they can swing Independent women with this and its not gonna happen.

Thank you McCain for being as incompetent as your boy Bush

Sen. John McCain picks Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate on GOP ticket for White House, CNN learns.

Alaska Gov. Palin is McCain's VP pick
Sen. John McCain has chosen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice-presidential candidate on the Republican ticket for the White House, CNN has learned. The 44-year-old Palin, now in her first term as governor, is a pioneering figure in Alaska, the first woman and the youngest person to hold the state's top political job.

developing story CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

A lady who's been governor of a backwater state for little over a year?

I don't expect republicans to make experience an issue anymore. McCain's 72 years old, with a history of cancer. If he dies in his first term, this lady is the person that's going to allegedly lead the free world.

So let me get this straight. The person who is supposed to be prepared
to be the president of the united states in the event the republican
candidate, in his 70's, becomes incapacitated, is......

a two-yr governor with no foreign policy experience.

I really hope I'm not the only one who sees the hilarity of that.

I'm not voting for Obama because I reject the criminal two-part monopoly over our electoral system, however...

In his first real presidential decision Obama picked a pro, and a foreign policy strength.

McCain picked the first anti-choice woman he could find with less experience than Obama, which is hard to do.

Good luck with that. Lieberman would have been like an 8 on the funny meter. This lady is like a 9.5.

But she's white so they may still win.

I don't expect republicans to make experience an issue anymore. McCain's 72 years old, with a history of cancer. If he dies in his first term, this lady is the person that's going to allegedly lead the free world.

I'm sure you meant to say this person

i think you're right...he probably just handed the presidency to obama. :doubt:

Forum List

Back