McCain Does Not Support Our Veterans

Oh there are secret societies. Skull & Crossbones. Do you know how many of them worked for the HW Bush administration? I don't, but I saw a thing once and these groups really do exist. :eusa_drool:

Of course there are secret societies, some people get their jollies belonging to such things, But note that I mentioned a GRAND UNIFIED CONSPIRACY?

That is the thing which I have difficulty believing exists.

McCain exhibits the same fantasy mentality lots on the right exhibit, he thinks because he ditched his first wife and married money everyone should.

Of course there are secret societies, some people get their jollies belonging to such things, But note that I mentioned a GRAND UNIFIED CONSPIRACY?

That is the thing which I have difficulty believing exists.

They were planning to invade iraq before bush was even president and they lied us in, then chaney' haloburton and bush's oil buddies emptied the treasury. how much evidence do you need columbo?

The federal reserve owns america. they amuse us by pretending the government is we the people. our politicians are bought of. mccain and hillary both are owned!

we need to vote in younger politicians and get rid of all the good old boys. its the only way we can take the country back.

Macs anti military voting record in both indefensible and inexcusable. But you will get nowhere trying to point this out. Unfortunately the ignorance is bliss statement pertains to much to the republican party...

This is simply ridiculous. Unless you were in the military, you can't really speak for the man unless you know what its like to be in his shoes. For those on the thread with military experience, both liberal and conservative, have a closer view to this than others.

I personally, don't believe McCain is remotely anti-military and I am prior military. I follow millitary issues closely and all of the votes I've seen in the past year where there were attempts to attack McCain for being anti-military had some form of pork attached to them.

John Kerry was anti-military, and he showed it in more ways than one. He has made comments and taken stands against our military multiple times. That is why I didn't vote for him or even consider him as an option. I couldn't vote for a guy that so openly opposed our military.

McCain voted against the troops 80% of the time, Obama voted with the troops 80% of the time. McCain lied about having good ratings with veterans groups. A veteran called him out at a town hall and he argued with the guy.

I don't know how McCain gets away with lying all the time.

The troops have donated more to Obama. That's not a good sign for McCain.

Provide some facts to back up your quote. Unless you provide some facts to back this up, stating what your saying is just dumb. What does it mean to say Obama supported the troops 80% of the time?

You think or hope this? I think you are wrong. Top brass give more to McCain, but I told you guys before, no freakin way the grunts support McCain, unless they've been brainwashed. Aren't there a lot of poor soldiers? Aren't there are lot of black soldiers?

Again, your shooting in the dark with no facts. Were you in the military? Were you a grunt? I was a grunt!

Your comments are naive and short sided.

Provide some facts to back up your quote. Unless you provide some facts to back this up, stating what your saying is just dumb. What does it mean to say Obama supported the troops 80% of the time?

It means if you look at the votes on veteran issues, McCain voted against many of them and Obama voted for them.

He voted against the Webb bill that would require the troops to be home as long as they had to be in combat. He voted against the education bill that would give the Afghanistan and Iraqi vets educational benefits similar to those given in the GI Bill after WWII.

Check out his record. He doesn't support many of the veteran bills and many of the Veteran groups don't support him. When questioned in public, he doesn't answer the question but goes off on a tangent.

I'll tell you who really loves our troops: Biden and Murtha. They both condemned the Haditha Marines before they were even investigated and tried. I wonder if Biden will apologize now that his in on the ticket. I also wonder if Murtha ever will.

It means if you look at the votes on veteran issues, McCain voted against many of them and Obama voted for them.

He voted against the Webb bill that would require the troops to be home as long as they had to be in combat. He voted against the education bill that would give the Afghanistan and Iraqi vets educational benefits similar to those given in the GI Bill after WWII.

Check out his record. He doesn't support many of the veteran bills and many of the Veteran groups don't support him. When questioned in public, he doesn't answer the question but goes off on a tangent.

What you fail to mention in both of your examples is that McCain seeked the advice of Defense officials, Chiefs of Staff, and a variety of high ranking Generals before making a decision on these bills. The reason he opposed these bills was 1) the Webb bill to require more time home for troops on leave had no Constitutional substance and was an attempt by Webb to bring troops home sooner (in essence an attempt to withdrawal troops from both conflicts when they were needed the most) and 2) the education bill proposed by Webb created a) a retention issue that would motivate more soldiers to leave the military and b) create an influx of volunteers joining the military for a minimal amount of time (2 to 3 years) with a gaurantee of college funding. A similar education bill after WWII was merited because there was a desperate need to bring men back into the U.S. workforce and to promote education for large proportion of men with no formal higher education.

The point is you criticize McCain and tell everyone he's against our military or our veterans, which is simply ridiculous, but you don't give the other side of the story. There are reasons he opposed those bills and most cases attempted to propose counter bills. It's like saying Obama hates our country, its ridiculous. If he hated the U.S., he wouldn't want to be President of it.

McCain exhibits the same fantasy mentality lots on the right exhibit, he thinks because he ditched his first wife and married money everyone should.

You have to be kidding me; divorce is a national hobby. The fact McCain divorced his first wife means nothing. If you want to outlaw it I am with you; if not, quit being a hypocrite.

Last edited:
You have to be kidding me; divorce is a national hobby. The fact McCain divorced his first wife means nothing. If you want to outlaw it I am with you; if not, quit being a hypocrite.

You would outlaw divorce?

A similar education bill after WWII was merited because there was a desperate need to bring men back into the U.S. workforce and to promote education for large proportion of men with no formal higher education

how high are the number of wounded that will need retraining....the war goes on...we as americans have done very little for the armed forces. we sarfice nothing on a daily bases. What about the high cost of retraining disabled vets?

You would outlaw divorce?

Yes I believe I would. I know that it may be a strange position for a moderate and strong defender of liberty to take, but I feel that divorce has done a lot of harm to our society. People are too casual about marriage, having children and divorce. Few things are more important to a nation than their children and raising those children to be good citizens.

It's not just divorce..it's the whole concept of consequence-free sex, the idea that our feelings are more important than our responsibility to ourselves and our family, and the fact that self-sacrifice has been sneered out of existence. We're supposed to sacrifice for the betterment of our families. That means raising kids in 2-parent families where the parents may not be in love anymore, but certainly don't hate each other or have any other dysfunction than a lack of warm fuzzy feelings for each other....or raising kids in homes with serial "daddies".....

In other words, it's not divorce by and of itself. It's the erosion of the traditional family unit. Which is why gay "marriage" is such a hot button.

Last edited:
Yes I believe I would. I know that it may be a strange position for a moderate and strong defender of liberty to take, but I feel that divorce has done a lot of harm to our society. People are too casual about marriage, having children and divorce. Few things are more important to a nation than their children and raising those children to be good citizens.

so you think a child rasied by two parents who hate each other, sleep in seperate beds, and have 'relations' with people other than their spouses will be better off?

an extreme example, i know, but gets the message across

A similar education bill after WWII was merited because there was a desperate need to bring men back into the U.S. workforce and to promote education for large proportion of men with no formal higher education

how high are the number of wounded that will need retraining....the war goes on...we as americans have done very little for the armed forces. we sarfice nothing on a daily bases. What about the high cost of retraining disabled vets?

Speak for yourself, there are others that make sacrifices for our military and some do on a daily basis. Plus, there are many other volunteers and workers that are involved in these conflicts that are not part of our military. They need our gratitude as well.

I will say that the nation's perception of our military vets are is so much better than it was during the 70s when our Vietnam Vets were returning home. The treatment the military received during that era was horrendous. We have made leaps and bounds more progress today than where we were back then.

Holy crap!! Let's just say that wouldn't be good policy. (Coming from someone that used to practice divorce law in a state where it isn't very easy to get a divorce).

Forum List

Back