McCain Gains 4 in Gallup

Saddam waged a war in which over a million people died, gassed his own citizens, invaded a neighboring country, paid the families of suicide bombers, was siphoning off billions of dollars in the Food for Oil program, was on his way to rebuilding his army after it was destroyed in the Gulf War and had all the scientist in place to relaunch his WMD program and your answer is he would have been "messy". If you say so. By the way there's this Bridge in New York you might be interested in.

You mean the war we supported?

rumsfeld-hussein.jpg

Drudge is a conservative Republican who didn't even mention the Palin story on his website. He broke the spiked Newsweek story about Clinton and Lewinsky.

I find Drudge is pretty equal in his links.

The Palin "story" may be the biggest non story ever written about.

I'll bet 99% of Americans have no problem with Palin attempting to get a State Trooper fired who tazered his 10 year old.

Yet Barnie Frank can share a bed with a high ranking employee of Fannie Mae while Frank sits on the committee that oversees Fannie Mae.

Sigh.

The Palin "story" may be the biggest non story ever written about.

I'll bet 99% of Americans have no problem with Palin attempting to get a State Trooper fired who tazered his 10 year old.

Yet Barnie Frank can share a bed with a high ranking employee of Fannie Mae while Frank sits on the committee that oversees Fannie Mae.

Sigh.

You are wrong.

Most Americans don't want to see high office used for a personal vendetta.

Fox News Poll: Palin Makes People LESS Likely to vote for McCain; Palin a drag on GOP ticket

Obama leads McCain in national poll, Palin a drag on GOP ticket

Associated Press - October 10, 2008 5:03 PM ET

A new national poll suggests Barack Obama maintains a 7-point lead on John McCain, and that Sarah Palin may be a drag on the Republican ticket.

The Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll of registered voters found 46% of respondents backing Obama to 39% for McCain. That's about the same as it was late last month.

On the vice presidential picks, the poll suggests Obama's choice of Joe Biden makes people 11% likelier to support the Democrats. But Sarah Palin appears to be an 8-point drag for the Republicans.

WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 - Obama leads McCain in national poll, Palin a drag on GOP ticket

We also supported the Taliban against the Russians.

But the point is what would Saddam have been up to these past six years?

He wouldn't have killed 4,000 american soldiers, and cost the US Taxpayer one trillion dollars.

With a clever and competent president, Saddam could have been contained, and he would have continued to be a bulwark against Iranian influence. He was the most anti-iranian leader in the middle east.

Yes, but the American people are just tuning in so it would be good to have the candidates state their positions. The problem for Obama is he has changed his positions so many times that without a teleprompter he might change a position again. I actually think this is a major reason why he has to have a teleprompter so he doesn't contradict himself.
I think you are seriously confusing Obama with McCain paperboy. I mean this man his changed his position on every issue from torture to the economy. I'm not even sure he knows what he said five minutes ago, much less five months ago.

He's changed his positions on: surge success (or not), FISA, 2nd Amendment, taxes, abortion and campaign finance to name a few.

please provide specific examples of him changing position on the 2nd amendment and abortion....

If nobody cares about Ayers then why are the Obama people falling all over themselves to "refute" even what Obama himself has said.

Now Obama tells us he thought Ayers was a "rehabilitated" terrorist.

that's not what he said. Once again twisting his words to derive your meaning doesn't work. He said by the time he met Ayers he was a college professor. He learned later who he was and assumed he'd been rehabilitated. My question to you and ALL cons is this....why do you single out Obama and say that he should've known better? he should've shown better judgement than to sit on a board with Ayers, to attend a party at his house which was given on behalf of a sitting IL state senator and all these other issues that you seem to have with Obama regarding his interaction with Ayers, but you seem to gloss over or just outright ignore the fact that Ayers also sat on that board with republicans and other highly respected members of the chicago community. Obama didn't sit on that board by himself. If Obama's judgement is in question so is Annenberg, the founder and by extension I guess McCain since Annenberg's widow has endorsed McCain. WHere is McCain's judgement in accepting an endorsement from someone who knowingly put a domestic terrorist on a board and then enacted ideas he planned, giving him 49 million dollars to carry out those plans. WHEN you can answer those questions, then perhaps your outrage over Obama and Ayers will ring a little more authentic.

This begs the question: Does Obama think a terrorist can be rehabilitated?

Does Obama know of a 12 step program for terrorists? Will it be covered under his universal health care?

Obama gets into trouble every time he expresses a thought of his own that hasn't been approved by Axelrod.

well considering that historically speaking, all evidence points to the fact that Ayers wasn't a violent radical and that he split with the weather underground BECAUSE of their violence then yes, I'd assume someone like that can be rehabilitated. He figured out that he could affect more change by working within the confines of societies rules rather than by trying to bring them down. A lot of young idealistic people felt that way in the 60s and 70s. Ayers isn't really all that unique for that time period. Ayers wasn't responsible for killing anyone and continuing to claim he did only shows your own ignorance to the facts.

Of course you do, you're a conservative.

I'm pretty much in the middle, though I've voted Republican since I was able to start voting. This will be my first year ever voting for a Democrat. The way I see it, Obama the next 8 years, then Hillary in 2016... the next time I'll consider voting for a Republican won't be until 2024 and by that time Chelsea could run. Hell, I could run in 2024. I'll be around Obama's age by then. That is, if America hasn't bankrupted itself by then.

DavidS for President. Vote for me and I'll make Spam our national food.

You are wrong.

Most Americans don't want to see high office used for a personal vendetta.

I personally had no problem with it. I didn't see it as a vendetta. Apparently this guy had threatened the family and felt he was dangerous. The guys is 30 years old and on his 4th or 5th marriage. I don't understand how the guy was able to keep his job after he admitted to the tazer incident. He should have ben fired right away. I guess that's what a good union is for.

Of course you do, you're a conservative.

I'm pretty much in the middle, though I've voted Republican since I was able to start voting. This will be my first year ever voting for a Democrat. The way I see it, Obama the next 8 years, then Hillary in 2016... the next time I'll consider voting for a Republican won't be until 2024 and by that time Chelsea could run. Hell, I could run in 2024. I'll be around Obama's age by then. That is, if America hasn't bankrupted itself by then.

DavidS for President. Vote for me and I'll make Spam our national food.

Hire a good CPA. You'll need it.

And we're about to support the Taliban again. They're losing too many key players. They want to make peace with Americans and they'll turn against Al Queda. The only way to fight Islamofacists is with islamofacism? This will be Obama's first foreign policy mistake. We should not make peace with the Taliban. We should wipe them out completely. If we make peace with them, who knows if there won't be another opportunity for them to turn against us again?

I think you are seriously confusing Obama with McCain paperboy. I mean this man his changed his position on every issue from torture to the economy. I'm not even sure he knows what he said five minutes ago, much less five months ago.

I love your avatar.

But the point is what would Saddam have been up to these past six years?

well I guess that begs the question, what had he been doing since the first gulf war? not a whole hell of a lot I'd say. he wasn't making WMD, as revealed by the evidence. He wasn't plotting and planning attacks on the US as revealed by the evidence. He WAS however, keeping Osama Bin Laden out of Iraq and he was keeping Iran in check. Now look at what we're facing. If that's what you think is good for America you've got some serious issues.

He said by the time he met Ayers he was a college professor. He learned later who he was and assumed he'd been rehabilitated.....

You know, it is ironic to see the ayers thing discussed (from McCain etc) in such close proximity (here in this thread) to the pictures of the US putting Saddam in charge of iraq, under the reagan administration.

I think you are seriously confusing Obama with McCain paperboy.

Wash Post: Obama Top Flip Flops here

He learned later who he was and assumed he'd been rehabilitated.

ABC News: Obama: I Assumed Ayers Had Been Rehabilitated Link here

Obama didn't sit on that board by himself.

Obama was the Chairman of the Board with the responsbility of disbursing the 100 million Ayers got from Annenberg and matching funds. I'm sure Ayers didn't know who Obama was and visa versa. Why would they? It was only 100 million Obama directed the disbursement of. And the fact that Wright got money too. Who cares? And the fact Ayers got money disbursed to his own project. So what? By the way Annenberg isn't running for President. Obama is.

Wash Post: Obama Top Flip Flops here

ABC News: Obama: I Assumed Ayers Had Been Rehabilitated Link here

Obama was the Chairman of the Board with the responsbility of disbursing the 100 million Ayers got from Annenberg and matching funds. I'm sure Ayers didn't know who Obama was and visa versa. Why would they? It was only 100 million Obama directed the disbursement of. And the fact that Wright got money too. Who cares? And the fact Ayers got money disbursed to his own project. So what? By the way Annenberg isn't running for President. Obama is.

You're little bitch ass better stop crying like a girl about Ayers.

No one gives a fuck, and those that do are already voting for McCain. Just like they voted for George Dumbya Bush...twice.

Get used to a Democratic president, with huge Dem majorities in both Senate and House. You're little bitch ass can cry about ayers all you want. It won't save your pathetic little Grandpa. Your lame ass president and party were given total control of the federal government.

And you drove us off the cliff.

And people know it.

You're the party of personal responsibility. Guess what? You're president, your party, and Mr. "I voted with Bush 90% of the time" are going to be held accountable.

(the misplaced "you're's" (should be your not you're) were worse than the swearing, fwiw.)

/pedant

Forum List

Back