McCain: 'I Never Considered Myself A Maverick'

McCain: 'I Never Considered Myself A Maverick' | TPM LiveWire

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), who's trying to fight off a primary challenger who claims McCain is too moderate, has in an interview with Newsweek gone back on his most famous nickname.

"I never considered myself a maverick," McCain said. "I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities."

Poor John, age must be catching up to him. :eek:

Juan McAmnesty ought to just STFU and go away.

LOL. That was fucking great.

As someone who doesn't affiliate with the Republican party, as much as I dislike a lot of McCain's position, you can't really deride him for this. It's not like all politicians, including Obama don't backpedal all the time, it's just politics.

I mean, I'm an Obama supporter and despite my support of the healthcare bill, I knew it sounded pretty implausible when he kept telling Hilary he thought it was "fundmentally wrong" to mandate health care. Politics.

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), who's trying to fight off a primary challenger who claims McCain is too moderate, has in an interview with Newsweek gone back on his most famous nickname.

"I never considered myself a maverick," McCain said. "I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities."

Send him some flip-flops.

Send him some flip-flops.

To be fair, if we were going to send politicians flip flops when they flipped so often, we'd probably go broke bying flip flops.

Keep in mind,

John McCain is just the kind of person Sarah Palin really really really wants representing modern American Conservatism in Washington.

McCain's biggest downfall was that he really did believe his own Liberal Media hype. The Liberal Media just used & abused the poor guy. He became their useful idiot in the end. They made him the spokesman for the Republican Party. The reason for that was because he routinely criticized his own party. He really was very useful for them. Where was this same Liberal Media during the campaign? They didn't seem to adore him so much then huh? He went from "Good ole Maverick" to "The Devil" in a flash with the corrupt Liberal Media. I actually felt bad for the guy. He really believed that the Liberal Media would be there for him. He really should have taken my advice...Never ever trust the corrupt Liberal Media.

The useful idiot was useful no more for the Liberal Press once their beloved Hopey Changey ran for President. McCain found that out the hard way. From "Good ole Maverick" to "The Devil" in a flash. You gotta feel sorry for the guy a little. Used & abused and then thrown away. Pretty sad.

The useful idiot was useful no more for the Liberal Press once their beloved Hopey Changey ran for President. McCain found that out the hard way. From "Good ole Maverick" to "The Devil" in a flash. You gotta feel sorry for the guy a little. Used & abused and then thrown away. Pretty sad.

That's the way the devil works. He uses people and makes them think they are important and then when they've outlived their usefulness, he turns on them and goes in for the kill.

I don't feel sorry for the guy. He let himself be used. He cared more about the praise than doing what's right. He sold his integrity for a few compliments.

That's the way the devil works. He uses people and makes them think they are important and then when they've outlived their usefulness, he turns on them and goes in for the kill.

I don't feel sorry for the guy. He let himself be used. He cared more about the praise than doing what's right. He sold his integrity for a few compliments.

Can't really disagree with you too much there. He did allow the Liberal Press to use him. He began to believe his own Liberal Media hype. Look at what the same Liberal Press did to him during the Presidential Campaign. No more "Good ole Maverick" stuff from them instead it instantly became he's "The Devil." I think it is time for McCain to retire. The Republicans need new leaders who wont allow themselves to be used by the Liberal Press the way McCain was. It's time for him to move on.

Forum List

Back