McCain Ape Rape Joke Recalled By Sources

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan

Did you hear the one about the woman who is attacked on the street by a gorilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die? When she finally regains consciousness and tries to speak, her doctor leans over to hear her sigh contently and to feebly ask, “Where is that marvelous ape?”

McCain was swiftly criticized by women’s groups. A spokeswoman for NOW in Arizona said the organization’s members were “incensed by his cruel and sexist remark.” McCain said he did not “recall” telling the joke. More recently, the McCain campaign scheduled a fundraiser with a Texas oilman who compared rape to the weather while running for governor. “As long as it’s inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it,” said Clayton Williams in 1990. After public outcry, the event was “postponed.”

Did you hear the one about the woman who is attacked on the street by a gorilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die? When she finally regains consciousness and tries to speak, her doctor leans over to hear her sigh contently and to feebly ask, “Where is that marvelous ape?”

McCain was swiftly criticized by women’s groups. A spokeswoman for NOW in Arizona said the organization’s members were “incensed by his cruel and sexist remark.” McCain said he did not “recall” telling the joke. More recently, the McCain campaign scheduled a fundraiser with a Texas oilman who compared rape to the weather while running for governor. “As long as it’s inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it,” said Clayton Williams in 1990. After public outcry, the event was “postponed.”

so you're going with a tasteless joke McCain told in 1986 as a major reason to vote for Obama?

good luck with that, pal.

no wonder you guys can't win for losing

I think it was a joke....

I think the irony is how often McCain has made off color and crass comments towards women only to feign outrage over something Obama said which had nothing whatsoever with women and in fact is an expression McCain himself uses.

I think that is why people are dragging up the past....

showing McCain for the divisive hypocrite he is.

I think the irony is how often McCain has made off color and crass comments towards women only to feign outrage over something Obama said which had nothing whatsoever with women and in fact is an expression McCain himself uses.

What was he back then, around 60? A sixty year old man's views on rape jokes don't really change much in twenty years.

If it is one good thing you can say about liberal women: not even apes would rape them.

I mean, look at Randi Rhodes. That chick is so-o-o homely the sidewalk hit her trying to get her off it when she fell down drunk.

What was he back then, around 60? A sixty year old man's views on rape jokes don't really change much in twenty years.

nope....certainly can't excuse is as youthful ignorance that's for sure...

add in his jokes about Chelsea Clinton's appearance and you get a look at what a true piece of shit John McCain really is...

Divisive ? Do you get your material from Jillian ?
We have TWO politcal parties COMPETING. DO you really expect them all to be saying the same shit ?

Wow....the self-righteous indignation has reached all new heights on the board today.

My God, the man told an off-color joke 20 years ago! It obviously means he's a closet....what...closet rape supporter?!?!?! LOL?

Give me a break...how pathetic.

nope....certainly can't excuse is as youthful ignorance that's for sure...

add in his jokes about Chelsea Clinton's appearance and you get a look at what a true piece of shit John McCain really is...
Not to mention what he calls his wife in public.

Or how he assumes when the word pig is mentioned, people are talking about Palin.

Rape is funny!

(sarcasm alert)

Wow....the self-righteous indignation has reached all new heights on the board today.

My God, the man told an off-color joke 20 years ago! It obviously means he's a closet....what...closet rape supporter?!?!?! LOL?

Give me a break...how pathetic.

Desperation reigns supreme.

The crassness and sexism of the joke don't bother me at all. I encourage that. The fact that it's totally unfunny is what I find unforgivable.

Forum List

Back