McCain has yet again an advisor embroiled in corruption

damn liberal media!! who the fuck are they to bring up the facts about McCain's staff? they aren't running for office! :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
Feels like it to me.

We do have to remember people lobby for things like charities. They just never get much attention because no one makes bucks from going their way.

Two Top McCain Officials Lobbied For Oil-For-Sex Scandal Companies

This guy lobbied for years for two of the companies involved in the sex for oil scandal.

McCain is surrounded by corrupt lobbiests.

"The lobbyists themselves aren't tied to the scandal in any way, and their activity on the companies' behalf doesn't implicate McCain, either."

excerpted from the link you posted, where it says "Read the whole story"
why don't you give it a try?

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Two High-Ranking McCain Campaign Officials Lobbied For Companies At Center of Sex-For-Oil Scandal

"The lobbyists themselves aren't tied to the scandal in any way, and their activity on the companies' behalf doesn't implicate McCain, either."

excerpted from the link you posted, where it says "Read the whole story"
why don't you give it a try?

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Two High-Ranking McCain Campaign Officials Lobbied For Companies At Center of Sex-For-Oil Scandal

I don't disagree with you on this issue however, if the GOP and Cons insist on tying Obama to people in his PERSONAL LIFE based on their actions and behavior in their past lives then I think it's fair to make the connection to McCain and question his judgement on hiring people who clearly have no issue working for corrupt corporations...

it's called guilt by association...if it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for McCain...right?!

I don't disagree with you on this issue however, if the GOP and Cons insist on tying Obama to people in his PERSONAL LIFE based on their actions and behavior in their past lives then I think it's fair to make the connection to McCain and question his judgement on hiring people who clearly have no issue working for corrupt corporations...

it's called guilt by association...if it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for McCain...right?!

sure, but it's a waste of time. and to be fair, if you're referring to the bombthrower and the loony tunes pastor, Obama made them part of his public life, not his personal one.

Yeap I blew the head line of the thread , Sorry guys.

They are not "embroiled" in the scandal the companies are.

Im in a hurry this morning and trying to get my news fix before I go out of state on business.

I should have been more diligent.

There is still the problem that McCain surrounds himself with lobbiest some of whom have driven their own comapnies into the ground Like Phil Gram and UBS.

It still remains that McCain's bus should be label the Lobbiest express intstead of the straight talk express.

Well Silince, thank god I am finally glad we found something to agree on. LOL . That we can talk about Obama's personal life in much the same fashion that the democrats have been talking about the Republicans. However, you know something, it serves no useful purpose, other than to take attention from the real issues at hand. I do think though it's fair to question someone's judgement, just like it's fair for me to question Obama's judgement in hiring lawyer's who accepted 138 million in lobby money that work on his fund raising.

Since when is the Huffington Post a credible source for anything?

It isn't thats the point, I didn't go to a site where someone would accuse me for being biased to get the information from. I just thought it was interesting that a site that is fully behind the Obama RaRa machine, would post something like that about his running mate.

Since when is the Huffington Post a credible source for anything?

Well if Navy's post above is any indication.

A credible source - When it helps the republicans.

A non-credible source - The rest of the time.

Well if Navy's post above is any indication.

A credible source - When it helps the republicans.

A non-credible source - The rest of the time.

Well I can see you all want more sources on "Honest Joe" and I'm more than will to provide them. I just thought if I had posted a source that you democrats get your news from most of the time, you might believe it.

Washington Times - Biden, Obama at odds over lobbyist donations

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-08-24-Biden-son_N.htm

That better? Or do you dems. need more? I'd be happy to keep going? So has I said earlier Next non -issue you want to talk about? How about Sarah Palin not fixing the pot hole in her driveway? I'm sure there is a lobby group some place thats upset over that one.

Forum List

Back