McCain “A Virus that must be contained.”

Anyone want to guess what the used-to-be John McCain's position was?

Okay, times up!

This is from a 2008 article about the candidates.

Sen. McCain (R-AZ) believes in the importance of democratic development in the Middle East. “The promotion of democracy and freedom is simply inseparable from the long-term security of the United States,” he said in 2005. At a speech before the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, McCain expressed support for democracy promotion in the Middle East saying: “If the alternative to our democracy promotion efforts is a return to the days in which we simply supported pro-American dictators throughout the Middle East, I say this cost is too high. We have learned the dangers in such approach, and the lessons have been painful.”

The Candidates on Democracy Promotion in the Arab World - Council on Foreign Relations

Hee hee hee haw haw!

There are two problems with your analysis:

1 McCain is not a conservative, let alone a leading one.

2. There is no evidence that this uprising is "democratic" and it's quite more likely that there will be an even more oppressive regime put in place.
Ok, he's not a leading conservative. He just thinks he is. I didn't say this was a democratic uprising, not sure what a democratic uprising is. I said it was an uprising of the people seeking freedom and to overthrow a dictator. The demonstrators have certainly made that clear.

Seeking freedom? Or power to oppress the people with their ideas?

See, that's the problem. you don't have evidence they are looking for freedom. Overthrowing a dictator doesnt mean they become free. It could simply mean they get enslaved to a more ruthless dictator.

So that whole overthrowing the dictator Saddam and 'liberating' the Iraqi people was a terrible idea?

Yes, we've been trying to explain that to you idiots for many many years.

Typical Bush type Neocon that the Tea Party types voted for.

WTF... McCain lacked almost any support during the elections, McCain is one of the reasons the TPM is even here. However yes, McCain and Bush are pretty equal... I almost said McCain/Bush/Obama but then I'd be hijacking the thread.

McCain has become a virus in the Republican party that should be contained.

I was sorry to see he was reelected

McCain is one of the few politicians that makes me feel as if believes he deserves to be president or that it is his turn to be president. That fat bastard would tell a room full of nazi skin heads anything if he thought it could win him votes...

McCain has become a virus in the Republican party that should be contained.

I was sorry to see he was reelected

McCain is one of the few politicians that makes me feel as if believes he deserves to be president or that it is his turn to be president. That fat bastard would tell a room full of nazi skin heads anything if he thought it could win him votes...

I'm sorry to say I agree. Why sorry? Because I believe he once did have his marbles, but lost them and now is what you see.

one thing is for sure....uscitizen, who claims to be of neither party....

always bashes pubs and is by and large silent when it comes to the same criticism of his beloved dems

that said....why does anyone care what mccain says? i don't. pretty sure most people don't.

Forum List

Back