McCain Declines To Condemn Virginia Republican's Comparison Of Obama And Osama

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | McCain Declines To Condemn Virginia Republican's Comparison Of Obama And Osama

Actions speak louder then words Senator McCain.

This seems like it might make a bit of news today. At the end of an interview with a small TV station in Virginia yesterday afternoon, John McCain declined to condemn a Virginia Republican's comparison of Barack Obama to Osama Bin Laden, saying he needed "more context" first.

QUESTION: The chair of the Republican Party in Virginia has said, quote, in Time magazine, "both Barack Obama and Osama Bin Laden have friends that have bombed the Pentagon. That is scary." Is that appropriate for a state party chair to be saying?

MCCAIN: "I have to look at the context of his remarks. I have always repudiated any comments that have been made that were inappropriate about Senator Obama. The fact is that William Ayers was a terrorist and bomber and unrepentant. I don't care about that. But Senator Obama ought be the candid and truthful about his relationship with Mr. Ayers in whose living room Senator Obama launched his campaign and Senator Obama said he was just a guy in the neighborhood."

So much for all that bullshit about how he respects Senator Obama.

Will the real John McCain please stand up?

So much for the open and candid shit. That's another soundbite.

It doesn't matter what he says or that he hasn't ever been real "pals" with Ayers, they keep up this crap.

But McCain's right. Obama needs to tell the truth, instead of lying about his relationship with Ayers.

Hello, McCain was given the FULL CONTEXT of the quote and he said he wanted the full context.

I call bullshit when I see it and this is bullshit on McCain's part.

Perhaps McCain was trying to be nice in saying he agreed with the statement. Obama uses his silver tongue to sidestep comments just like this on a daily basis, but you never bitch about that.

Hello, McCain was given the FULL CONTEXT of the quote and he said he wanted the full context.

I call bullshit when I see it and this is bullshit on McCain's part.

one line isn't context. you can call it what you want, but obama's not doing himself any favors by not addressing the matter fully.

Perhaps McCain was trying to be nice in saying he agreed with the statement. Obama uses his silver tongue to sidestep comments just like this on a daily basis, but you never bitch about that.

Want to give me some evidence?

Otherwise, bullshit. :eusa_whistle:

Not the time or the place. Wanna talk about it, drudge up one of the old topics in the flame zone. We talk about it here, that's where this thread will end up anyway.

Last I checked, the truth isn't sent to the flame zone.

Unless a bunch of spam and hate is said by the people in the topic. Like by people like you Jsanders.

Last I checked, the truth isn't sent to the flame zone.

Unless a bunch of spam and hate is said by the people in the topic. Like by people like you Jsanders.

No abortion topic has ever survived in a general forum that I've ever seen. They always turn into the two sides repeating themselves ad nauseum.

I love how you deflected away from Obama's talking his way out of committing to a side, though. Well played.

No abortion topic has ever survived in a general forum that I've ever seen. They always turn into the two sides repeating themselves ad nauseum.

I love how you deflected away from Obama's talking his way out of committing to a side, though. Well played.

He wasn't talking his way out of committing to a side though.

Personally, even as a guy I say that men shouldn't have the right to decide on the topic of abortion. I never failed to see the irony in a bunch of old guys deciding what (usually) a young female can and can not do with her body.

Alright then, how can refusing to provide an answer that amounts to no more than a matter of opinion, equate to sidestepping?

The question cannot be definitively answered, it is not like asking the color of your car or your wife's middle name. In other words, your example of sidestepping is a bad one.

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | McCain Declines To Condemn Virginia Republican's Comparison Of Obama And Osama

Actions speak louder then words Senator McCain.

So much for all that bullshit about how he respects Senator Obama.

Will the real John McCain please stand up?

He doesn't respect Obama. He said he respected him because of the ridiculous outcry over the lib plants at the rallies. Anyone who has heard him debate Obama, talk about Obama, or watched his body language around Obama can tell that he has about as much respect for Obama as Obama deserves...which is approximately the equivalent of respect one would have for shoe gum.

Personally, even as a guy I say that men shouldn't have the right to decide on the topic of abortion. I never failed to see the irony in a bunch of old guys deciding what (usually) a young female can and can not do with her body.

You might feel differently if your child was stuck and facing death inside that body.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

I agree, a bunch of old guys should have no say, but the father of the child should.

My problem with Roe v Wade is that it's unconstitutional in that it denies states the right to decide abortion laws within their borders. I really don't give two shits about which states do and do not allow abortions, but the federal government shouldn't be deciding for everyone. It's legislating from the bench, and it's exactly what our government was set up NOT to do.

Well, what the Va. chair said was TRUE.

That's a lil' problem, eh?

Anyway, can anyone imagine the machine-gun blasts of joy that will erupt across the Arab terrorist world when Obama is elected president? A half-black man with the middle name "HUSSEIN" will have that name read by the CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE SUPREME COURT! They'll be ecstatic! And this, his reward for playing us like fiddles. As a reward for refusing to wear a flag lapel pin. As a reward for crapping on the troops. As a reward for being best buddies with an ACTUAL TERRORIST. The more I think about it, the more I think that white guilt might not have any damn limits. Every other white person in America wants to kneel down and kiss the hand of the Great Black Messiah, but this is a false idol, I say.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back