"McCain, not Obama, was right about Georgia"

There is the wack-job conspiracy theory again! If you really think the Republicans started up this conflict your hopeless.

McCain is winning the debate on Iraq since the surge proved a success. McCain has a better economic plan, though I concede he is losing the debate. McCain is not losing on popularity he is in a virtual tie and Obama has not even proven he can win a large majority of Democrats let alone 50% of the country.

If you really think the Republicans didn't lie us into Iraq on purpose then you are hopeless. And if you don't think they tried it again a month ago with Iran, then you are hopeless. War mongers. They need dumb citizens and a corporate media to help them sell us on their new world order ideas.

I shouldn't have to explain it to you. Even people that don't pay close attention smell something rotten. Only the GOP true believers are still defending McCain.

No, Obama is either winning by a lot or he's winning 47 to 41%. Anything closer is laughable.

McCain wins on "fighting terrorism" MAYBE, but he does not win the debate about Iraq. We want out. Obama wants out. McCain wants to stay. McCain loses. The surge worked. Great, now what?

When you are wrong on every issue, all you need to do is create a crisis and know before hand what is going to ultimately happen and so you know that your position on the issue will be right from the beginning.

Over the last few months, Rove, Rice and McCain have all been to or been in touch with Georgia.

If I had to guess, i would say yes the GOP created this crisis so they can run to our rescue!

Who do we hate but also turn to when times get tough? The government!!!

But not the liberals, they caused all these problems. It's all clinton's fault. So lets run to McCain!!! He even has a Georgia lobbyist working for him. How convienent!!!

McCain can't lose on this Georgia/Russia issue. If Russia backs down, he wins. If they don't, then we need to elect McCain because he will take on the Russians!!! LOL.

Meanwhile, the Bush camp has isolated us from the rest of the world. Won't talk to anyone. Looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul.

The GOP and Corporations own us. The more I read on these sites, the more I'm convinced that they do. Why shouldn't they? You are so easy to manipulate. Stupid sheeple.

If you really think the Republicans didn't lie us into Iraq on purpose then you are hopeless. And if you don't think they tried it again a month ago with Iran, then you are hopeless. War mongers. They need dumb citizens and a corporate media to help them sell us on their new world order ideas.

I shouldn't have to explain it to you. Even people that don't pay close attention smell something rotten. Only the GOP true believers are still defending McCain.

No, Obama is either winning by a lot or he's winning 47 to 41%. Anything closer is laughable.

McCain wins on "fighting terrorism" MAYBE, but he does not win the debate about Iraq. We want out. Obama wants out. McCain wants to stay. McCain loses. The surge worked. Great, now what?

Sure, Bush lied us into Iraq. In cloud cockoo land! :cuckoo:

Newsflash sparky, we were already in Iraq in 2000. You mean H.W. Bush forced Saddam to invade Kuwait? Remember no fly zones? (they made it hard for Saddam to ethnically cleanse undesireables in the North and South of Iraq) You remember UN violations by Iraq? You remember cease fire violations by Iraq? You remember the oil for food boondogle? You remember who Saddam really was and what he did?

If "new world order" means death to tyrants, I'm all for it. If it means supporting democracy then yeah. If it means killing al qaeda, hamas and hezbollah's right wing para-military death squads then good riddance.

You had better start preparing yourself for an Obama loss. There's a reason why Clinton still thinks she ought to throw her name in the convention hat. The more Americans learn about Obama, the less they like him and the media can't protect him forever.

We all know Republicans play dirty politics. So, tell us what dirty tricks have they tried so far? None? Who's mindless again?

And for the other numb nuts who doesn't think the media is helping John McCain, I guess you weren't listening to Air America this morning. EVERY reporter in the news was suggesting this is a WIN for McCain. Slam dunk! No brainer!! McCain saves the day! Obama sucks!!!

What liberal media would buy in to that? None.

Mindless commie autobot.

McCain only wants to stay until we have accomplished our mission, which is as it should be. THe defeatists who initially thought we couldn't win (and who didn't care) wanted us out because they said we were losing; with no thought to the lives that would be lost needlessly if we did as they wished. Now those same defeatists (who said we couldn't win) are saying, ok, the surge worked after all...so now we need to get the hell out because we're making progress. So which is it....are we supposed to leave when we lose, or when we win?

At any rate, they just want us out. They don't care about the people left behind, they don't care about the risk to our soldiers in setting a definite date, they don't care about wholesale slaughter that would occur if we leave too early, and refuse to assist in the future. All they care about is making Bush look bad, and Republicans, and using money that could be used to make human lives better and a country safer to develop new ways to recycle french fry oil for their cars, so they can continue to take their little rafting trips on the weekends...through land they don't think the owners should be allowed to develop because darn it, they want to look at it every now and then.

What a bunch of self centered pigs you are.

Who's labeling it as a "caucasian nation"? The press?

How great they are at making race an issue in every situation. I've never heard anyone else refer to Georgia as a "caucasian" nation. In fact, if they are anything like the rest of the area, I imagine they have quite a bit of mongol and various other genetic strains there....

It's a geographical designation based on proximity to the Caucasus Mountains, generally considered a dividing line between Europe and Asia. As Georgia is a nation in the Caucasus region, calling it a Caucasian nation is fair.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus]Wiki[/url] said:
The Caucasus, also referred to as Caucasia, is a geopolitical, mountain-barrier region located between the two continents of Europe and Asia, or Eurasia, with various altitude highlands and lowlands.

The Caucasus comprises Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and southern parts of Russia and includes the disputed territories of Abkhazia, Chechnya, South Ossetia and Nagorno-Karabakh.

GeoNative - Kaukasoa - Caucasus
Caucasus - the world of Eternity

The "caucasian" / "white" connection springs from some 19th century anthropological classifications, especially as popularized by Johann Friedrich Blumenbach who believed, based on craniology, that Europians originated in the southern Caucasus:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race#Origins_of_the_term]Wiki[/url] said:
Blumenbach wrote about the "primeval"[6] Caucasian race which he believed was "the oldest race of man"[6] and the "first variety of humankind"[6].

Caucasian variety - I have taken the name of this variety from Mount Caucasus, both because its neighborhood, and especially its southern slope, produces the most beautiful race of men, I mean the Georgian; and because all physiological reasons converge to this, that in that region, if anywhere, it seems we ought with the greatest probability to place the autochthones (birth place) of mankind[10]
10. ^ Blumenbach , De generis humani varietate nativa (3rd ed. 1795), trans. Bendyshe (1865). Quoted e.g. in Arthur Keith, Blumenbach's Centenary, Man, Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland (1940).

So, is calling Georgia a Caucasian nation some sort of race-baiting trick? Perhaps, but that region has been "the Caucas" for much longer than "caucasian" has meant "white," so calling Georgia a Caucasian nation is perfectly accurate no matter what its current racial makeup is.

How great they are at making race an issue in every situation. I've never heard anyone else refer to Georgia as a "caucasian" nation. In fact, if they are anything like the rest of the area, I imagine they have quite a bit of mongol and various other genetic strains there....

FYI

The Caucasus Mountains are commonly reckoned as a dividing line between Asia and Europe, and territories in Caucasia are variably considered to be in one or both continents. The highest peak in the Caucasus is Mount Elbrus (5,642 m) which, in the western Ciscaucasus in Russia, is generally considered the highest point in Europe.

The Caucasus is one of the most linguistically and culturally diverse regions on Earth. The nation-states that compose the Caucasus today are the post-Soviet states Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan. The Russian divisions include Krasnodar Krai, Stavropol Krai, and the autonomous republics of Adygea, Kalmykia, Karachay-Cherkessia, Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia, Ingushetia, Chechnya, and Dagestan. Three territories in the region claim independence but are not acknowledged as nation-states by the international community: Abkhazia, Nagorno-Karabakh and South Ossetia.

Dude, it was a joke. See Care4all's post above.

Newsflash sparky, we were already in Iraq in 2000. You mean H.W. Bush forced Saddam to invade Kuwait? Remember no fly zones? (they made it hard for Saddam to ethnically cleanse undesireables in the North and South of Iraq) You remember UN violations by Iraq? You remember cease fire violations by Iraq? You remember the oil for food boondogle? You remember who Saddam really was and what he did?

If "new world order" means death to tyrants, I'm all for it. If it means supporting democracy then yeah. If it means killing al qaeda, hamas and hezbollah's right wing para-military death squads then good riddance.

You had better start preparing yourself for an Obama loss. There's a reason why Clinton still thinks she ought to throw her name in the convention hat. The more Americans learn about Obama, the less they like him and the media can't protect him forever.

I won't even honor your words by reading them :cuckoo:if you don't believe Bush lied us into Iraq. WTF!

McCain only wants to stay until we have accomplished our mission, which is as it should be. THe defeatists who initially thought we couldn't win (and who didn't care) wanted us out because they said we were losing; with no thought to the lives that would be lost needlessly if we did as they wished. Now those same defeatists (who said we couldn't win) are saying, ok, the surge worked after all...so now we need to get the hell out because we're making progress. So which is it....are we supposed to leave when we lose, or when we win?

At any rate, they just want us out. They don't care about the people left behind, they don't care about the risk to our soldiers in setting a definite date, they don't care about wholesale slaughter that would occur if we leave too early, and refuse to assist in the future. All they care about is making Bush look bad, and Republicans, and using money that could be used to make human lives better and a country safer to develop new ways to recycle french fry oil for their cars, so they can continue to take their little rafting trips on the weekends...through land they don't think the owners should be allowed to develop because darn it, they want to look at it every now and then.

What a bunch of self centered pigs you are.

What's the mission?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Intelligence documents that U.S. and British governments said were strong evidence that Iraq was developing nuclear weapons have been dismissed as forgeries by U.N. weapons inspectors.

The documents, given to International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei, indicated that Iraq might have tried to buy 500 tons of uranium from Niger, but the agency said they were "obvious" fakes.

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell referred to the documents directly in his presentation to the U.N. Security Council outlining the Bush administration's case against Iraq.

"I'm sure the FBI and CIA must be mortified by this because it is extremely embarrassing to them," former CIA official Ray Close said.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Intelligence documents that U.S. and British governments said were strong evidence that Iraq was developing nuclear weapons have been dismissed as forgeries by U.N. weapons inspectors.

The documents, given to International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei, indicated that Iraq might have tried to buy 500 tons of uranium from Niger, but the agency said they were "obvious" fakes.

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell referred to the documents directly in his presentation to the U.N. Security Council outlining the Bush administration's case against Iraq.

"I'm sure the FBI and CIA must be mortified by this because it is extremely embarrassing to them," former CIA official Ray Close said.

Secret U.S. mission hauls uranium from Iraq
U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com
The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

You could fill a warehouse with documents upon documents of crap the CIA got wrong. You can't pretend the problems with Iraq started with Bush one or two. However, if all goes well, you might be able to say that our problems with Iraq ended thanks to "W".

But none of that is the point. The point is Obama and his wafer thin resume are not ready for the job he wants and McCain is ready. (and I don't even like McLame) lol

Forum List

Back