McCain in Libya: Rebels 'are my heroes'

McCain pressed for intervention
Invoking the humanitarian disasters in Rwanda and Bosnia in the 1990s, McCain pressed for U.S. military intervention in Libya in February, weeks before the U.N. Security Council authorized military action to protect civilians and impose a no-fly zone.

How can we afford this?

Hopefully the people who voted for McCain who (correctly) bash Obama for the Libyan disaster understand now that they guy they voted for would've done the exact same thing.

The visit by McCain was shrouded in secrecy due to heightened security for the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee in a country fiercely divided by the 2-month-old rebellion against Moammar Gadhafi.

I wonder how much this grandstansing event is costing the American taxpayers?

For fucks sake

What the hell is he even doing there? Any idea how much money this shit cost us?

ok

Next time we tell you a certain goper is NOT a conservative, just nod your heads knowing that you just learned something.

If you want actual change for the better, vote for an actual fiscal conservative. If you don't like his social stances, suck it up for 4 years, we, as a country, need someone that understands it's not the governments money.

So, what is the message? McCain supports the GOP's cuts in social programs for American citizens because we supposedly cannot afford them. Meanwhile he spends American tax dollars to grandstand with rebels in someone else's country? All the while supporting MORE money be spent to help destabilize Lybia, which as we all know, will only result in EVEN MORE American tax dollars being spent to help restabilize and rebuild their country for them....

I'm confused. Are we broke or not?:eusa_eh:

"For the United States to withdraw our unique offensive capabilities at this time would send the wrong signal," McCain said.

McCain in Libya: Rebels 'are my heroes' - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

OK GOP supporters, are we broke or not???

Who's this we you speak of? In case you missed the last Election very few vetoed or supported him.

WE, the citizens of the United States, whose money he is spending.....

So, what is the message? McCain supports the GOP's cuts in social programs for American citizens because we supposedly cannot afford them. Meanwhile he spends American tax dollars to grandstand with rebels in someone else's country? All the while supporting MORE money be spent to help destabilize Lybia, which as we all know, will only result in EVEN MORE American tax dollars being spent to help restabilize and rebuild their country for them....

Yes we are still broke. No we should not be in Libya. No the "rebels" are not our friends they are a combination of Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaida. (I thought we were supposed to be fighting Al Qaida?) McCain said Obama is a good man and would make a fine president, that's all you need to know about him.

If a Republican says "1 plus 1 is 3" am I supposed to agree? If a Democrat said the same, would you agree?

Remember McCain's 'We're all Georgians now' outburst over that Russia/Georgia thing a couple years ago?

He's an interventionist nut.

btw, he was involved with some pro-Georgia lobbyist in that other incident; I wouldn't be surprised if this was more of the same.

we're broke.

McCain is a progressive republican.

Many votes for him were actually votes against obama.

Yes we are still broke. No we should not be in Libya. No the "rebels" are not our friends they are a combination of Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaida. (I thought we were supposed to be fighting Al Qaida?) McCain said Obama is a good man and would make a fine president, that's all you need to know about him.

If a Republican says "1 plus 1 is 3" am I supposed to agree? If a Democrat said the same, would you agree?

No, I am an Independent. However, McCain is not just any Republican:

The visit by McCain was shrouded in secrecy due to heightened security for the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee

Who's this we you speak of? In case you missed the last Election very few vetoed or supported him.

Funny how you fail to mention Obama taking us there in the first place and who in fact is now planning on increasing not decreasing the amount we are spending there. Ya isn't that funny

Funny how you fail to mention Obama taking us there in the first place and who in fact is now planning on increasing not decreasing the amount we are spending there. Ya isn't that funny

This is where you are wrong. I have steadfastly denounced Obama's decision to intervene in ANY way, from day one. You should educate yourself before making any more profoundly stupid remarks about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Last edited:
Man wer gonna fuck around and end up rebuilding that whole god damn country, watch.

Well the fighting is going back and forth. And is little more than a stale mate.

Nato [us] can break that stale mate with a "little more" bombing.

remember, it's against the law for us to go in and specifically kill gadaffi, but killing anyone in between us and him is fair game.

fuck
fuck
fuck

This is where you are wrong. I have steadfastly denounced Obama's decision to intervene in ANY way, from day one. You should eductae yourself before making any more profoundly stupid remarks about things you know absolutely nothing about.

No this isn't where I'm wrong about anything I simply pointed out an inconsistency in your remarks.

I'm sure not meant to address the salient fact that it was Obama who without authority entered into attacking a sovereign nation without just cause.

Its hilarious that you now point the finger that those evil GOP whom are responsible for Obama's actions how? Or was this simply and attempt of Guilt by association while leaving out the truth behind it.

This is where you are wrong. I have steadfastly denounced Obama's decision to intervene in ANY way, from day one. You should eductae yourself before making any more profoundly stupid remarks about things you know absolutely nothing about.

No this isn't where I'm wrong about anything I simply pointed out an inconsistency in your remarks.

I'm sure not meant to address the salient fact that it was Obama who without authority entered into attacking a sovereign nation without just cause.

Its hilarious that you now point the finger that those evil GOP whom are responsible for Obama's actions how? Or was this simply and attempt of Guilt by association while leaving out the truth behind it.

Are you always this dense? I am commenting on a news story (link provided) concerning REPUBLICAN John McCain grandstanding in Lybia with rebels who are attempting to overhtrow the lawful government. Additionally, McCain actually wants us to spend MORE tax payer dollars to support this rebellion, all the while slashing funds from programs that help actual AMERICANS. This is NOT rocket science to understand, Skippy.

Forum List

Back