McCain Camp Wants to Postpone VP Debate

uh huh... I'd believe that if he'd been GIVING interviews up to this point but he hasn't. he's been avoiding the press like a hooker avoids the cops.

This is a political ploy and nothing more and if anyone believes otherwise they are dumber than GWB.

It smells like a bluff to me, too ...

so it was Obama's idea to work together, proposed at 8:30 am today and McCain 6 hours later issued the statement that he wants to postpone the debates?

so is McCain trying to get credit for looking like he cares and Obama doesn't?

will the various campaign ads be suspended too?

so it was Obama's idea to work together, proposed at 8:30 am today and McCain 6 hours later issued the statement that he wants to postpone the debates?

so is McCain trying to get credit for looking like he cares and Obama doesn't?

will the various campaign ads be suspended too?
why is obama worrying about mccain. didn't obama say mccain is culeless on this issue?
why does obama care what mccain thinks on this issue, if he thinks mccain is dead wrong?
why can't obama tell us what he thinks. i'm stilling waiting

why is obama worrying about mccain. didn't obama say mccain is culeless on this issue?
why does obama care what mccain thinks on this issue, if he thinks mccain is dead wrong?
why can't obama tell us what he thinks. i'm stilling waiting

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnOmLuPiCfk]YouTube - CNN - Obama on bailout[/ame]

try coming out of your cave Jennifer...Obama didn't automatically jump in and make a statement without first seeing what the proposal was. It's called gathering the facts and coming to a conclusion.

Let's see now :confused: Just how much money has it cost to set this debate up, already? Who is going to be footing the bill for what has already been paid to set it up? Do they actually get refunds if they want to cancel an event? :doubt: Let's wait and see what they say about this part of "Government Spending". :eusa_eh:

Cindy, must have paid for it! Silly me! :slap:

I hope you're being facetious. Somehow, I feel the people at Ole Miss can handle cancelling/postponing a debate expect to attract 2,000 people.

Now if one of the football games was cancelled...

At first I this struck me as a disastrous decision.

Now I'm thinking that if McCain plays it right, it could work brilliantly.

Scenario 1: Obama refuses to go back to Washington. McCain can portray him as petty and more concerned with political aspirations than the welfare of the country.

Scenario 2: Obama suspends his campaign and goes to Washington. Makes McCain look like a leader.

And of course...

Scenario 3: McCain goes back to work a la Dukakis and allows Obama to define the issues until the election.

uh huh... I'd believe that if he'd been GIVING interviews up to this point but he hasn't. he's been avoiding the press like a hooker avoids the cops.

This is a political ploy and nothing more and if anyone believes otherwise they are dumber than GWB.

He was due to be on Letterman tonight. He was also due to sit down with a guy from Fox tomorrow. All campaign stops have been pulled too.

I applaud McCain for doing the right thing and heading back to Washington. McCain, like always, is thinking of his country first and not the election. He has a job to do and knows the country needs him elsewhere. Hoorah, brother!

This is exactly the kind of leader we need and is exactly why he will be the next POTUS.

I applaud McCain for doing the right thing and heading back to Washington. McCain, like always, is thinking of his country first and not the election. He has a job to do and knows the country needs him elsewhere. Hoorah, brother!

This is exactly the kind of leader we need and is exactly why he will be the next POTUS.

:disbelief:

oh please! If he were a leader he would've been acting like one since LAST MONEY when the crash happened. Instead he was a bumbling fool who is now down in the polls and desparate to stop the bleeding. The only way to do that is to take himself out of the race temporary while he regains his composure. Every time he opens his mouth his foot goes in deeper.

Last edited:
Good god people, he went back to Washngton to do his fucking job. If he hadn't suspended his campaign you would have vilified him for being selfish. :cuckoo:

No, I'd just keep vilifying him for continuing to be an issues-impotent, Bushy-whipped, sorry-excuse-for-a-competent-veteran, train-of-thought-hasn't-left-the-station limpdick. He hasn't done a consistent f***ing job of being a positive politician in years.

What a chicken-s#!^. Nice try, McCain, but few with a working brain believe what you're peddling.

Last edited:

:clap2:

Wait a minute......

If McChicken knew how to operate a computer or use a Blackberry, he would be able to do the debate.

Besides......there are 200 Senators, and 435 Representatives. I think each party can stand to let one of each of their party continue to campaign. I mean shit.....the election is 2 months away.

what do the extra 100 senators do, Cap'n Civics?

Scenario 1: Obama refuses to go back to Washington. McCain can portray him as petty and more concerned with political aspirations than the welfare of the country.

Scenario 2: Obama suspends his campaign and goes to Washington. Makes McCain look like a leader.

And of course...

Scenario 3: McCain goes back to work a la Dukakis and allows Obama to define the issues until the election.

Scenario 4: Both candidates go back to DC and participate in the debates and vote yay or nay on this bailout bill. Wouldn't this be an excellent opportunity for the country to see, first hand, both candidates in action?

Me thinks, yay!

do you think he'll get his way?

What is the point of delaying the debates? Does he honestly think he can do anything?

He did it on purpose, to give you liberals one more thing to bitch about. kinda like a burr under yer saddle so to speak... :lol:

Yeah, so then he issues a statement (TWO minutes after getting off the phone after Obama called HIM) trying to not only get out of the debates but also to TAKE CREDIT for reaching across partisan lines!!! Dirty, dirty Republican tactics!

Yes, I do to. I don't think Brock's been in Washington more than two days since he became a Senator.

And of course...

Very Rovian. And when you throw into the mix that Bush came up with the stupidest plan of all...one that no one likes, that would have been a step toward communism or worse...it's almost like Rove set the entire thing up so McCain could ride in like a maverick and put lipstick on a pig. Though I have a feeling McCain's solution to the "crisis" is to lower taxes for the rich.

Scenario 4: Both candidates go back to DC and participate in the debates and vote yay or nay on this bailout bill. Wouldn't this be an excellent opportunity for the country to see, first hand, both candidates in action?

Me thinks, yay!

McCain said earlier his vote didn't matter... wonder what changed his mind?

funny, it was Obama who called him first thing this morning to try to work together but it's McCain who will get credit for making the statement. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back