McCain Makes a Fool of Himself, Yet Again

Faisal Shahzad Was Read Miranda Rights After Initial Questioning - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said this morning it would be a "mistake" to read the 30-year-old naturalized American citizen his Miranda rights, which inform a suspect of their right to avoid self-incrimination.

"Don't give this guy his Miranda rights until we find out what it's all about," McCain said on a radio show this morning.

Like the North Vietnamese didn't read him his Miranda rights.....

First he picks Caribou Barbie as a running mate and now this.

Maybe it's time for John to sail off into the sunset.

Yes. Heaven forbid we not read Miranda rights. How on earth would we ever convict him unless he gives us tons of statements incriminating himself? I mean it's not like we have him on camera or eye witnesses or anything of the sort.

And it's not like we need intelligence from him for national security purposes that have nothing to do with a criminal trial.
They questioned him under the public safety exception and he spoke. They Mirandized him and he spoke. And spoke. And spoke. And spoke some more.

The Reich Wing has hated Miranda from the beginning, ever since the decision was handed down. They hate the idea of anyone having rights or America being a just nation of law better than Iran.

Yes. Heaven forbid we not read Miranda rights. How on earth would we ever convict him unless he gives us tons of statements incriminating himself? I mean it's not like we have him on camera or eye witnesses or anything of the sort.

And it's not like we need intelligence from him for national security purposes that have nothing to do with a criminal trial.

yea who cares about the constitution and due process :cuckoo:

Miranda Rights have nothing to do with the Constitution, nor does a lack of having them read prevent convictions or a person's ability to exercise those rights.

But I suppose you just presume people are stupid.

5th amendment

Now... what state is McCain from?

Where was Miranda from?

John McCain was 30 when Miranda has handed down.

He's just the remnant of 44 years of outrage over SCOTUS ruling that America is a nation of law and justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_v._Arizona

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

Last edited:
Faisal Shahzad Was Read Miranda Rights After Initial Questioning - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said this morning it would be a "mistake" to read the 30-year-old naturalized American citizen his Miranda rights, which inform a suspect of their right to avoid self-incrimination.

"Don't give this guy his Miranda rights until we find out what it's all about," McCain said on a radio show this morning.

Joe Lieberman was on this morning--headed to a meeting--suggesting that since this guy is a naturalized citizen of the U.S.--that there should be a law--regarding those people who either try or commit a terrorist act in this country that would cause them to lose their citizenship to this country.

The problem we have is when people who have U.S passports entering this country--they are NOT under near the scrutiny as someone who doesn't--especially coming from a middle-eastern country.

This is the 3rd time since Obama has been in office--that we have had attempts by "naturalized" citizens of this country (Muslims) who have traveled to Pakistan--come back and tried to slaughter Americans. The last was the underware bomber--and preceding him was the guy who was caught in Denver--with connections to New York--who were planning something big--with construction chemicals.

yea lets start stripping citizenship of people we don't like :cuckoo:
Can we start w/ mccain and liberman?

Well once again Grampy bit it and now cannot chew it. Shahzad, as a U.S. Citizen does have rights under the Constitutio. But even more important is the fact that even before his rights were read to him, he was cooperating.

Go to bed grampy. Get youself a nice glass warm milk, and go do sleep.

Ok, for all those who don't think he should have been Mirandized when he was,

what if he hadn't talked AT ALL?? What is your next step in that scenario?

Ok, for all those who don't think he should have been Mirandized when he was,

what if he hadn't talked AT ALL?? What is your next step in that scenario?

He still has rights, and he still needs to be read them. Although the government does have interrogation techniques.

yea lets start stripping citizenship of people we don't like :cuckoo:

So you think that stripping the citizenship of people who want to kill us and have declared war on us is a crazy idea that shouldn't even be considered?

I don't know that I necessarily agree with it, but the idea isn't crazy.

it is crazy. we have a well defined and legal court system that wuold easily convict this guy.we don't need to go third world country to get him

Lied or not, the guy is a naturalized US citizen...If he didn't get Mirandized, he'd have an out to potentially get acquitted.

The law is the law, man.

Oh yeah...And Juan McQweasel is still senile.

I usually disagree with everything you say, but damn you are spot on.

Like it or not, he earned his US citizenship. He has constitutional rights.

Miranda was enacted because some cops in AZ (McStupid's state), violated the Constitutional rights of a citizen.

Miranda rights

The concept of "Miranda rights" was enshrined in U.S. law following the 1966 Miranda v. Arizona Supreme Court decision, which found that the Fifth Amendment and Sixth Amendment rights of Ernesto Arturo Miranda had been violated during his arrest and trial for rape and kidnapping. (Miranda was subsequently retried, found guilty and sentenced to 20-30 years.)

The Supreme Court did not specify the exact wording to use when informing a suspect of their rights. However, the Court did create a set of guidelines that must be followed. The ruling states:
“ ...The person in custody must, prior to interrogation, be clearly informed that he or she has the right to remain silent, and that anything the person says will be used against that person in court; the person must be clearly informed that he or she has the right to consult with an attorney and to have that attorney present during questioning, and that, if he or she is indigent, an attorney will be provided at no cost to represent her or him. ”

As a result, American English developed the verb Mirandize, meaning "to read the Miranda warning" to a suspect (when the suspect is arrested).[1]

Notably, the Miranda rights do not have to be read in any particular order, and they do not have to precisely match the language of the Miranda decision, as long as they are adequately and fully conveyed. California v. Prysock, 453 U.S. 355 (1981).[2]

Miranda warning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's not been convicted yet, just arrested. What about "innocent until PROVEN guilty by a court of law"?

No. He is a US Citizen, like it or not, and is entitled to the rights of that citizenship.

But...........if you're going to do that, then you must also strip the citizenship rights of the Hutaree militia, because they planned terrorist acts to overthrow this government.

Oh wait.......shit.........we already mirandized more US Citizens who are terrorists......

This man could have been the president of united states. You know, the place that says all americans have Miranda rights.

This man is just is just.......oh dear god, sir just go away. Please.

We could have had him and Palin in the white house! Seriously! Wow.

It's the devil we know.. I cannot stand JD Hayworth, he is a lunatic.

Political Junky makes a fool of himself yet again... by assuming that the media are reporting accurately about the questioning of the suspect.

This sort of shit always makes me laugh.
You've evidence to the contrary? Or you're just running your mouth like a partisan buffoon?

She's running her mouth like a partisan buffoon, hoping that her snarky and bitchy comments will stir the emotions of lemmings like herself, who will shower her with pos rep and comments about how witty she is.

In short, her behavior is dictated by her whoring herself out for rep and looking for compliments, because she's an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.

I bet she's got other issues as well................daddy perhaps?

I live here in ARizona and we cant win if either of them wins. This just sucks.
Maybe Hawaii can give me a birth certificate, too, so I can say I'm old enough to run for the Senate?

Please don't tell me you believe that birther crap.
Main Entry: fa·ce·tious
Pronunciation: \fə-ˈsē-shəs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French facetieux, from facetie jest, from Latin facetia
Date: 1599
1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish <just being facetious>
2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>
synonyms see witty
— fa·ce·tious·ly adverb
— fa·ce·tious·ness noun

Facetious - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Forum List