McCain: I can't promise to support Palin for president

I suppose many people on both the left and the right were wrong to praise this man's backbone and strong-will....seems lately that McCain is willing to do/say just about anything in an attempt to buy his way back into the good graces of the MSM.

I'm just waiting for the "breaking news," of McCain whining to Chris Matthews or George Stephanopolus about how "I never wanted to choose her...I never wanted to run my campaign that way...THEY MADE ME DO IT!"

Grow a spine, McCain...you didn't have to choose Sarah Palin...you did, it was a mistake...deal with it.

They don't call the Republicans "the Stupid Party" for nothing... do you think the GOP will ever choose as its candidate for president someone who so deeply hates conservatism and the base as John McCain?

They don't call the Republicans "the Stupid Party" for nothing... do you think the GOP will ever choose as its candidate for president someone who so deeply hates conservatism and the base as John McCain?

I certainly hope so. Social conservatism is dying a very painful death. Any future candidate who runs on a social values platform is doomed to fail. This country is already center left thanks to Bush. If Obama does a good job these next 4 years, you're looking at the most blue map since LBJ. What will a Republican have to run on? Family values? Obama has a wife he's very much in love with and 2 adorable children. Anti-abortion? Very few Americans actually care about this enough to vote for a candidate who represents changing the constitution to be anti-abortion. Tax cuts? Obama is going to give middle and lower class Americans tax cuts in the first 90 days of his administration. Lower taxes for rich Americans? I don't think a Republican can win on only 2% of America's vote. And if the economy is doing gangbusters in 2012, the candidate won't get even that much.

The Republican brand is old and tired. It reminds me of an old magazine publishing black and white photography... it's old, boring, tired... it needs a re-design. So does the Republican party.

I can't promise to support McCain for anything after his half-hearted run for Prez. I voted for Palin and not him.
I think yer' right Gem, he's just tryin' to get back in the MSM's good graces.

From the article,
"Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her viability, but at this stage, again ... my corpse is still warm, you know?" he replied.
Is he admitting that he is dead?

I fail to see how he could endorse her. She is a conservative and he is a very moderate Republican, at best. Two different ideologies. He made that more than clear when her restricted her during the race and the interviews he permitted her to do. This is not any news.

Forum List

Back