McCain Camp Wants to Postpone VP Debate

Oh i dunno.. If canceling his campaign effort results in something worthwhile being achieved then, I think, it not only accents his bipartisanship but also mutes some of the "gop did it" opinions of this market problem and puts Obama in a situation where he is either accepting mccains lead to act instead of campaign or forced to criticize in a knee jerk reaction. The real test will be to see what is produced. If nothing, then yes.. he's running away. If a solution to the market issue, then he gets points all day long come monday.

And, as much as I think McChicken is hilarious.. I'd advise you to people to wait and see what happens before you knee jerk in the face of a viable solution and become a fucking liability on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Hey.....maybe one of the administrators could join the 2 together perhaps?

McChicken is on the tv right now, pussying out and calling Obama a pussy if he doesn't bow out.

What a lame asshole.

The threads are merged. I'm not an admin though... I just work here.... ;)

I figure he wants the debates delayed because of the economic crisis because he knows he can't talk about it in a cogent fashion.

the election is 40 days away... this is the first of three scheduled debates. it's important for the voters to be able to hear what the candidates have to say. The debate is only two days away...why can't he still attend the debate? what changes in two days? NOT A FUCKING THING!

He's pussing out! he knows he's on the ropes and he knows he's going to be asked about his bullshit from last week of saying the economy is fundamentally strong, being against the AIG bailout then for it, being a member of the party whose platform is NO BAILOUTS!

how will he answer that?

The media is going to tear his ass UP!

Good god people, he went back to Washngton to do his fucking job. If he hadn't suspended his campaign you would have vilified him for being selfish. :cuckoo:

McCain hasn't even held a press conference to talk about what he plans to do.

he's an idiot!

First he says fire the SEC guy...then he says he'd ask for the FEC person's resignation... the fundamentals of the economy are strong...wait..the fundamentals are the workers... The bailout of AIG is wrong...wait...I'm for it, I understand why they'd do that.... No golden parachutes for CEOs...Carly Fironia is a woman I respect despite her $40 million golden parachute....

He's a man on the run... the numbers are making him shit in his depends... :lol:

I think they GOP is trying to make more out of this than it is and if they can or must, they'll postpone the elections.

This news must have scared him:

Obama now leads McCain by 52 percent to 43 percent.
wait you mean a poll of only 978 speaks for 100 million americans?

i actually think its a good thing that he wants to go to congress and work on this. of course it is a complete contradiction to his 'the fundamentals are strong' statement.

but i was looking forward to the debate :(

Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Wednesday said he will break off from campaigning to help on a Wall Street rescue plan and asked that a Friday night debate with Democrat Barack Obama be postponed.

Let's see now :confused: Just how much money has it cost to set this debate up, already? Who is going to be footing the bill for what has already been paid to set it up? Do they actually get refunds if they want to cancel an event? :doubt: Let's wait and see what they say about this part of "Government Spending". :eusa_eh:

Cindy, must have paid for it! Silly me! :slap:

He's pulled out of all scheduled interviews. He's really putting it all on hold and going back to do his job.

uh huh... I'd believe that if he'd been GIVING interviews up to this point but he hasn't. he's been avoiding the press like a hooker avoids the cops.

This is a political ploy and nothing more and if anyone believes otherwise they are dumber than GWB.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
John McCain

Last updated: 3:38 pm
September 24, 2008
Posted: 2:59 pm
September 24, 2008

Republican John McCain said today he is directing his staff to work with Democrat Barack Obama's campaign and the presidential debate commission to delay Friday's debate because of the economic crisis.

MCCAIN SUSPENDS CAMPAIGN TO FOCUS ON ECONOMIC CRISIS - New York Post

McCain said he has spoken to Obama about his plans and asked the Democratic presidential nominee to join him.

The Obama campaign said Obama had called McCain around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday to propose that they issue a joint statement in support of a package to help fix the economy as soon as possible. McCain called back six hours later and agreed to the idea of the statement, the Obama campaign said. McCain's statement was issued to the media a few minutes later.

"We must meet as Americans, not as Democrats or Republicans, and we must meet until this crisis is resolved," McCain said. "I am confident that before the markets open on Monday we can achieve consensus on legislation that will stabilize our financial markets, protect taxpayers and homeowners, and earn the confidence of the American people. All we must do to achieve this is temporarily set politics aside, and I am committed to doing so."

Forum List

Back