McCain: Much Worst Than Bush.

Octoldit

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
“Integrity” is vital to any commander and chief presiding over this nation, and Mc Cain would be clearly much worst than George Bush. McCain served in the military, but take notice of how he betrays the American troops.

The lost of all humanity and compassion for the well being of others is apparently part of his so-called hero status. Apparently McCain believes he suffered in service to this Country, and those fighting in Iraq have not suffered enough.

This decision not to support an adequate G.I. Bill for the troops shows he’s no hero at all; this is a clear message showing us the man behind the curtain. All the smoke and mirrors does not help either. This issueless candidate is now trying to hijack the “Change agenda”. The say anything to get elected approach is weak, reckless, and condescending. The Gas holiday gimmick also shows McCain’s whole campaign is centered around “deception”.

Last edited:
The lost of all humanity and compassion for the well being of others is apparently part of his so-called hero status. Apparently McCain believes he suffered in service to this Country, and those fighting in Iraq have not suffered enough.

That's just inflammatory.

McCain is a damn sight better than Bush.

Obama is better yet.

“Integrity” is vital to any commander and chief presiding over this nation, and Mc Cain would be clearly much worst than George Bush. McCain served in the military, but take notice of how he betrays the American troops.

This decision not to support an adequate G.I. Bill for the troops shows he’s no hero at all; this is a clear message showing us the man behind the curtain. All the smoke and mirrors does not help either. This issueless candidate is now trying to hijack the “Change agenda”. The say anything to get elected approach is weak, reckless, and condescending. Gas holiday gimmick also shows McCain’s whole campaign is centered around “deception”.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This decision not to support an adequate G.I. Bill for the troops shows he’s no hero at all; this is a clear message showing us the man behind the curtain. All the smoke and mirrors does not help either. This issueless candidate is now trying to hijack the “Change agenda”. The say anything to get elected approach is weak, reckless, and condescending. Gas holiday gimmick also shows McCain’s whole campaign is centered around “deception”.

Your command of the English language is overwhelming, to say the least. Seems you're being a bit selective with your accusations, are you not?

Did McCain not support the Gi Bill? Or did he not support the pork attached to the legislation? YOUR smoke and mirrors isn't working very well.

How can McCain hijack an agenda that in and of itself is smoke and mirrors? You're just another pot calling the kettle black.

Your command of the English language is overwhelming, to say the least. Seems you're being a bit selective with your accusations, are you not?

Did McCain not support the Gi Bill? Or did he not support the pork attached to the legislation? YOUR smoke and mirrors isn't working very well.

How can McCain hijack an agenda that in and of itself is smoke and mirrors? You're just another pot calling the kettle black.

Are you some sort of English professor or do you want to talk about the facts? No; John McCain did not support the 21st Century G.I. Bill. He also voted against increased health care funding for the V.A. throughout 2003, 4, 5, and 2006. The G.I. Bill had 53 sponsors 10 were republicans, and when the vote came to the senate floor McCain was at a fundraiser in California.

Maybe it’s true that McCain and Bush don’t want to make things too comfortable for the solders. Maybe it’s true they want to leave the solders few options so they have to reenlist. I think I see the logic…dead solders cannot benefit from any G.I. Bill.

Again it’s weak, reckless, and condescending for the Issueless McCain to talk about “change”. If you want to talk about pork take a look at what the avoidable wars are costing this nation. You want to call the figures smoke and mirrors also?

RL33110
"The Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Other Global War on Terror Operations Since 9/11
July 14, 2008

Summary:
With enactment of the FY2008 Supplemental and FY2009 Bridge Fund(H.R. 2642/P.L. 110-252) on June 30, 2008, Congress has approved a total of about $859 billion for military operations, base security, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans' health care for the three operations initiated since the 9/11 attacks: Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) Afghanistan and other counter terror operations; Operation Noble Eagle (ONE), providing enhanced security at military bases; and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).

This $859 billion total covers all war-related appropriations from FY2001 through part of FY2009 in supplementals, regular appropriations, and continuing resolutions. Of that total, CRS estimates that Iraq will receive about $653 billion (76%), OEF about $172 billion (20%), and enhanced base security about $28 billion (3%), with about $5 billion that CRS cannot allocate (1%). About 94% of the funds are for DOD, 6% for foreign aid programs and embassy operations, and less than 1% for medical care for veterans.

As of April 2008, DOD's monthly obligations for contracts and pay averaged about $12.1 billion, including $9.8 billion for Iraq, and $2.3 billion for Afghanistan. The recently enacted FY2008 Supplemental (H.R. 2642/P.L. 110-252) includes a total of about $160 billion for war costs for the Department of Defense (DOD), State/USAID and Veterans Administration medical programs for the rest of FY2008 and part of FY2009.

Funds are expected to last until June or July 2009 well into a new Administration. The Administration did not submit a request to cover all of FY2009. While Congress provided a total of $182 billion for war costs in FY2008 -- $11 billion more than the prior year -- this represented a cut of almost $14 billion from the Administration's request.

This cut included both reductions in DOD's investment accounts and a substitution of almost $6 billion in non-war funding that is not included in the CRS figures above. Congress also cut funding for foreign aid and diplomatic operations for Iraq and Afghanistan by $1.4 billion, providing a total of $4.5 billion. For FY2009, Congress provided $67 billion, close to the request. Earlier, to tide DOD over until passage of the supplemental, the House and Senate appropriations committees approved part of a DOD request to transfer funds from its regular accounts.

In February 2008, the Congressional Budget Office projected that additional war costs from FY2009 through FY2018 could range from $440 billion, if troop levels fell to 30,000 by 2010, to $1.0 trillion, if troop levels fell to 75,000 by about 2013. Under these scenarios, CBO projects that funding for Iraq, Afghanistan and the GWOT could reach from about $1.1 trillion to about $1.7 trillion for FY2001FY2018. This report will be updated as warranted."

Last edited:
Don't we screen members for the retard gene anymore?
Good one! Especially when you are agreeing with someone who called someone else a tool. And doesn't your holy Palin's son have that gene so should trig when he gets to be old enough not be allowed on this sight. Isn't that what you are pretty much saying. YOu know you shouldn't really discrimnate against people with disablities!Why don't you just call me a murderer again, I like that!

Are you some sort of English professor or do you want to talk about the facts? No; John McCain did not support the 21st Century G.I. Bill. He also voted against increased health care funding for the V.A. throughout 2003, 4, 5, and 2006. The G.I. Bill had 53 sponsors 10 were republicans, and when the vote came to the senate floor McCain was at a fundraiser in California.

Maybe it’s true that McCain and Bush don’t want to make things too comfortable for the solders. Maybe it’s true they want to leave the solders few options so they have to reenlist. I think I see the logic…dead solders cannot benefit from any G.I. Bill.

Again it’s weak, reckless, and condescending for the Issueless McCain to talk about “change”. If you want to talk about pork take a look at what the avoidable wars are costing this nation. You want to call the figures smoke and mirrors also?

RL33110
"The Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Other Global War on Terror Operations Since 9/11
July 14, 2008

Summary:
With enactment of the FY2008 Supplemental and FY2009 Bridge Fund(H.R. 2642/P.L. 110-252) on June 30, 2008, Congress has approved a total of about $859 billion for military operations, base security, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans' health care for the three operations initiated since the 9/11 attacks: Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) Afghanistan and other counter terror operations; Operation Noble Eagle (ONE), providing enhanced security at military bases; and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).

This $859 billion total covers all war-related appropriations from FY2001 through part of FY2009 in supplementals, regular appropriations, and continuing resolutions. Of that total, CRS estimates that Iraq will receive about $653 billion (76%), OEF about $172 billion (20%), and enhanced base security about $28 billion (3%), with about $5 billion that CRS cannot allocate (1%). About 94% of the funds are for DOD, 6% for foreign aid programs and embassy operations, and less than 1% for medical care for veterans.

As of April 2008, DOD's monthly obligations for contracts and pay averaged about $12.1 billion, including $9.8 billion for Iraq, and $2.3 billion for Afghanistan. The recently enacted FY2008 Supplemental (H.R. 2642/P.L. 110-252) includes a total of about $160 billion for war costs for the Department of Defense (DOD), State/USAID and Veterans Administration medical programs for the rest of FY2008 and part of FY2009.

Funds are expected to last until June or July 2009 well into a new Administration. The Administration did not submit a request to cover all of FY2009. While Congress provided a total of $182 billion for war costs in FY2008 -- $11 billion more than the prior year -- this represented a cut of almost $14 billion from the Administration's request.

This cut included both reductions in DOD's investment accounts and a substitution of almost $6 billion in non-war funding that is not included in the CRS figures above. Congress also cut funding for foreign aid and diplomatic operations for Iraq and Afghanistan by $1.4 billion, providing a total of $4.5 billion. For FY2009, Congress provided $67 billion, close to the request. Earlier, to tide DOD over until passage of the supplemental, the House and Senate appropriations committees approved part of a DOD request to transfer funds from its regular accounts.

In February 2008, the Congressional Budget Office projected that additional war costs from FY2009 through FY2018 could range from $440 billion, if troop levels fell to 30,000 by 2010, to $1.0 trillion, if troop levels fell to 75,000 by about 2013. Under these scenarios, CBO projects that funding for Iraq, Afghanistan and the GWOT could reach from about $1.1 trillion to about $1.7 trillion for FY2001FY2018. This report will be updated as warranted."

Nice rant. You still didn't address the question I asked. Just repeated yourself. What pork was tied ot each of the Bills McCain did not support?

"I don't know and I'm talking out my ass" would have sufficed as an appropriate response under the circumstances.

btw jerkoff, in case you don't know what that "thingie" is in my avatar, I'm a vet. Vets get screwed no more nor less than they have as long as I've been alive, growing up in, then being the military.

You're nothing more than another concocted talking point.

Nice rant. You still didn't address the question I asked. Just repeated yourself. What pork was tied ot each of the Bills McCain did not support?

"I don't know and I'm talking out my ass" would have sufficed as an appropriate response under the circumstances.

btw jerkoff, in case you don't know what that "thingie" is in my avatar, I'm a vet. Vets get screwed no more nor less than they have as long as I've been alive, growing up in, then being the military.

You're nothing more than another concocted talking point.

The question was addressed very well; however it may be true that for some thinking outside the box can be very frustrating. When issues are put forth that exceeds the perimeter of the way some are programmed to think even hostility can be the result.

It’s hoped I don’t come across as being “condescending” as the Republican candidate for president is well known for, however here is a simplified version of the answer to your comment.

Providing those Americans who have offered their lives as service to the American Government the ability to finance a decent education for themselves with an Adequate G.I. Bill is not “pork”. These Americans were used in two needless wars, many of whom are maimed for life both physical and mentally if they are fortune enough to return, yet McCain calls it “pork” to provide some “decent” financial compensation to these Americans.

You people with your bogus claim of “Tax and spent” who claim to be conservative enormously overspent democrats. The basic difference is you people spent governmental money for corporate interest, and you call any money spent on the American people “pork”.

As long the international bankers along with their corporate right arm plunder the American Treasury all is well in the twisted corrupt minds of these greedy sub-human people. Looting the Government in increments of 800 Billion in their wicked minds is this not considered spending?

These are the people pointing the finger of blame at the democrats claiming “tax and spent”. At the same time they loot the government and they want tax cuts for those who already have too much money. And yes you can have too much money; when its used to pay huge brides and take-over whole Governments.

If you want to speak of “pork” look at who benefits from war and the corporations aligned to the industrial military establishment; and those who “finance it”. Cheney, Bush, McCain and many others have these huge conflicts of interest, and an agenda contrary to upholding the American Constitution. McCain's whole reputation rests with the military, and he has betrayed them; he has nothing else. If you think he intents to uphold the Constitution you must be insane.

What on earth is your avatar supposed to mean? If you are not about doing all you can to uphold the American Constitution, and reduced to a NWO cult member your whole life has been a pathetic joke.

As a sloldier I keep seeing my benefits going up and the kids coming in after me have got it even better.

So I'm not sure what the practical terms of this thread are supposed to be.

My gues is: the OP selectively pulled a few highly edited anecdotes out of the senator's record and dressed them up into some sort or rambling jibberish but in reality he has no practical experience in the matter in which he feigns expertise.

Sort of a Guitar Hero for political discourse.

The only thing that makes me sad is that McCain is no longer the McCain of 2000.

So true MP. The McCain of 2000 and before was a decent dude, who happened to be a maverick. When he was taken under the wing of the idiot moron named Bush Jr, he went bad, and is now no more than just another pandering slob who will support whatever special interest that is putting cash in his pocket.

McCain used to be a good man. McSame/McInsane is not.

Are you forgetting about S. 2938: Enhancement of Recruitment, Retention, and Readjustment Through Education Act of 2008 (GovTrack.us)?

I really like this bill better than the one you're grumbling about. I like how it lets you pass on your benefits to family members.
The Post 9/11 Bill that just passed allows you to pass the benefits on to your spouse if you've served 6 years or more on AD. Post 9/11 GI Bill matches tuition costs up to the most expensive public university in the State, pays you E-5 BAH, plus up to $1000 a year for books. The benefits are much more than Lindsey's proposed GI Bill which would have only increased the MGIB to around $1500 as a full time student. The Post-9/11 MGIB is much better in terms of benefits.

It also gives more the longer you serve.
Untrue. You would have only got 36 months under that bill too, same as Webb's Post 9/11 and the current MGIB.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back