McCain is the Greatest Flip Flopper of all time

We are all a bunch of Lemmings eating up the Act Both candidates are putting on for us. If we had any brains at all , we would all vote 3rd party simply to tell these Assholes in Both Parties we have had enough of their game.

:clap2:

unfortunately, i dont know if people will ever get over the 'throwing your vote away' mentality

:clap2:

unfortunately, i dont know if people will ever get over the 'throwing your vote away' mentality

I think Obama is about as fresh and new as you can get. What 3rd party guy is better? Bloomberg? Nader? Perot? LOLOL.

Obama is going to be like Kennedy, only better. Better than Clinton. Better than Reagan.

Mark my words. He will show you fiscal responsibility and what it means to be an honest honorable man.

did you guys hear mccain argue with a viet nam vet? the guy asked him why he consistently votes against vets and mccain said he gets the highest ratings from all vet groups. the guy called him out and mccain said, "maybe you know something those groups don't". the guy said, "I can tell you the exact bills you voted against....."

anyways, a vet group said obama voted with vets 80 percent of the time and mccain 20.

when asked, "how does mccain think he can get away with lying like this", the vet said, "most ppl won't dig or fact check his record......"

mcain is a joke. and he was warned of a political backlash if he voted against the gi bil but he did it anyways.

and bush praised mccain when he signed the bill. maybe that's why he thought he could have it both ways?

I think Obama is about as fresh and new as you can get. What 3rd party guy is better? Bloomberg? Nader? Perot? LOLOL.

Obama is going to be like Kennedy, only better. Better than Clinton. Better than Reagan.

Mark my words. He will show you fiscal responsibility and what it means to be an honest honorable man.

Good words.

Barack Obama Featured Biography

Not sure about that, but this thread title might be a candidate for The Most Hyperbolic Thread Title Written by a McCain opposer in quite some time.

Exactly, fight fire with fire.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Exactly, fight fire with fire.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

My point is simple. McCAin has flip flopped on some issues to be sure.

Politicians are apt to do that when they're running for office and it's politically expedient.

I won't be voting for McCain, but calling him the GREATEST FLIPFLOPPER OF ALL TIME is simply ridiculous.

It was a ridiculous charge when it was made about Kerry, too.

Just more ignorant partisan blather, in my opinion.

NEITHER of these guys has cloven hooves, people.

Last edited:
My point is simple. McCAin has flip flopped on some issues to be sure.

Politicians are apt to do that when they're running for office and it's politically expedient.

I won't be voting for McCain, but calling him the GREATEST FLIPFLOPPER OF ALL TIME is simply ridiculous.

It was a ridiculous charge when it was made about Kerry, too.

Just more ignorant partisan blather, in my opinion.

NEITHER of these guys has cloven hooves, people.

my girlfriends father wants me to fill him in on where the candidates stand on the issues, etc, because he is too busy with work to look into it himself. i dont know what to tell cause they keep changing :eusa_eh:

my girlfriends father wants me to fill him in on where the candidates stand on the issues, etc, because he is too busy with work to look into it himself. i dont know what to tell cause they keep changing :eusa_eh:

Send him here:

OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues

Why I don't blame you for being a nucklehead:

Conservatives have spent decades defining their ideas, carefully choosing the language with which to present them, and building an infrastructure to communicate them

George Lakoff tells how conservatives use language to dominate politics

So they worked for decades to sucker guys like you into falling for their bullshit and boy did you swallow it!!!!! You still are!!!!

Man and how well it has worked, too.

The Neo-cons who have been pulling the strings that manipulated our language that make framing the debates favorable to disinforming people are freaking brilliant.

It is almost impossible to actually have a coherent debate now that most people really knows what words mean anymore.

Oh, that's easy.

Tell him that McCain is for whatever favors his wealthy supporters, and Obama is for whatever favors his wealthy supporters.

If he's still old enough, and still confused just tell him McCain is a Jet and Obama is a Shark.

He's get it.

Oh, that's easy.

Tell him that McCain is for whatever favors his wealthy supporters, and Obama is for whatever favors his wealthy supporters.

If he's still old enough, and still confused just tell him McCain is a Jet and Obama is a Shark.

He's get it.

ok, you got me. what does being a Jet or Shark mean?

You are totally lost on this. Obama will Increase Gov and Gov Spending more than we have ever known. He has already put forward 1 trillion in new spending, and his plans on how to pay for it do not add up.

You are totally lost on this. Obama will Increase Gov and Gov Spending more than we have ever known. He has already put forward 1 trillion in new spending, and his plans on how to pay for it do not add up.

Here is how Obama is better than McCain.

1. Obama will take away the unfair tax break to the rich.

That's one way of coming up with some money

2. Obama will end the war. That'll save us a shit load of money.

McCain says he'll keep the tax breaks in place and continue the war for 100 years.

No brainer, Obama wins this one.

Again, Obama isn't perfect and neither is the Democratic party, but they are for sure the lesser of two evils.

Why? Just because that's what Bush did, you think Obama will too?

Under Bush, Federal Spending Increases at Fastest Rate in 30 Years

Since 2001, even with record low inflation, U.S. federal spending has increased by a massive 28.8% (19.7% in real dollars)—with non-defense discretionary growth of 35.7% (25.3% in real dollars)—the highest rate of federal government growth since the presidencies of Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson. This increase has resulted in the largest budget deficits in U.S. history, an estimated $520 billion in fiscal year 2004 alone. Furthermore, the projected spending for 2005 is a conservative estimate, since it doesn’t include at least $50 billion for the 2005 cost of the Iraq occupation.

The Republican Congress has enthusiastically assisted the budget bloat. Inflation-adjusted spending on the combined budgets of the 101 largest programs they vowed to eliminate in 1995 has grown by 27 percent.

The GOP was once effective at controlling nondefense spending. The final nondefense budgets under Clinton were a combined $57 billion smaller than what he proposed from 1996 to 2001. Under Bush, Congress passed budgets that spent a total of $91 billion more than the president requested for domestic programs. Bush signed every one of those bills during his first term. Even if Congress passes Bush’s new budget exactly as proposed, not a single cabinet-level agency will be smaller than when Bush assumed office.

Republicans could reform the budget rules that stack the deck in favor of more spending. Unfortunately, senior House Republicans are fighting the changes. The GOP establishment in Washington today has become a defender of big government.

Why? Just because that's what Bush did, you think Obama will too?

Under Bush, Federal Spending Increases at Fastest Rate in 30 Years

Since 2001, even with record low inflation, U.S. federal spending has increased by a massive 28.8% (19.7% in real dollars)—with non-defense discretionary growth of 35.7% (25.3% in real dollars)—the highest rate of federal government growth since the presidencies of Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson. This increase has resulted in the largest budget deficits in U.S. history, an estimated $520 billion in fiscal year 2004 alone. Furthermore, the projected spending for 2005 is a conservative estimate, since it doesn’t include at least $50 billion for the 2005 cost of the Iraq occupation.

The Republican Congress has enthusiastically assisted the budget bloat. Inflation-adjusted spending on the combined budgets of the 101 largest programs they vowed to eliminate in 1995 has grown by 27 percent.

The GOP was once effective at controlling nondefense spending. The final nondefense budgets under Clinton were a combined $57 billion smaller than what he proposed from 1996 to 2001. Under Bush, Congress passed budgets that spent a total of $91 billion more than the president requested for domestic programs. Bush signed every one of those bills during his first term. Even if Congress passes Bush’s new budget exactly as proposed, not a single cabinet-level agency will be smaller than when Bush assumed office.

Republicans could reform the budget rules that stack the deck in favor of more spending. Unfortunately, senior House Republicans are fighting the changes. The GOP establishment in Washington today has become a defender of big government.

OMG.. your using the facts against charlie... thats not fair... Obama also seeks to remove corp tax loopholes and subsides as well as shutting down ofshore tax havens..

OMG.. your using the facts against charlie... thats not fair... Obama also seeks to remove corp tax loopholes and subsides as well as shutting down ofshore tax havens..

hahaha!!! Thanks Jeepers.

They say that I think I can predict the future, but then they say Obama will increase the government and spend a lot. How do they know?

And if Clinton didn't double the debt, and Carter didn't, why do they think Obama will?

These republicans have mastered the language and the game. They call Democrats tax and spenders. Then the GOP spends away, and delays sending us the bill, which is WORSE!!! Because when they slap it on the debt, it starts to collect interest.

Ever have a credit card with 10% interest and only make the minimum payment while at the same time maxing that card to the limit? That's what the GOP did for 6 years.

The Federal Reserve is the root of all evil. They are also the credit card companies. What most Americans don't realize is that this recession is great for the credit card companies and the Federal Reserve, because people, and the country, are going further into debt. That makes them more powerful and richer. Now they own us even more.

Then people say, "but even the banks and credit card companies got hurt because people are going bankrupt and not paying their debts. Bullshit I say. Yes the banks went to far with the subprime mortgage thing, but then the Federal Reserve bailed them out. Wasn't that nice of them? Hell no. That was OUR MONEY. That was OUR DEBT. They never lose. WE LOSE.

Not to mention they made it easier for corporations to go bankrupt but harder for middle class people to do it. It will cost you a lot of money and it will ruin your credit forever. That means you will pay more on your car insurance if you default on your loan. They will get their money back from you.

And I sometimes say, "the oil companies are benefitting at the auto industries expense", and then I realize that Ford is making a fortune in China.

They are purposely bankrupting themselves here in America so they can break the unions and move their operations overseas.

The Federal Reserve was started in 1913. That was the year our country changed forever. It is unconstitutional to tax income. But they got away with it anways. I'll stop rambling now, but people are sheeple. LOL.

I can't think of anything McCain has directly flipflopped on offhand. You have any examples?

For instance, he said he was against the GWB tax cuts when Bush was first trying to pass them.

Now he says he want's to keep the tax cuts. Well, duh, we were not in or near a recession when he was first against the tax cuts. Increasing tax rates during a recession is a recipe for a depression.

He (quite smartly) was against ethanol back then, too, because at the time and to a degree even today the ethnaol business is a hoax. But now that oil and hence gas is through the roof, ethanol and other biofuels become more compelling to use.

These are not flipflops.

Flipflops are what Obama is famous for: The handgun ban is constitutional, next the same handgun ban is no longer constitutional. Did the fucking constitution change Odumba? First Obama challenges anyone else to take public financing if he did, and McCain accept his challenge. Then Obama backs out on his deal. Has public financing changed? Nope. But he says that public financing is flaud, not that he now knows he can get a lot of private donors.

Those are flipflops.

Posing the first question in a Denver town hall meeting yesterday, a Vietnam veteran challenged Sen. John McCain on his Senate voting record regarding veteran’s issues, remarking he had voted against increasing vets health funding four years in a row. Ignoring the veteran’s point, McCain testily — and repeatedly — insisted that he had “received every award from every major veteran’s organization in America”:

MCCAIN: I’ve received every award from every major veteran’s organization in America. The reason why I have a perfect voting record from organizations like the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion and all the other veteran’s service organizations is because of my support of them.

VETERAN: You do not have a perfect voting record by the DAV and the VFW. That’s where these votes were recorded. These votes were proposals by your colleagues in the Senate to increase health care of the VA in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 for troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. And you voted against those proposals. […]

MCCAIN: I’ve been endorsed in every election by every veterans organization that do that, I’ve been supported by them, and I’ve received their highest awards from all of those organizations. So I guess they don’t know something you know.

Watch the video, via AHiddenSaint:

McCain has made the exact same claim before — and it is just a false today as it was then. As ThinkProgress documented, McCain’s so-called “perfect” record has been roundly criticized by prominent veterans groups: He received a grade of D from the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America and a 20 percent vote rating from the Disabled Veterans of America; Vietnam Veterans of America noted McCain had “voted against us” in 15 “key votes.” FYI, Obama votes with the vets 80% of the time and he got a B+ rating.

As for the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars — with whom McCain claims to have a “perfect voting record” — both groups vigorously supported Sen. Jim Webb’s (D-VA) GI Bill that McCain tirelessly opposed. It is also important to note that when Bush signed this bill, he mentioned McCain by name when praising and thanking Congress for passing the bill. So McCain thinks he can have it both ways.

Later in the town hall, McCain admitted he does “not have a perfect voting record,” but then declared that questions about veterans issues were off limits: “I will be glad to debate a lot of things, but not that one,” McCain said.

hahaha!!! Thanks Jeepers.

They say that I think I can predict the future, but then they say Obama will increase the government and spend a lot. How do they know?
And if Clinton didn't double the debt, and Carter didn't, why do they think Obama will?

These republicans have mastered the language and the game. They call Democrats tax and spenders. Then the GOP spends away, and delays sending us the bill, which is WORSE!!! Because when they slap it on the debt, it starts to collect interest.

Ever have a credit card with 10% interest and only make the minimum payment while at the same time maxing that card to the limit? That's what the GOP did for 6 years.

The Federal Reserve is the root of all evil. They are also the credit card companies. What most Americans don't realize is that this recession is great for the credit card companies and the Federal Reserve, because people, and the country, are going further into debt. That makes them more powerful and richer. Now they own us even more.

Then people say, "but even the banks and credit card companies got hurt because people are going bankrupt and not paying their debts. Bullshit I say. Yes the banks went to far with the subprime mortgage thing, but then the Federal Reserve bailed them out. Wasn't that nice of them? Hell no. That was OUR MONEY. That was OUR DEBT. They never lose. WE LOSE.

Not to mention they made it easier for corporations to go bankrupt but harder for middle class people to do it. It will cost you a lot of money and it will ruin your credit forever. That means you will pay more on your car insurance if you default on your loan. They will get their money back from you.

And I sometimes say, "the oil companies are benefitting at the auto industries expense", and then I realize that Ford is making a fortune in China.

They are purposely bankrupting themselves here in America so they can break the unions and move their operations overseas.

The Federal Reserve was started in 1913. That was the year our country changed forever. It is unconstitutional to tax income. But they got away with it anways. I'll stop rambling now, but people are sheeple. LOL.

Obama has proposed 1 trillion dollars in new governmental spending. What makes me think that Obama wants to spend us into bankruptcy given Carter and Clinton? Because Obama isn't Clinton or Carter correct? Duh....

I will school you if needs be, Democrats and Republicans have spent us into a 9 trillion dollars of debt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back