McCain,more of a Global and Domestic realist,than Obama.McCain sees into the Future.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
We realized it with the Iraq troop surge.Sen.McCain said that what the U.S. Military needed was an immediate troop surge, to neutralize the insurgency, and to reduce the violence and indiscriminate killing.He saw into the Future,way
before anybody was even thinking about a surge in U.S. armed forces.

Sen. McCain is not another President Bush. He has his own unique agenda and
his own ideas.As opposed to that many left wing Democrats are saying.

Sen. McCain understands that War is sometimes necessary solution to certain global situations.He knows that the world is a very dangerous place.He knows that you have to confront your enemies ,especially when they have entered your country to murder you, your friends , and your family.He knows you can not always run from a fight.It is best to stand firm and deal with evil,as it presents itself to you.He knows you can not just withdraw.Because the problem will present itself again to you , at some point into the future.

This my friends, is why I will be voting for Sen. John McCain,not Sen.Barack Obama.

Sen. McCain knows what the American economy needs.
He knows what the World needs.
Not, slogans ,and slick onliners.
Real substance.Not the "spare change" , or the Pie in the sky .Barack Obama is trying to snake Oil sell us.!

Last edited:

The Libs and Dems know that, they just Wont admit it because calling Mccain another Bush is a convenient Lie to help Obama win.

These same aholes were in love with McCain when he was running against Bush, now that he is opposed to their golden Boy they have changed their tunes.

McCain is a penny pincher. Not a big spender like Obama. His earmark record, or lack there of, speaks for itself. He sees that we need to cut out the stupid shit in the budget.

Obama Earmark List Includes Controversial Hospital Request - Philanthropy.com

Obama Earmark List Includes Controversial Hospital Request
While the Senate debated a bill to ban spending earmarked for home-state projects for one year — a measure that was defeated on Thursday — Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign voluntarily released the details of the $740 million in earmarked spending requests that he has made over the past three years.

The International Herald Tribune reports that although Senator Obama was able to secure only about $3 out of every $10 he requested, the list of requests included $1 million for an expansion of the University of Chicago Medical Center in 2006, where his wife, Michelle Obama, is a vice president.

The request was denied.

Senator Obama’s aides as well as officials at the hospital said his wife had nothing to do with the request.

More...

Explain to me how a VP that should sit on a board would not know of an earmark request? Wouldn't that cross the boards table prior to the paperwork being signed. I don't know much about acquiring earmarks but I do know a bit about grants. In order to put in a request for a federal grant (or any grant for that matter) it must past the boards table (maybe even more tables like it is in Head Start). The board must sign off on what's included in it.

Well, I'm not so sure that McCain is a visionary. The only reeson for the troop surge is we were under-manned to start with. The troop level we seen after the surge is the troop level that should have been there all along.

McCain is certainally no Bush. I think if he was in charge things wouldn't be quite as bad, but McCain did vote along party lines in support of Bush policies more often than not.

McCain does have a good deal of military experience. War is sometimes necessary, but there is a lot of evidence to show why going into Iraq was a misguided invasion on a nation that at the time had not attacked us first and posed no immediate threat to us in the way of WMD, which was the main reason for our invasion. A policy McCain supported and continues to support.

The "charge with both guns blazing" foreign policy has cost the U.S. a lot of credibility in the eyes of our enemies. That seems to be a policy McCain wants to continue. He also wants to contine to piss off Russia with the missle defense systems we seem to be shoving down their throats. Unless we want a new cold war we need to back off Russia. I don't see McCain doing that.

Well, I'm not so sure that McCain is a visionary. The only reeson for the troop surge is we were under-manned to start with. The troop level we seen after the surge is the troop level that should have been there all along.

McCain is certainally no Bush. I think if he was in charge things wouldn't be quite as bad, but McCain did vote along party lines in support of Bush policies more often than not.

McCain does have a good deal of military experience. War is sometimes necessary, but there is a lot of evidence to show why going into Iraq was a misguided invasion on a nation that at the time had not attacked us first and posed no immediate threat to us in the way of WMD, which was the main reason for our invasion. A policy McCain supported and continues to support.

The "charge with both guns blazing" foreign policy has cost the U.S. a lot of credibility in the eyes of our enemies. That seems to be a policy McCain wants to continue. He also wants to contine to piss off Russia with the missle defense systems we seem to be shoving down their throats. Unless we want a new cold war we need to back off Russia. I don't see McCain doing that.

We lost credibility in the eyes of our enemies ? How sad . :cuckoo:

The "charge with both guns blazing" foreign policy has cost the U.S. a lot of credibility in the eyes of our enemies. That seems to be a policy McCain wants to continue. He also wants to contine to piss off Russia with the missle defense systems we seem to be shoving down their throats. Unless we want a new cold war we need to back off Russia. I don't see McCain doing that.[/QUOTE]

what has cost us a lot of creditablity is the american's having no stomach for a prolonged war. O liberals were all for attacking after 9/11 ...i would ask them...can you take a prolonged war...knowing that afgh had held the russians off for nearly 2 decades. everyone was so sure it would be short and fast..true wars are never short nor fast...they are bloody with war crimes on both sides. there are roe's for war. That some how does not set well with me. Read "Lone Survivor" about operation redwing.

The Libs and Dems know that, they just Wont admit it because calling Mccain another Bush is a convenient Lie to help Obama win.

These same aholes were in love with McCain when he was running against Bush, now that he is opposed to their golden Boy they have changed their tunes.

- He certainly is not bush, thank god, but his judgment to vote with bush 90% of the time since 2001 is one more example of poor judgment. His image of maverick has gone down the tubes. That is why the left used to like him and don't anymore.

Did you know, that he said in 2002:

At the very least, the process reflects McCain's history of making fast, instinctive and sometimes risky decisions. "I make them as quickly as I can, quicker than the other fellow, if I can," McCain wrote, with his top adviser Mark Salter, in his 2002 book, "Worth the Fighting For." "Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint."

I don't want a president that makes hasty decisions which are often a mistake, by his own admission.

Last edited:
We realized it with the Iraq troop surge.Sen.McCain said that what the U.S. Military needed was an immediate troop surge, to neutralize the insurgency, and to reduce the violence and indiscriminate killing.He saw into the Future,way
before anybody was even thinking about a surge in U.S. armed forces.

in the year after the surge in Jan 2007 we've lost 788 servicemen and women another 5,543 have been wounded

Since Jan 2008 we've lost another 237. 19 in the month of August alone.

I hope, before November he comes out and publically tells us his agenda and ideas. So far all I've heard from him is why Obama isn't qualified to be President, not why he IS.

Sen. McCain understands that War is sometimes necessary solution to certain global situations.He knows that the world is a very dangerous place.He knows that you have to confront your enemies ,especially when they have entered your country to murder you, your friends , and your family.

Remind me again, how many of the 9/11 highjackers were from Iraq? How many Iraqi's have breached this land and killed an American?

Remind me, did they find WMD in Iraq? have reports surfaced that showed without a doubt that the Bush administration knowingly and willfully lied to justify the war in Iraq? My problem is McCain's blatant refusal to admit the war in Iraq was wrong.

He knows you can not always run from a fight.It is best to stand firm and deal with evil,as it presents itself to you.He knows you can not just withdraw.Because the problem will present itself again to you , at some point into the future.

you are right, you can't run from a fight but you can divert attention away from the real enemy. Bush & Co took their fight to the wrong enemy and make no mistake Saddam was an enemy, they allowed Bin Laden to escape. It's been 7 years since 9/11 and we still haven't captured him. why and how is that possible?

This my friends, is why I will be voting for Sen. John McCain,not Sen.Barack Obama.

God Bless you for exercising your right to vote. I wish all Americans would do that!

Sen. McCain knows what the American economy needs.
He knows what the World needs.
Not, slogans ,and slick onliners.
Real substance.Not the "spare change" , or the Pie in the sky .Barack Obama is trying to snake Oil sell us.!

How does a man who admits he knows little about the economy know what the American economy needs? he thinks our economy is fundamentally sound.

How does he know what the world needs? Has he held a conference with world leaders to discuss their concerns and viewpoints?

No slogans? "country first" "is he ready to lead?"

what substance? tell me his plans for change. I'm dying to hear them.

Forum List

Back