McCain: I can't promise to support Palin for president

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrimsonWhite, Dec 14, 2008.

1. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Why is this even a story?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    It's a story because she's trying to maneuver position for 2012 already. And if he thought she was the best person to be his VP, one would think he'd consider her the best presidential candidate too.

Personally, I think it's just an interesting footnote.

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    As I said in another thread...I view this comment and several others McCain has said recently, as proof that McCain is desperate to get back into the good graces of the MSM. He isn't used to the left and the MSM disliking him...so he's selling out his campaign, blaming his bad decisions on others.

4. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Nothing new here either...

McCain needed Palin to attract the American vote...

One thing is new however... I will never again support McCain for any office, anywhere and will send financial support to who ever is runing against that scumbag... if for nothing else than general principle.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,305
    Yep, make a list of all the Republicans that you do not like. Support all the opposition within the party, use all the Rovian tactics you can muster. I like the idea. Then maybe we will see 70 Dem Senators in 2010.

6. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    As opposed to the American vote that he did not get?

7. Munin

Munin VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Maybe it s because he now indirectly admits that he thinks that Palin ruined his campaign, she did make a bit of a mess I believe.

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Maybe it is also because it is still a long way from the next election. It is certainly unknown who the front runners will be, let alone the nominee. Maybe it is because situations could be different in 3+ years. Maybe it is because he can't tell the future and should not make comments that revolve about the future of an election based on votes and popular whim at the time.

There's not hing wrong with what he said. Would I have answered that way? No.... But people are putting WAYYYYYYYYYY too much into this

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    A lot of people are interested in seeing what becomes of the GOP. Will they continue to pander to their rabid members? Will they remember the definition of conservative and remake their party?

Yes, if the default leading Republican of the moment supports the whacky wing of the party is an interesting question.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Oh pooh...

You know, you usually go for much more complex answers. That one seems to me to defy logic. Had this been a normal election year, the pick of Palin might have made sense. But the economy tanked and it wasn't a "base" year, so he actually had to look like he was equipped to handle things. Unfortunately, the pretend suspension of his campaign, and his comments that "the fundamentals of the economy" made him look blathering... and his choicee of Palin kept the middle away from McCain in droves.

The "MSM" (And I do hate that expression, b/c what should news be? Extremist? Freakshow? No. It SHOULD be mainstream) never did anything but report glowingly on McCain... until Palin proved she knows nothing about nothing... and then they did their job... you know, actually interviewed her.

And did you really think anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun was going to vote for someone who said there were "pro-America parts of the country?"