McCain In Trouble

I lost all political respect for McWeasel when he came carpetbagging to Colorado, to pimp for a gun control ballot initiative in the wake of Columbine.

After that, campaign finance deform, the "Gang of 14", throwing in with the enviroloons, amnesty for illegals, and blatantly sandbagging Mitt Romney in the '08 primaries show him to be the poster boy for everything that's wrong with the GOP.

"A day will come when my party considers me a liberal." - Barry Goldwater.

"However, on religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism.' "

Barry Goldwater Quote with Comments

Barry lost.
Barry was as non-interventionist domestically as he was internationally.

There's no so-called modern "liberal" that can touch him.

Down with McCain!
Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!Down with McCain!

Considering his inability to understand "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech," all I have to say is good.

mccain-upgrade.jpg

his phone is soooo old LOL.

McCain and Spector have something in common with Barry Goldwater.
Neither bow down to the far right religous kooks that dam near took over the Republican Party.
Used to be the GOP had Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell front and center and McCain had the audacity to object to it. Then it was the goon squad of Karl Rove campaigning for Boy George and his culture club in the 2000 SC primary. You naive and gullible rwing nut knuckleheads allowed Rive to make up stories about McCain having a love fiesta with a blackwoman and that was how he had a black child. With the religous right facts be damned. McCain adopted that kid. DUH.
Now it is the ditto head movement led by Rush and pretty boy Floyd Hannity to name a few.
The neo con just does not get it.

McStupid is a hypocrite, as well as an idiot.

Didn't he realize that videotaped speeches tend to stick around for a while, and, when they re-surface, the people will expect you to live up to your word.

They must be pretty old speeches if they are on video tape

Lew Rockwell and Ron Paul have certainly made millions calling McCain the true neo con but the facts suggest otherwise.
The unwillingness of the Bush administration and their neoconservative allies to listen to the military planners who said they were sending too few troops, the State Dept officials who stated the necessary groundwork had not been planned or laid for a political transition and a thousand other examples show that McCain was on the other side of the neo con on that issue. And many others. I will glady list them in order of chronological history if you like.
McCain and many others have had numerous neo cons on their staffs over the last decade. To suggest he is partisan and shows allegience to them or their every whim is without fact or foundation.
Many on the right and in the middle have neo con supporters and adviserson their staffs. In politics you want to be very close with your friends but even closer to your enemies.

Lew Rockwell and Ron Paul have certainly made millions calling McCain the true neo con but the facts suggest otherwise.
The unwillingness of the Bush administration and their neoconservative allies to listen to the military planners who said they were sending too few troops, the State Dept officials who stated the necessary groundwork had not been planned or laid for a political transition and a thousand other examples show that McCain was on the other side of the neo con on that issue. And many others. I will glady list them in order of chronological history if you like.
McCain and many others have had numerous neo cons on their staffs over the last decade. To suggest he is partisan and shows allegience to them or their every whim is without fact or foundation.
Many on the right and in the middle have neo con supporters and adviserson their staffs. In politics you want to be very close with your friends but even closer to your enemies.
That he throws his neoconnie allies overboard here and there, most often to play up to media saps like Chris Matthews and burnish his "maverick" persona, doesn't hide his true proclivities, which are unquestionably neoconservative.

McCain is entertaining to watch shuffle around.

Due to the wounds he incurred in Nam.

You are better than that uscitizen....

And age. I am an old shuffling fart too. Heck I am in a wheelchair much of the time.

McCain wrecked more planes than I have cars in my life so far.

I believe that would be 4 total. One was hit by a misfired missile on an Aircraft Carrier and of course one was shot down. I forget the other two.....

But yes Senator McCain is ready for retirement.

A career military man and long term politician survives in the American political environment throwing "allies overboard here and there"?
Surely you jest or maybe you need to wear your helmet next time you hit the curb.

McCain is a great American and an honorable man. Whatever the voters of Arizona decide, he has served our nation well. If McCain vows to be a fiscal conservative and opposes new taxes, new spending and new entitlements he will coast to another victory. If he wants to be a fiscal moderate, he will lose to Hayworth. Voters are kicking out the fiscal moderates across the republic, we need real Deficit and Budget HAWKS - not Peacocks.

Forum List

Back