Mccain: American's Won't Pick Lettuce for $50/hr

John McCain defends illegal immigration. Video: McCain “Americans Won’t Pick Lettuce for $50/hr” Sensico Way to go John, you really show your true strips as an out of touch elitist asshole!:eusa_whistle:

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this one, and I am against "illegal immigration"!!! But ... he is right. American's won't pick lettuce for the wages they pay in the fields. I live in the Central Valley of California. Probably 97% of the farmers have gone to automated picking machines, like this lettuce picker ... (Salinas Valley, CA)
robot.jpg

Hmmmn. I wonder why the machines are taking the place of people to work in the fields. Go figure. :cuckoo: It used to be if you had a family, and could not find work anyplace you could always to pick fruit and vegetables. Not anymore. It is below most American's to do so. :doubt:

Someone whose name is "greenpartyaz" - which I assume means Green Party Arizona? .... should know that.

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this one, and I am against "illegal immigration"!!! But ... he is right. American's won't pick lettuce for the wages they pay in the fields. I live in the Central Valley of California. Probably 97% of the farmers have gone to automated picking machines, like this lettuce picker ... (Salinas Valley, CA)
robot.jpg

Hmmmn. I wonder why the machines are taking the place of people to work in the fields. Go figure. :cuckoo: It used to be if you had a family, and could not find work anyplace you could always to pick fruit and vegetables. Not anymore. It is below most American's to do so. :doubt:

Someone whose name is "greenpartyaz" - which I assume means Green Party Arizona? .... should know that.

Below ? Try Americans don't want to do manual labor. They have been trained that the never will have to. They are just physically lazy.

Out of touch ? He's right. WTF are you talknig about. Americans have become as lazy as Europeans. We farm out all the hard work to immigrants who don't mind working hard. What is Obama's stance on illegal immigration ?

I hope his stance isn't as wide as Larry Craig's!

:oops: My bad. When you said ....

.... I jumped the gun - comparing McCain supporters with Obama supporters.

My sincere, and humble apologies to you, Miss Ravi. :redface:

You better copy and print this apology then frame it! :lol:
It's on my bathroom mirror as we speak. :lol:

robot.jpg

That is right "Arizona", and I also disagree, I know hundreds of people just looking for a job scrubbing toilets for $9.00/hr. I know Air Conditioning guys who work in hotter places such as Bullhead City/Lake Havasu who work in attics making 12-15/hr, in 130-150 degree attics. So that still doesn't let him off the hook for saying illegals should be allowed to work in the US without legal status. As long as he personally benefits from it, this will continue.:eusa_shhh: In Arizona the republicans (or I should say, the true conservatives) have their panties in a twist over illegal immigration. This is one of those issues that I rarely agree with them on. Companies who knowingly hire illegals should be held accountable for hiring illegal aliens. If the CEO sees the threat of federal prison, then the company is less likely to engage in this activity. And If there are no jobs, there are no border crossings. Janet Napalatano, signed a bill that makes it illegal for companies to knowingly hire illegals. That is total bullshit, to say Americans don't want to do certain jobs. I know a lot of people willing to pick lettuce in a field in Yuma!

Last edited:
That is right "Arizona", and I also disagree, I know hundreds of people just looking for a job scrubbing toilets for $9.00/hr. I know Air Conditioning guys who work in hotter places such as Bullhead City/Lake Havasu who work in attics making 12-15/hr, in 130-150 degree attics. So that still doesn't let him off the hook for saying illegals should be allowed to work in the US without legal status. As long as he personally benefits from it, this will continue.:eusa_shhh: In Arizona the republicans (or I should say, the true conservatives) have their panties in a twist over illegal immigration. This is one of those issues that I rarely agree with them on. Companies who knowingly hire illegals should be held accountable for hiring illegal aliens. If the CEO sees the threat of federal prison, then the company is less likely to engage in this activity. And If there are no jobs, there are no border crossings. Janet Napalatano, signed a bill that makes it illegal for companies to knowingly hire illegals. That is total bullshit, to say Americans don't want to do certain jobs. I know a lot of people willing to pick lettuce in a field in Yuma!

And Obama ? Is he planning on sending them all home and building a wall ? Not a chance.

Way to go John, you really show your true strips as an out of touch

I agree, he seems to out of touch with what prevailing wages in Yuma, Arizona are for this type of work and why they can't find help.

The shortage of farm workers has been driving wages higher. Last season, base pay for day laborers working in this area was $6.50 an hour. Now it's $8.50. Rademacher says it may go higher because farmers here can't attract enough employees.
Along US-Mexico border, not enough hands for the harvest | csmonitor.com

It seems picking lettuce for $8.50 an hour is the real problem.

Forum List

Back