McCain: "Economics is Something That I've Really Never Understood"

Bush was warned. he blew it off and played golf. that is a fact...

and on whose watch did the first 9/11 attack occur?

Yeah I'll give it to you while the Bush admistration was still pretty much in transition phase the 9/11 attacks happened. Because of years of failure on behalf of the Clinton admistration, thinking Serbia was more important than AQ. When they had ever warning sign AQ was serious.

Yeah I'll give it to you while the Bush admistration was still pretty much in transition phase the 9/11 attacks happened. Because of years of failure on behalf of the Clinton admistration, thinking Serbia was more important than AQ. When they had ever warning sign AQ was serious.

It takes nine months for a transistion?? You do know that most administrations are measured in the first instance by their first 100 days in office, right? 9-11 happened on about day 200. Do try and keep up.

Serbia was much more important than AQ at the time. One world war has already started in the region and it is still pretty unstable even today. 10s of 1000s of people died in the region during the 90s, and as the US is a leading light in NATO it was beholden to them to be involved. AQ is a mish mash of groups given too much creedence who got lucky. Still, Bush did take his eye off the ball...

Gump, if casualties is a determing factor for going to war. Around 500,000 were killed by Saddam and his regime. (Not saying that I agree with all aspects of the Iraq war, but if you're using casualties and victims as a guage, far more died in Iraq from Saddam.)

As far as AQ goes, Osama declared Jihad on America after Kuwait denied his services during the invasion in 91 and instead went with the U.S. (before the Bosnia conflict--92-95) So clinton knew Osama would be a problem. He also had Osama on platter but also took his eye off the ball. The United States had been constantly attacked by terrorists since the 80s. It's not a new thing.

Gump, if casualties is a determing factor for going to war. Around 500,000 were killed by Saddam and his regime. (Not saying that I agree with all aspects of the Iraq war, but if you're using casualties and victims as a guage, far more died in Iraq from Saddam.)

As far as AQ goes, Osama declared Jihad on America after Kuwait denied his services during the invasion in 91 and instead went with the U.S. (before the Bosnia conflict--92-95) So clinton knew Osama would be a problem. He also had Osama on platter but also took his eye off the ball. The United States had been constantly attacked by terrorists since the 80s. It's not a new thing.

Brain, you may be right with regard to 500,000 people in Iraq but it wasn't your fight in the first place. Let the ME sort out the ME and see where the cards fall. And those figures also include an eight year war with Iran.

Clinton did not take his eye off the ball at all. He did send some bombs into the Sudan and Afghanistan, and you must remember this was at the behest and guidence of American intelligence. And Bush is not blameless in this regard. He had the best part of nine months to do something - anything - and he didn't. And you are right re terrorist attacks - the marines in Beruit - so was Raygun at fault there, too?? Or does he get a free pass because he gets the undeserved feather in his cap for ending the cold war..

It takes nine months for a transistion?? You do know that most administrations are measured in the first instance by their first 100 days in office, right? 9-11 happened on about day 200. Do try and keep up.

Serbia was much more important than AQ at the time. One world war has already started in the region and it is still pretty unstable even today. 10s of 1000s of people died in the region during the 90s, and as the US is a leading light in NATO it was beholden to them to be involved. AQ is a mish mash of groups given too much creedence who got lucky. Still, Bush did take his eye off the ball...

Ok, you think the president is actually sworn in on Jan. 1st. NO he's not sworn in on Jan. 1st. Its toward the end of January. Feb.,March,Apr.,June,July,Aug. by my count that would be about 6 or 7 months. So you try to keep up.
Lmao, AQ is a mish mash now because of Bush's policies. I happen to disagree with you, when you were struck on several different occasions by the same group of terrorist group. It seems as though they would have gotten your attention.

Brain, you may be right with regard to 500,000 people in Iraq but it wasn't your fight in the first place. Let the ME sort out the ME and see where the cards fall. And those figures also include an eight year war with Iran.

Clinton did not take his eye off the ball at all. He did send some bombs into the Sudan and Afghanistan, and you must remember this was at the behest and guidence of American intelligence. And Bush is not blameless in this regard. He had the best part of nine months to do something - anything - and he didn't. And you are right re terrorist attacks - the marines in Beruit - so was Raygun at fault there, too?? Or does he get a free pass because he gets the undeserved feather in his cap for ending the cold war..

How was Bosnia more of our fight than Iraq? The reasons behind the war (as explained to us) was that their was genocide being conducted. Of course I agree with both wars...maybe not the entire conduction of this one, but I agree with it's goals.

As far as clinton dropping the ball...
I've posted an article of someone (Mansoor Ijaz) who was involved with the Clinton admin. And I even used a favorite site of some of the posters.

http://www.infowars.com/saved pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm

As far as Reagan and the cold war...no president should get all credit for things. Just like they shouldn't get all the blame for everything. Just like george Bush shouldn't be blamed for 9-11, it happened to early on his watch for it do be some large government conspiracy started by Bush.

The fact is...if someone leaves a turd on the floor, I'm gonna find it hard to use that bathroom. Just like I don't believe it is Clinton's fault for terrorism, but he did drop the ball.

Ok, you think the president is actually sworn in on Jan. 1st. NO he's not sworn in on Jan. 1st. Its toward the end of January. Feb.,March,Apr.,June,July,Aug. by my count that would be about 6 or 7 months. So you try to keep up.
Lmao, AQ is a mish mash now because of Bush's policies. I happen to disagree with you, when you were struck on several different occasions by the same group of terrorist group. It seems as though they would have gotten your attention.

Um, no, it is the best part of eight months. Not six. Even if it was only six months, that is plenty of time for ole George to sort his shit out, no?

No, AQ as always a mish mash. The media tried to make out they're some sort of well oiled terrorist machine. AQ is just a name a group of terrorists gave themselves. They are not some huge well-organised network. All they are a small bunch of terrorists who are a little cog in a big wheel of another group of terrorists. Having a Western mindset you like to put them into neat little, identifiable groups who live at such and such address. They don't. They are everywhere and anywhere and include intellectual fundamentalists through to opportunist hoods. Who says they were the same group. All you have is a figurehead in Osama - all the rest just ride on the coat tails. Not even the best intelligence agencies in the world know the full story with these groups, let alone some idiots on a messageboard...(and that includes me!)

How was Bosnia more of our fight than Iraq? The reasons behind the war (as explained to us) was that their was genocide being conducted.

Because it was in NATO's sphere and Iraq is not. And last time I looked the US was part of NATO, no?

As far as Reagan and the cold war...no president should get all credit for things. Just like they shouldn't get all the blame for everything. Just like george Bush shouldn't be blamed for 9-11, it happened to early on his watch for it do be some large government conspiracy started by Bush.

The fact is...if someone leaves a turd on the floor, I'm gonna find it hard to use that bathroom. Just like I don't believe it is Clinton's fault for terrorism, but he did drop the ball.

I concur. I think CLinton dropped the ball to a degree, but so did Bush. At the end of the day, the true blame lies with the terrorists.

Forum List

Back