McCain has mole removed Obama supporter would like to remove a few of his body parts

No he has captivated your attention. He only leads McCain by 6 in the best polls, by only 1 in some. real clear Politics does an average of several polls and they have obama up by only 2.5 points. So he clearly has not captivated the attention of the whole nation. If he had his lead in the polls would be far greater.

Clearly at least 44% of Amricans, are not sold on Obama, and have not been captivated by him. Many people are Captivated by the fact that a Black man is doing so well in the Election, but that does not mean Obama did anything to do it.

You can not argue with the polls, the nation is just as divided on this election as any Election in the past. So how exactly has be captivated the attention of the country, and how is that in anyway a qualification to be president in the first place.

Americans attentions can be captivated by many things, it does not mean they will vote for it.

However I do not know why I am telling you this, I like how cocky and sure of yourselves Democrats are getting. It usually leads to a dissapointing loss :)

You are capable of holding a good debate on a lot of issues. Elections are not one. Clearly you have not followed this election process to the extent that you follow other politics. I can elaborate why I think you are totally wrong, but it's not so much about how you're wrong as to how you are just not informed. You are informed on a lot of issues, but elections don't appear to be one of them. Neither does domestic drilling:mad:

I think it's terrible...the extreme bias I mean. It is upsurd to ignore the bias that the media has towarsd Obama. I don't care for either candidate, but it is blatantly obvious that Obama receives more and definately more favorable coverage than McCain. They covered Obama's trip with vigor and played it up. The only thing I've seen about McCain in the past few days is his mole removal. It's really pathetic. I saw a magazine cover with the entire Obama family on it. I've yet to say anything postively portraying McCain. The New York Times refused to work with McCain. I think it's terrible that the media is allowed to do such things in a presidential election. (I know freedom of the press)

You are capable of holding a good debate on a lot of issues. Elections are not one. Clearly you have not followed this election process to the extent that you follow other politics. I can elaborate why I think you are totally wrong, but it's not so much about how you're wrong as to how you are just not informed. You are informed on a lot of issues, but elections don't appear to be one of them. Neither does domestic drilling:mad:

I guess it is a matter or perspective. I do not deny Obama has captivated many many people, however when you say he as captivated the nation, to me it implies he has captivated the entire nation. I think the polls show he clearly has not. However that said I will say McCain has not captivated anyone :)

Like I said if the Nation is captivated by anything, it is a combination of Bush being on the way out no matter who wins, and Obama being a black man. The whole nation is indeed captivated by what it says about us, that a black man can make it so far. After so long of being so racist, it is indeed very refreshing that A black man has such a good shot at the white house. I for one am proud of that. However that is not do to anything obama has done or said.

I have an story that points out something similar to this I think. Today I was having a conversation with an Obama supported. I asked him what qualifications he thought Obama had, and he said Obama has Unified the Nation.(this ended up being the only qualification he could come up with by the way) I thought about that for a min and said. How can you say he has Unified the nation, when he is only polling at 47 to 41 in the best polls vs McCain. Heck Rasmussen has Obama up by only 1 point. Clearly the Nation is no more unified than it was before this election. He of course said I was wrong, but I do not see how anyone could think he has unified the nation, when the race is so close still. Especially considering what I precieve as Media bias in his favor. If the Nation was "unified" by Obama I would expect him to have a much bigger lead.

Last edited:
I guess it is a matter or perspective. I do not deny Obama has captivated many many people, however when you say he as captivated the nation, to me it implies he has captivated the entire nation. I think the polls show he clearly has not. However that said I will say McCain has not captivated anyone :)

Like I said if the Nation is captivated by anything, it is a combination of Bush being on the way out no matter who wins, and Obama being a black man. The whole nation is indeed captivated by what it says about us, that a black man can make it so far. After so long of being so racist, it is indeed very refreshing that A black man has such a good shot at the white house. I for one am proud of that. However that is not do to anything obama has done or said.

I have an story that points out something similar to this I think. Today I was having a conversation with an Obama supported. I asked him what qualifications he thought Obama had, and he said Obama has Unified the Nation.(this ended up being the only qualification he could come up with by the way) I thought about that for a min and said. How can you say he has Unified the nation, when he is only polling at 47 to 41 in the best polls vs McCain. Heck Rasmussen has Obama up by only 1 point. Clearly the Nation is no more unified than it was before this election. He of course said I was wrong, but I do not see how anyone could think he has unified the nation, when the race is so close still. Especially considering what I precieve as Media bias in his favor. If the Nation was "unified" by Obama I would expect him to have a much bigger lead.

Well said Charles_Main.

Obama got fewer votes then Hilllary, so he couldn't unify his own party. Your assessment of the mainstream media embalance is right on. If he wasn't getting such a bump by the liberal media like The New Times,NBC,CBS and ABC he be would trailing by a lot.

Wake up America.

Well said Charles_Main.

Obama got fewer votes then Hilllary, so he couldn't unify his own party. Your assessment of the mainstream media embalance is right on. If he wasn't getting such a bump by the liberal media like The New Times,NBC,CBS and ABC he be would trailing by a lot.

Wake up America.

America has woken up. That's why 69% of Americans disapprove of the job George Bush has done. It is time for a change.

America has woken up. That's why 69% of Americans disapprove of the job George Bush has done. It is time for a change.
And 97% disapproval job rating for the congress. Oh who is majority in congress. You guessed it. Democrats. The worst approval rating of all times. And we want a Democrate for president. God help us.

And 97% disapproval job rating for the congress. Oh who is majority in congress. You guessed it. Democrats. The worst approval rating of all times. And we want a Democrate for president. God help us.

God has already helped us. George Bush is leaving.

Nice comeback Kirk. But why don't you address the facts I've given concerning your Democrates.

Democrates (Greek: Δημοκράτης) a Pythagorean philosopher, concerning whom absolutely nothing is known. A collection of moral maxims, called the Golden Sentences (Greek: γνῶμαι χρυσαῖ) has come down to us under his name. They are written in the Ionic dialect, from which some writers have inferred, that they were written at a very early period, whereas others think it more probable that they are the production of the age of Julius Caesar. But nothing can be said with certainty, for want of both external and internal evidence. Some of these sentences are quoted by Stobaeus, and are found in some manuscripts under the name of Democritus.

Democrates (Greek: Δημοκράτης) a Pythagorean philosopher, concerning whom absolutely nothing is known. A collection of moral maxims, called the Golden Sentences (Greek: γνῶμαι χρυσαῖ) has come down to us under his name. They are written in the Ionic dialect, from which some writers have inferred, that they were written at a very early period, whereas others think it more probable that they are the production of the age of Julius Caesar. But nothing can be said with certainty, for want of both external and internal evidence. Some of these sentences are quoted by Stobaeus, and are found in some manuscripts under the name of Democritus.

Nice job. You know hope to copy and paste.

Yeah, cuz this thread and the discussion is about George Bush.

Here's a clue for you to ponder: George Bush isn't on the ballot this time.:eek:

Here's a clue for you to ponder.

America has woken up.

Does anyone else have to stop themselves from saying "Obamayomama?" I don't know why it is that I always want to say that, but I do. It's like some weird patterning thing in my brain....
ROFLMAO!!! I was saying that at work today and cracking myself up...seriously. I thought I was the only one doing that. Doesn't matter if you're voting R or D, it's fun for everyone!!!!!!!!!

Or Obamayomamanirvanapajama.....

Allie .... you really don't know when to be serious and when not to, do you :confused:

Back to this question .... I will agree with most of what has been mentioned;

As most have mentioned ... "He is bright, charismatic, and wellspoken, we need change, etc. etc. etc." I will add what is important to me ... his health is better than McCain, his age makes a big difference, plus one more thing - he is the "chosen" canditate for "his" party. He and Hillary both had a fair shot at it - most people in America never thought he would have a snowball's chance in hell .... that she had it all wrapped up in a nice little package. Well folks, like it or not .... she lost - he won.

I still have not decided who I will be voting for ... but when the time comes, he will be on the top of my list between McCain and Obama.

Last edited:
No he has captivated your attention. He only leads McCain by 6 in the best polls, by only 1 in some. real clear Politics does an average of several polls and they have obama up by only 2.5 points. So he clearly has not captivated the attention of the whole nation. If he had his lead in the polls would be far greater.

Clearly at least 44% of Amricans, are not sold on Obama, and have not been captivated by him. Many people are Captivated by the fact that a Black man is doing so well in the Election, but that does not mean Obama did anything to do it.

You can not argue with the polls, the nation is just as divided on this election as any Election in the past. So how exactly has be captivated the attention of the country, and how is that in anyway a qualification to be president in the first place.

Americans attentions can be captivated by many things, it does not mean they will vote for it.

However I do not know why I am telling you this, I like how cocky and sure of yourselves Democrats are getting. It usually leads to a dissapointing loss :)

American Idol captivates the attention of Americans, does that mean Simon should be President?:eusa_think:

Here's a clue for you to ponder.

America has woken up.

That would be "America has awaken."

And no, there is absolutely NO clue your statement. Kind of like your head. Less than half the population of the US does neither constitutes "America" nor that it has "hyuk, hyuk .. woked up."

It pretty much says the US is still pretty much split in half along party lines, and that Democrats/liberals are supporting the Democratic candidate. Gosh. Imagine THAT.:cool:

Please try to not foist less than half of the US voting population supporting "Change You can Believe In" because they're buying what is obviously bullshit as an awakening.

That would be "America has awaken."

And no, there is absolutely NO clue your statement. Kind of like your head. Less than half the population of the US does neither constitutes "America" nor that it has "hyuk, hyuk .. woked up."

It pretty much says the US is still pretty much split in half along party lines, and that Democrats/liberals are supporting the Democratic candidate. Gosh. Imagine THAT.:cool:

Please try to not foist less than half of the US voting population supporting "Change You can Believe In" because they're buying what is obviously bullshit as an awakening.

I was referring to the fact that 69% of Americans now disapprove of the job George Bush has done as president. No amount of flag waving can fool the American people this time.

I was referring to the fact that 69% of Americans now disapprove of the job George Bush has done as president. No amount of flag waving can fool the American people this time.

I was referring to the fact that this thread isn't about George Bush and I was addressing who it IS about.

While you may think your political fanaticism will amount to something, Bush will be forgotten in history. You're one of those unhinged types that will be whining about Bush 10 years from now.

If the backlash for the way people such as yourself have acted for the past 7+ years is even HALF what I expect, you need to get a flack jacket and helmet and prepare for incoming rounds if Obama is elected. You're going ot get your behavior thrown back in your face in spades.

I doubt too many people have been fooled by Bush. Real candidates with actual brains probably could have beat him. Too bad y'all didn't give us any to vote for.

I was referring to the fact that this thread isn't about George Bush and I was addressing who it IS about.

While you may think your political fanaticism will amount to something, Bush will be forgotten in history. You're one of those unhinged types that will be whining about Bush 10 years from now.

If the backlash for the way people such as yourself have acted for the past 7+ years is even HALF what I expect, you need to get a flack jacket and helmet and prepare for incoming rounds if Obama is elected. You're going ot get your behavior thrown back in your face in spades.

I doubt too many people have been fooled by Bush. Real candidates with actual brains probably could have beat him. Too bad y'all didn't give us any to vote for.

Bush has almost destoyed America, and all you can talk about is me.

Obama will be a great president, but he will have to clean up a God awful mess.

Polls are notoriously wrong. Not to mention more people have cell only households and only voter records are considered that have their addresses verified against the UPS database.. this is only done after each election.. (i.e. Newly Registered people are not included in the sample). A good portion of the "Fired Up" crowd are not being counted...

Not to mention that as the current president told us, 1.5 pts is a mandate from the American people.

Forum List

Back