McCain Admits Tensions with Palin

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
McCain Admits Campaign Tensions Between Palin, Aides | 44 | washingtonpost.com

By Garance Franke-Ruta
Former presidential candidate John McCain (R-Ariz.) acknowledged on CNN's State of the Union Sunday that tensions flared during his campaign between senior strategist Steve Schmidt and those allied with his running mate, then-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

"With a high-pressure situation, there's always tensions that develop within campaigns," McCain said in a video excerpt posted online. "And there were clearly tensions between Steve Schmidt and people in the Palin camp."

Schmidt has recently become a vocal public critic of Palin, predicting that a presidential run by her in 2012 would prove "catastrophic" for the Republican Party. McCain did not criticize Palin and called her an overall asset to his campaign for whom he still has affection.

"There are fundamental facts ... that cannot be denied," McCain said. "When we selected or asked Sarah Palin to be my running mate, it energized our party. We were ahead in the polls, until the stock market crashed. And she still is a formidable force in the Republican Party."

"And I have great affection for her," he continued. "Did we always agree on everything in the past? Will we in the future? No."

Both gave the election to Obama.

mccainpalinannanicole.jpg

Obvious sexual tension is obvious:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qUVQDmLf7s]YouTube - McCain's Brain #1: Checking Out Sarah Palin[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVTN5o9Kgu8]YouTube - Sexual Healing[/ame]

:lol:

I've noticed this on the ground as well. There seems to be Palin Republicans and McCain republicans and both are split idealogicaly because you don't know of how many arguments I got into republicans defending Palin.

Republicans around here seem to not support her for national office though they like some of her beliefs and love her campaign style.

Palin wanted to run on a Conservative Platform and McCain was more comfortable as Obama-Lite.

Juan McCain: Thank you for your service. Go Fuck Yourself.

"She was very kind and I didn't have any deep or interesting conversations with her." ---John Keatley, the photographer hired to take the cover photo for Sarah Palin's book, Link

is Katy Couric the only person who has had a deep conversation with Sarah?

Forum List

Back