McCain / Obama Voter's Guide -THE ABSOLUTE UNBIASED TRUTH-

AuDioFreaK39

Rookie
Oct 29, 2008
I, for one, know that each and every American reading this thread is wholeheartedly loyal and committed to our United States of America, whether qualified to submit an honest vote or simply underage, and that each and every one of us American people submit honest respect and consideration for our nation's history, through rough unknowns and through glorious prosperity.

When the devastating American Civil War came to a conclusion on April 9, 1865, former President Abraham Lincoln could finally focus most of his efforts on reconstruction and beginning to mend the deep scars between the North and South. When asked how defeated Confederates should be treated, Lincoln responded, "I'd let 'em up easy, let 'em up easy."

As Americans, I completely understand that we want facts the quick and easy way. Without further delay to proclaim a truthful generalization, the mass of textual and visual media we receive through the internet, television, political magazines, and regional newspapers all contribute to our effectively long-lasting worldviews on societies and governments.

Without further hesitation, I present to you a brief outline highlighting the platform of Senators John McCain and Barack Obama - an outline based on absolute objective truths and completely unbiased fact.

*PLEASE READ ALL POLITICAL STANCES LISTED BELOW BEFORE POSTING A REPLY*

2008platform1hi0.png

2008platform2uj6.png

2008platform3ex2.png

2008platform4ze1.png

Source links can be obtained by viewing the corresponding PDF file:

McCain / Obama Voter's Guide

This is not helpful. It is impossible to be this black and white on the issues.

You can't go by voting record alone because there are many reasons someone could vote for or against a bill other than their stance on the main topic of the bill.

For example, I seriously doubt Barack Obama wants to go around cloning people. I also doubt John McCain absolutely refused to support a gay pride parade.

The wording of things like "opposes laws forcing businesses to FAVOR homosexuality" is horrible skewed. Such legislation has never been presented and has never been supported by either candidate. Now, Obama may want to force businesses to recognize homosexuals as equals and prevent them from discriminating based on sexual orientation, but that is hardly forcing a business to favor homosexuality.

Similarly, "supports curriculum that promotes homosexuality" is another example. A curriculum that "promotes homosexuality" has never been proposed and will not be by either candidate. There may be a curriculum that acknowledges that there are homosexuals in the world and explains to kids the meaning of the word, but that is in no way "promoting homosexuality."

Also "supports expanded drilling for oil" and it's corresponding candidates positions is not accurate. First of all, it should read "supports expanded drilling for oil within the United States" and secondly Obama has said that he is not completely opposed to drilling, however "we can't drill our way out of the problem."

It is also unfair to say that John McCain "refused to support a gay pride parade" because McCain has proven to be tolerant of homosexuals. McCain is actually closer to the view held by most democrats than the one held by the majority of his fellow republicans on this issue.

Plus, one look at the source (click here) shows that it has not-so-hidden slant toward the right wing ideology.

For these reasons, among many others this chart should be taken with a very large grain of salt, so to speak. A voter should not base their choice for President on this chart.

Last edited:
I, for one, know that each and every American reading this thread is wholeheartedly loyal and committed to our United States of America, whether qualified to submit an honest vote or simply underage, and that each and every one of us American people submit honest respect and consideration for our nation's history, through rough unknowns and through glorious prosperity.

When the devastating American Civil War came to a conclusion on April 9, 1865, former President Abraham Lincoln could finally focus most of his efforts on reconstruction and beginning to mend the deep scars between the North and South. When asked how defeated Confederates should be treated, Lincoln responded, "I'd let 'em up easy, let 'em up easy."

As Americans, I completely understand that we want facts the quick and easy way. Without further delay to proclaim a truthful generalization, the mass of textual and visual media we receive through the internet, television, political magazines, and regional newspapers all contribute to our effectively long-lasting worldviews on societies and governments.

Without further hesitation, I present to you a brief outline highlighting the platform of Senators John McCain and Barack Obama - an outline based on absolute objective truths and completely unbiased fact.

*PLEASE READ ALL POLITICAL STANCES LISTED BELOW BEFORE POSTING A REPLY*

Source links can be obtained by viewing the corresponding PDF file:

McCain / Obama Voter's Guide

This is pretty diluted.

Seeing as 5 (maybe 6 regarding education) of those issues are related to homosexuality, I can safely conclude that since red is closer to pink than blue, McCain is the better candidate.

Seeing as 5 (maybe 6 regarding education) of those issues are related to homosexuality, I can safely conclude that since red is closer to pink than blue, McCain is the better candidate.

or that the Obama is better as he is the more gay friendly of the two..depending on what side of the divide the one party system has manipulated you into to provide the illusion of some substantial or fundamental
difference or choice exist

Lincoln died before the war was over. He did want to treatthe defeated States easy but he never got the chance, he had nothing to do with reconstruction other than Johnson tried to follow what he felt was Lincoln's lead and was nearly tossed out of Office for it, his Impeachment failed on one vote.

New Topics

Forum List

Back