McCain angers Catholics

I believe the polls also had Kerry winning the 2004 election too, but we all seen what happened right?

The polls had Obama winning New Hampshire, but Hillary won.....Wow look at that polls aren't everything huh?

Conservatives aren't staying home trust me, when they hear that Obama wants to spend 800 billion dollars in new governmental spending, they'll be out. What is Obama going to do in the South, when it gets out that his Pastor gave his highest Social award to a anti-white, anti-semetic. Louis Farrahkan stated that whites are potential humans through evolution. I can see him sweeping the south and not generating any excitement let me tell you.....LOL

Kerry *was* winning until he got swiftboated.

Polls are only a snapshot of current circumstances. But no, the religious right isn't going out to vote in droves because economics isn't their issue... "morality" is and McCain doesn't give them what they want on that level.

Obama is an ultra-leftist liberal.....Mccain is closer to the middle, hence why ultra-conservatives have problems with him. But with that being said far-right conservatives as well as moderate Republicans and Independents will vote for Mccain because he is closer on the issues than is Obama. I would say this somebody in the Obama camp has to duct tape his wife's mouth, she is sealing his doom.

Ultra-conservatives are extremists and thankfully, a minority.

Kerry *was* winning until he got swiftboated.

Polls are only a snapshot of current circumstances. But no, the religious right isn't going out to vote in droves because economics isn't their issue... "morality" is and McCain doesn't give them what they want on that level.

That was my point Jillian that we can't possibly say who is going to win by relying on polls. The whole religious right comment is a matter of opinion until we see what happens correct?

Bush actually lost both elections. Why is it not covered in the news?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4467655342219448521

This documentary is worth the time.

Yup and the left has set it up so if they lose YET again, they can claim McCain cheated them because he isn't a "natural" born citizen.

Losers resort to those tactics. Losers that can not accept they lost. Bush won in 2000 and he won in 2004. Any claim other wise is a straight up lie.

Yup and the left has set it up so if they lose YET again, they can claim McCain cheated them because he isn't a "natural" born citizen.

OMG, thats why the left is clamoring for a bill to make it absolutely clear that McCain is a natural born citizen. Thats such a set up...oh wait, but you want to oppose that bill for reasons passing understanding.

OMG, thats why the left is clamoring for a bill to make it absolutely clear that McCain is a natural born citizen. Thats such a set up...oh wait, but you want to oppose that bill for reasons passing understanding.

A bill is not required, and if one IS to be made it should state the obvious, ANYONE born of an American Citizen , no matter WHERE , is a Natural Born Citizen.

A bill is not required, and if one IS to be made it should state the obvious, ANYONE born of an American Citizen , no matter WHERE , is a Natural Born Citizen.

Wait, no apology for a false accusation? What a surprise.

I made no false accusation. But do go on and on about it as if I had. Mr Mensa redefining words and meanings for us.

Yup and the left has set it up so if they lose YET again, they can claim McCain cheated them because he isn't a "natural" born citizen

Thanks, son.

Pray tell, what words am I looking to redefine?

Many Catholic minds will find it very difficult to get over the Abortion issue. Luckily, this stalemate, divisive issue has not come to the forefront yet.

Should the issue come to the fore, then RC's are likely to flock towards McCain, as I would imagine he would be the only one out of 'McCain/OBama/Clinton' group that would take a stance favorable to the 100% pro-life-ers.

Many Catholic minds will find it very difficult to get over the Abortion issue. Luckily, this stalemate, divisive issue has not come to the forefront yet.

Should the issue come to the fore, then RC's are likely to flock towards McCain, as I would imagine he would be the only one out of 'McCain/OBama/Clinton' group that would take a stance favorable to the 100% pro-life-ers.

You think they'll allow themselves to be used again?

No. They won't... not in the numbers that the Dems will come out to vote for whichever dem gets the nominee.

So you hope.:eusa_whistle:

I understand politics just fine, and I know how slimey the repubs will be with their "Hussein" trash... I am also under no illusions as to how effective that type of slime will be.

Really now ... it's been about as effective so far as "Bush lied ... blah, blah, blah." The Republicans that engage is such antics are no more nor less slimey than the Democrats who do the same thing.

But, I think it was something like two dems voting for every repub in the primaries, though I'm not totally sure. And look at the money being raised by Dems. Hillary can't keep up with Obama with her 35 million dollars this month and even that was a record.

Which means what? Conservatives were at work? Most independents and/or conservatives who are not Republicans don't vote in the primaries.

Matters little to me anyway. I liken this election to having to choose one of the Three Stooges.

You think they'll allow themselves to be used again?

As a Catholic, and seeing this mentality on a weekly basis, its not so much as allowing themselves to be used, as it is their desire to make that issue their deciding issue. The fact of the matter is that the republican party should not be focusing on such divisive politics, and instead offer an ideological path forward for the united states.

For the record, I am a registered Republican, and a practicing catholic.

Forum List

Back