McCain Campaign is CONCEDING Colorado

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - McCain camp looking for way to win without Colorado - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) — The McCain campaign is looking at an Electoral College strategy heading into the final two weeks that has virtually no room for error and depends heavily on a dramatic comeback in Pennsylvania, which hasn't backed a Republican for president in 20 years.

While Iowa, New Mexico and Colorado are still officially listed as McCain target states, two top strategists and advisers tell CNN that the situation in those states looks increasingly bleak. Iowa and New Mexico always have been viewed as difficult races, but the similar assessment of Colorado reflects a dramatic shift for a campaign that had long counted on the state.

"Gone," was the word one top McCain insider used to describe those three states

This source said while the polls in Colorado remain close, he and most others in the operation were of the opinion that the Obama campaign and its allies have a far superior ground/turnout operation and "most of us have a hard time counting on Colorado."

Perhaps McCain can make his last stand at the Alamo? Because eventually that is all he will have left.

This is a big blow to Republicans I would think.

The last time Colorado voted Democrat was for Bill Clinton in 1992.

Last edited:
I am extremely glad to see my home state shift back from far right. The state I grew up in was much more independent and centrist. We had more of a live and let live view than what has been prevalent there for the last 20 years. That view seemed to get lost with an influx of far right evangelicals in the 80s who moved into the state. I am hopeful that common sense will prevail and that the people of Colorado will continue to reject a mindset that has turned out to be hypocritical and bigoted.

As I said before, I thought you needed to be able to get it up in order to pull out

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

according to this map Obama has 286 EV and McCain has 155, with 97 up for grabs.

The states that are up for grabs are as follows:

NV 5 (B)
ND 3 (B)
MO 11 (B)
IN 11 (B)
OH 20 (B)
WV 5 (B)
NC 15 (B)
FL 27 (B)

(B) = Bush in 04

so that means that Obama could lose EVERY one of those states AND VA with it's 13 EV and STILL win the election with 273 Electoral votes.

Something extraordinary would have to happen IMO for McCain to win.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

according to this map Obama has 286 EV and McCain has 155, with 97 up for grabs.

The states that are up for grabs are as follows:

NV 5 (B)
ND 3 (B)
MO 11 (B)
IN 11 (B)
OH 20 (B)
WV 5 (B)
NC 15 (B)
FL 27 (B)

(B) = Bush in 04

so that means that Obama could lose EVERY one of those states AND VA with it's 13 EV and STILL win the election with 273 Electoral votes.

Something extraordinary would have to happen IMO for McCain to win.

This is exactly what I said this morning.

McCain is done.

I think it's a forgone conclusion that Obama will win. I'm just wondering what kind of 'test' we'll see in the near future.

I hope it's not geography related...Clearly Obama thinks there are 57 states :eusa_whistle:

I don't see that happening x. Especially not if Obama immediately tightens security at our borders and ports, which are sorely lacking.

I doubt Obama will tighten security at the borders and ports.

I just noticed Robert has a picture of RFK. Remember Hillary's reference to the RFK assassination? I hope they don't have anything like that planned!

(I keep saying 'they', but I don't know who 'they' might be.)

ya know..............them :eusa_silenced:

I just did a google image search for 'them' and this came up:

images

“More interestingly,” King reports, “most top people inside the McCain campaign now think Colorado is gone, that that is now beyond their reach,
Translation = "This Reporter Hopes". :D

Palin spoke in three different Colorado towns yesterday.

Nice try on suppressing the vote.

"Suppressing the vote?" :rofl:

Did I say that they were going to stop campaigning completely in Colorado? No but they are planning to try and win the election WITHOUT Colorado and these two other states.

Epic fail on your part but nice attempt at spin. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back