McCain Gains 4 in Gallup

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking report finds registered voters preferring Barack Obama (50%) to John McCain (43%) when asked who they would vote for if the presidential election were held today.

Link here

Also from the current Gallup Poll:

Likely Voter Estimates

Obama's current advantage is slightly less when estimating the preferences of likely voters, which Gallup will begin reporting on a regular basis between now and the election. Gallup is providing two likely voter estimates to take into account different turnout scenarios.

The first likely voter model is based on Gallup's traditional likely voter assumptions, which determine respondents' likelihood to vote based on how they answer questions about their current voting intention and past voting behavior. According to this model, Obama's advantage over McCain is 50% to 46% in Oct. 9-11 tracking data.

RCP Obama +7.3

The electoral map is a disaster for McCain.

This race is over.

The latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking report finds registered voters preferring Barack Obama (50%) to John McCain (43%) when asked who they would vote for if the presidential election were held today.

Link here

So now he is only down 7!

Congrats!!!

Obama's lead over McCain is the largest to date, in the averaged polls.

Obama's lead over McCain is the largest to date, in the averaged polls.

Yes but many of the RCP polls are days out of date.

I personally like to keep an eye on the 4 polls that track daily on RCP.

RCP also doesn't use Zogby which has it within the margin of error.

This is not to say Obama isn't ahead. He is. But I think it is still very close and "not in the bag". But I certainly hope Obama supporters think it is.

Last edited:
I am an obama supporter, I know it isn't on the bag, but there are very few game changers left available. They are things like vp picks, debates, and crises. Only one known event like this left, and the trends in the pols have benefited Obama for a few weeks now, through several such points.

There could be a security crisis which would help McCain, and I wouldn't rule that out given then world we live in.

And I am always untrusting of the machines. :)

I'm for McCain, but he's lost this election. Say goodbye. He asked all of us to not fear an Obama presidency. OK. We're here. Don't be surprised you are not winning.

I'm for McCain, but he's lost this election. Say goodbye. He asked all of us to not fear an Obama presidency. OK. We're here. Don't be surprised you are not winning.

More to the point, too bad that fear was all he had.

But congrats to the spammer for yet another misleading thread.

Hope it keeps up the moral for the base...in between yelling "kill him", that is.

Hope it keeps up the moral for the base...in between yelling "kill him", that is.

Hardly, but since he couldn't recognize it, why should you?

McCain would need to pull a rabbit out of his ass to win at this point quite honestly.

The pundits are talking about the only president to ever come from behind this big a point spread in Mid-Oct was Reagan and that was only following a very late Presidential debate.

McCain doesn't have the appeal of Reagan so short of an attack on our soil by terrorists I think McCain is toast.

But, being an Obama supporter, I won't feel 100% confident in his win until it's announced officially on election night.

Jillian, touche. You manage to play to the bottom of both of our bottoms. :cool:

I am an obama supporter

Ya know, if I spelled Barack's last name with a small "o" I'd be accused being racist. I am of course teasing. That would never happen.

But in all seriousness a previously unknown DUI that Bush had was disclosed a few days before the 2000 election and it nearly cost him the Presidency.

I think the polls will tighten up no matter what.

This week's debate could move the polls (or not).

I would think what if anything Rezko has to say about Obama would be a concern.

Then there's the unknown like the Bush DUI.

Also the Republicans are starting to make as part of their talking points the importance of divided government. Most people don't like the idea of one party controlling Congress and the Presidency.

i spl lots of things rong.

:)

and i am racist and sexist :)

dont tell anyone.

Actually he was telling an individual who said that Obama was an Arab not be scared of Obama.

The McCain commercials state that Obama and his policies are risky.

Big difference.

Actually he was telling an individual who said that Obama was an Arab not be scared of Obama.

The McCain commercials state that Obama and his policies are risky.

Big difference.

you really are a dumbass aren't you?

he was telling a young man who stood up and said he was expecting his first child in April and he was AFRAID of an Obama presidency. McCain said Obama is a decent man and you don't need to be scared of an Obama presidency. watch the videos before you make yourself look even more stupid.

The woman who called Obama an Arab he said "no he's not" and then said he's a decent family man.

McCain's ad does say that Obama's policies are too risky for America but these people aren't talking about his policies they are talking about the man himself and that is what McCain/Palin have created...fear of the man and that is why McCain has had to dial down his supporters who are yelling threats and hate filled comments about Obama.

Can you imagine what would happen if Obama actually took questions from real people instead of only working off a teleprompter?

Where was Obama when all the over top attacks were happening to Palin (see Michelle Malkin's blog today)?

Your man is a coward and a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back