McCain Backs Away From Benghazi Conspiracies

Aug 7, 2012
McCain Backs Away From Benghazi Conspiracies

By Hamed Aleaziz on Nov 20, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) today issued a statement essentially conceding that he was wrong in accusing the White House of changing U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice’s talking points on Benghazi for political purposes.

...Of course, it’s possible that the officials did not know who changed the talking points when McCain and other lawmakers asked last week, and later made inquires into the matter.

But McCain, along with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Republicans, has lead a proverbial witch hunt against the Obama administration and Rice, claiming that the administration deliberately misled the public about the nature of the attacks... But now that every angle of McCain’s attacks have been completely debunked, all he has left is to complain about not being told that intelligence officials didn’t give him this information sooner..

Oops, never mind that we made fools of ourselves!.

I'd say he/they were/are wrong about a lot of other things too and making accusations without full information is totally ignorant (which is precisely why the intelligence community didn't want to say positively it was AlQaeda or anyone related to them so they wouldn't look like fools also and so they'd get it RIGHT.)

I'd say McCain and Graham have lost what little credibility they had left along with 97 House senators who signed the letter about Susan Rice.

yeah sure, we'll take some site called thinkprogesses word on it..

the site where no one has to do any thinking as they will DO IT for you be it made up or not..

take the title right off the bat..
It's not some damn conspiracy...we are trying to get the truth out of five different stories they have told us

Last edited:

the site where no one has to do any thinking as they will DO IT for you be it made up or not..

It's not some damn conspiracy...we are trying to get the truth out of five different stories they have told us
Yeah, but I bet if some no-teeth, RW, bastard whispers in your ear that Obama killed some babies you'd run with that as it if were gospel though.

188286_No-Teeth_jpgcc8ee792027dfe6dc43c67362135b50b

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah they don't want to talk about his unless they are posting articles blaming Republicans for cutting the budget on security..

I guess that was a Democrat conspiracy

now they want to move on

Yeah, but I bet if some no-teeth, RW, bastard whispers in your ear that Obama killed some babies you'd run with that as it if were gospel though.

188286_No-Teeth_jpgcc8ee792027dfe6dc43c67362135b50b

:rolleyes:

I surely would if it was told to me that you did that
and that red x sure looks purty

thinkprogess is not a credible site folks..

judge from the title alone, pure propaganda

Last edited:

Forum List

Back