Mccain: American's Won't Pick Lettuce for $50/hr

From the video statement I saw McCain seems to be doing the hiring. I didn't know he had a lettuce farm.

He should post an ad on one of those $100,000+/year job listing sites ...

$4.99 million/year isn't rich and lettuce pickers earn $50/hour ...

Oh yeah ... he's in touch ...

Out of touch ? He's right. WTF are you talknig about. Americans have become as lazy as Europeans. We farm out all the hard work to immigrants who don't mind working hard. What is Obama's stance on illegal immigration ?

We don't farm out jobs, the corporations do! Average Americans are lucky to have a job in this economy.:eusa_whistle:

That is right "Arizona", and I also disagree, I know hundreds of people just looking for a job scrubbing toilets for $9.00/hr. I know Air Conditioning guys who work in hotter places such as Bullhead City/Lake Havasu who work in attics making 12-15/hr, in 130-150 degree attics. So that still doesn't let him off the hook for saying illegals should be allowed to work in the US without legal status. As long as he personally benefits from it, this will continue.:eusa_shhh: In Arizona the republicans (or I should say, the true conservatives) have their panties in a twist over illegal immigration. This is one of those issues that I rarely agree with them on. Companies who knowingly hire illegals should be held accountable for hiring illegal aliens. If the CEO sees the threat of federal prison, then the company is less likely to engage in this activity. And If there are no jobs, there are no border crossings. Janet Napalatano, signed a bill that makes it illegal for companies to knowingly hire illegals. That is total bullshit, to say Americans don't want to do certain jobs. I know a lot of people willing to pick lettuce in a field in Yuma!

Your original post .....
John McCain defends illegal immigration. Video: McCain “Americans Won’t Pick Lettuce for $50/hr” Sensico Way to go John, you really show your true strips as an out of touch elitist asshole!:eusa_whistle:

... is what you said. And I still agree with several others .... if Americans are hungry enough, and if they would do work below their over inflated ego's (if need be) .. it would solve a lot of the problems, for the lettuce grower, and the worker. Working for $9.00 an hour ... (flipping burgers, cleaning toilets, or whatever) ... is still better than not working at all, and blaming it on "Way to go John, you really show your true strips as an out of touch elitist asshole!".

Out of touch ? He's right. WTF are you talknig about. Americans have become as lazy as Europeans. We farm out all the hard work to immigrants who don't mind working hard. What is Obama's stance on illegal immigration ?

Tell it to my son and his friends harvesting blueberries as they work their way through college.

They might be included to disagree.

FWIW, they're making $2.50 a bucket and if they're lucky enough to get a good rick, they might make $15.00 an hour.

If course if they get assigned a crappy rick, they might make less than half that, it all depends on the field.

John, McCain is a blithering asshole if he actually made that statement. (the vid isn't working for me).

Tell it to my son and his friends harvesting blueberries as they work their way through college.

They might be included to disagree.

FWIW, they're making $2.50 a bucket and if they're lucky enough to get a good rick, they might make $15.00 an hour.

If course if they get assigned a crappy rick, they might make less than half that, it all depends on the field.

John, McCain is a blithering asshole if he actually made that statement. (the vid isn't working for me).

Your son is one of the few left and I seriously doubt he intends to continue in the manual labor field after he gets his degree.

John McCain defends illegal immigration. Video: McCain “Americans Won’t Pick Lettuce for $50/hr” Sensico Way to go John, you really show your true strips as an out of touch elitist asshole!:eusa_whistle:

Ok, so let's do this. Let's tighten the border and throw any illegal out that is working in landscaping, restaurants, housekeeping, trucking, factory work, laying carpet, construction, etc. But have a clear/open trail from mexico to the US that leads directly to our orchards and they can come in to do JUST THAT work, and no other work.

Because illegals are taking jobs American's will do. Working in a meat processing plant like Tyson Chicken is not a job American's won't do.

I think it is more that the business owners want the cheapest labor possible so they can maximize profits.

Too bad. Sorry. You gotta pay your employees well.

And FYI, I can't wait until American VP's and Directors that make $1 million a year start getting replaced by India and Chinese counterparts that only need $500K a year.

Not gonna happen? You are forgetting that India & China now own those companies. Yes they will replace white executives because they too want to maximize profits. Then we'll all be in the same boat, dummies.

Ok, so let's do this. Let's tighten the border and throw any illegal out that is working in landscaping, restaurants, housekeeping, trucking, factory work, laying carpet, construction, etc. But have a clear/open trail from mexico to the US that leads directly to our orchards and they can come in to do JUST THAT work, and no other work.

Because illegals are taking jobs American's will do. Working in a meat processing plant like Tyson Chicken is not a job American's won't do.

I think it is more that the business owners want the cheapest labor possible so they can maximize profits.

Too bad. Sorry. You gotta pay your employees well.

And FYI, I can't wait until American VP's and Directors that make $1 million a year start getting replaced by India and Chinese counterparts that only need $500K a year.

Not gonna happen? You are forgetting that India & China now own those companies. Yes they will replace white executives because they too want to maximize profits. Then we'll all be in the same boat, dummies.

Business owners hell---illegals come to a town and hire themselves out to do what they can make money at. Common Americans turn a blind eye and pay for their labor because it's cheaper. In Austin you can find an illegal to do nearly every kind of job that involves manual labor that you can think of.

Let's tighten the border and throw any illegal out that is working in landscaping, restaurants, housekeeping, trucking, factory work, laying carpet, construction, etc

Agreed--If "middle class" America would like to jump in and take up the slack they are free to do so. But look out--they may have to actually do physical labor.

Business owners hell---illegals come to a town and hire themselves out to do what they can make money at. Common Americans turn a blind eye and pay for their labor because it's cheaper. In Austin you can find an illegal to do nearly every kind of job that involves manual labor that you can think of.

Agreed--If "middle class" America would like to jump in and take up the slack they are free to do so. But look out--they may have to actually do physical labor.

It's not an illegal immigrant problem as much as it is an illegal employer problem. The illegals would leave tomorrow if there weren't companies willing to hire them. I say fine the shit out of any employer who hires an illegal.

And if I or you suspect an illegal, we should have a number that we can call to turn them in. Or if one hits my car, the cops should arrest and turn them over to INS. But they don't. It's not their job.

American's aren't as lazy as you think. It turns out, we are pretty productive. That's more a lie that American companies put out there so they could hire cheaper labor. Those companies need to pay us a decent wage. When the economy is bad, they don't have to pay as much, but when the economy is good and it is hard to find good workers, they need to pay a little more.

Will that get passed on to the consumers? Sure. But the alternative of hiring cheap illegal labor is unacceptable and hurting us more than the increased cost of goods/services. Fuck it. Yes, I'll pay more for my lawn service. Hiring Illegals is killing the middle class. And they won't stop at just landscaping. I don't want to wait until it is my job that is affected.

One guy I argue with on these boards is a fucking truck driver and defends illegals. Last year NAFTA tried to sneak in Mexican truck drivers. He still doesn't get it. He doesn't think it will happen to him. He's next!!! I don't want to say any names, charles. LOL.

Your son is one of the few left and I seriously doubt he intends to continue in the manual labor field after he gets his degree.

What does THAT have to do with anything?

Plenty of Americas work their asses off. PLENTY OF THEM.. and for a lot less than $50 an hour.

I am so sick and tired of the right wingers bashing the American workers, and anyone else that gets in the way of their lying bullshit, too.

What the fuck do most of these pampered lying sacks of human excrement, most who have never worked in the private sector really know about what it's like to be a working American, anyway?

If McCain made such a boneheadedly ignorant statement as that, I invite him to try making an honest living for a change, instead of sucking off the goverment like he's been doing his entire life.

What does THAT have to do with anything?

Plenty of Americas work their asses off. PLENTY OF THEM.. and for a lot less than $50 an hour.

I am so sick and tired of the right wingers bashing the American workers, and anyone else that gets in the way of their lying bullshit, too.

What the fuck do most of these pampered lying sacks of human excrement, most who have never worked in the private sector really know about what it's like to be a working American, anyway?

If McCain made such a boneheadedly ignorant statement as that, I invite him to try making an honest living for a change, instead of sucking off the goverment like he's been doing his entire life.

You mean like Obama has ?

You mean like Obama has ?

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

How long has Obama been getting a goverment paycheck?

Compare that to McCain.

And remember, that O doesn't claim to be somebody who hates goverment like McCain does.

You idiotic Republican loyals are confused as hell, you know?

You really think the people you support are going to make government smaller when the vast majority of people you vote for made most of their their money sucking off your taxes.

the McCain family has been part of the government's military caste for THREE GENERATIONS!

Talk about intergenerational welfare families!

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

How long has Obama been getting a goverment paycheck?

Compare that to McCain.

And remember, that O doesn't claim to be somebody who hates goverment like McCain does.

You idiotic Republican loyals are confused as hell, you know?

You really think the people you support are going to make government smaller when the vast majority of people you vote for made most of their their money sucking off your taxes.

the McCain family has been part of the government's military caste for THREE GENERATIONS!

Talk about intergenerational welfare families!

I am no more a republican loyal than McCain is black. Where has Obama worked that wasn't someone involved in government ?

it's lovely up here, picking blueberries is a good job, not too hot out...

his child may not continue to do it, but i can guarantee you that his kids or even other adult Mainers will do the job happily...outside of our 3 main cities/towns, manual labor, is what most of the state KNOWS, and does...for their livings....

you're too citified!!!! lol

near every man here has rough, manual labor, hands and bodies...even if they teach or work in a hospital during the day, in the afternoon they are clearing trees to cut in to their firewood.....like i am living in the 1800's...it's lovely, refreshing, but hard lifestyle that i have grown to admire about mainers.

care

Whenever I heard this nonsense that Americans won't work these jobs I know I am in BS land. The problem here isn't the work; it is the infrastructure that supports it. In order to do these jobs one has to be able to get there. Many immigrants are loners, they do not have family, they do not even go to a single location for very long. What American can leave his/her family and friends to travel to a desolate farm in CA or NJ. Even our youth cannot easily do this and I would prefer they get an education. And there is no effort by American companies to move people about because that too will cause added costs. How to solve is harder, the day someone can show me an America who won't work for 50$ a day is the day they show me a republican elitist.

The Conservative Nanny State

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

it's lovely up here, picking blueberries is a good job, not too hot out...

his child may not continue to do it, but i can guarantee you that his kids or even other adult Mainers will do the job happily...outside of our 3 main cities/towns, manual labor, is what most of the state KNOWS, and does...for their livings....

you're too citified!!!! lol

near every man here has rough, manual labor, hands and bodies...even if they teach or work in a hospital during the day, in the afternoon they are clearing trees to cut in to their firewood.....like i am living in the 1800's...it's lovely, refreshing, but hard lifestyle that i have grown to admire about mainers.

care

Well pick blueberries for God sakes. Just don't try to tell me that America isn't in the process of outsourcing manual labor to illegals.

Forum List

Back