McCain Got Sandbagged By Obama

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
HA HA!!!

:clap2:

How McCain Stirred a Simmering Pot

Pelosi said Obama would speak for the Democrats. Though later he would pepper Paulson with questions, according to a Republican in the room, his initial point was brief: "We've got to get something done."
Bush turned to McCain, who joked, "The longer I am around here, the more I respect seniority." McCain then turned to Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to speak first.

Boehner was blunt. The plan Paulson laid out would not win the support of the vast majority of House Republicans. It had been improved on the edges, with an oversight board and caps on the compensation of participating executives. But it had to be changed at the core. He did not mention the insurance alternative, but Democrats did. Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, pressed Boehner hard, asking him if he really intended to scrap the deal and start again.

No, Boehner replied, he just wanted his members to have a voice. Obama then jumped in to turn the question on his rival: "What do you think of the [insurance] plan, John?" he asked repeatedly. McCain did not answer.

One Republican in the room said it was clear that the Democrats came into the meeting with a "game plan" aimed at forcing McCain to choose between the administration and House Republicans. "They had taken McCain's request for a meeting and trumped it," said this source.

Congressional aides from both parties were standing in the lobby of the West Wing, unaware of the discord inside the Cabinet room, when McCain emerged alone, shook the hands of the Marines at the door and left. The aides were baffled. The plan had been for a bipartisan appearance before the media, featuring McCain, Obama and at least a firm statement in favor of intervention. Now, one of the leading men was gone.

McCain has been on the left-side of the fence so long he doesn't know how to make the right decision. Clearly Obama is wrong and McCain can't make up his mind. I'm not too keen on letting the government squander $700 billion of our money to bail-out companies that shouldn't be in business in the first place. Are you?

McCain has been on the left-side of the fence so long he doesn't know how to make the right decision. Clearly Obama is wrong and McCain can't make up his mind. I'm not too keen on letting the government squander $700 billion of our money to bail-out companies that shouldn't be in business in the first place. Are you?

Were/are you ok with our government squandering that much and more on Iraq?

That's the view of the beneficiaries of the spending. The internation oil companies are well pleased.

Yeah, China just signed a big contract and punted Shell after the dems demanded a law from the Iraqis showing how the money would be divided by the tribes.

Iraqi tribes sharing their money...not US oil companies.

Time to write your masters for a new set of talking points.

Money well spent.

Yeah, we got so much out of that money. I feel so much safer now that the big bad terrorists can't get me with their massive nuclear sling shots. Do you really think if we didn't go over there that planes were going to be flying into our buildings left and right and the taliban would be running rampant through the streets of America? You Republicans are so fucking stupid.

Yeah, we got so much out of that money. I feel so much safer now that the big bad terrorists can't get me with their massive nuclear sling shots. Do you really think if we didn't go over there that planes were going to be flying into our buildings left and right and the taliban would be running rampant through the streets of America? You Republicans are so fucking stupid.

If it were only liberals the jihadis wanted to kill I wouldn't care but there is no reason to allow your stupidity and cowadice infect the rest of us.

Nice post.

Have you noticed what chicken shits Republicans are?

Oh, Mr. Cheney, please protect me from the brown men with beards. I am soooo afraid!

What bunch of pussies!

Nice post.

Oh, Mr. Cheney, please protect me from the brown men with beards. I am soooo afraid!

What bunch of pussies!

One minute you're bemoaning the number of troops killed.

The next minute you're saying they aren't really a threat.

Could you idiots stay on message for 5 consecutive minutes?

Nice post.

What bunch of pussies!
wow, i didnt think anyone could be as moronic as Chris/Kirk

Yeah, China just signed a big contract and punted Shell after the dems demanded a law from the Iraqis showing how the money would be divided by the tribes.

Iraqi tribes sharing their money...not US oil companies.

Time to write your masters for a new set of talking points.

Thanks for the backup. I've been trying to point out for some time that it's the international oil companies that are the beneficiaries. That's why I posted:

Originally Posted by Diuretic
That's the view of the beneficiaries of the spending. The internation oil companies are well pleased.

Typo with "internation" instead of "international" but most minds can interpret the word as "international" because of its context.

So, that must make the average American taxpayer feel pretty special eh? To say nothing of the military personnel who had to fight to take and hold Iraq so that its government could start doing deals with international oil companies after using American funds to rebuild itself post-Baathist regime.

But it's not all bad. "International oil companies" means also US oil companies, you know those corporations that have shareholders who stand to make a lot of money thanks to the sacrifices of the international coalition military and the US taxpayer. And there are the other big winners - Cheney's corporate connections.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

One minute you're bemoaning the number of troops killed.

The next minute you're saying they aren't really a threat.

Could you idiots stay on message for 5 consecutive minutes?

Iraqis weren't a threat. They became one when we decided to invade them.

Forum List

Back