McCain: A question of temperament

I checked out every link and I don't see any first hand reports of this horrible temper everyone is freaking out about. I see veiled and mysterious references to it, people who refuse to discuss it, and one incident from 1992 where he and another guy pushed each other over something about Viet Nam.

I'd say the way he handled himself as a POW speaks for itself. If he was going to crack up, that would have been when it happened. If PTSD was an issue, you would have seen it already.

I like the fact that he is a formiddable foe.

I swear, you guys want some lick boot pansy to lead the US?

Ditto. It is no secret to anybody that John McCain has a temper and that it is visible in heated exchanges with colleagues. But I didn't find anything to even suggest support for the vulgar and unacceptable language posted earlier by rayboy and others. I'm simply not buying that anymore than I am buying similar vulgar language attributed to Hillary Clinton and I would hope that responsible members would not perpetuate it.

Again can you find a single credible source--one that is NOT an anti-Bush, anti-Republican, anti-McCain, anti-conservative blog--to support your allegations against McCain?

You do understand that somebody manufactures this stuff and then it is picked up and used irresponsibly and/or maliciously by others hoping that made up mud will stick?

Do you honestly believe that if these allegations were true, you wouldn't have seen them in the mainstream media somewhere?

Why it gets repeated on political message boards as well.:eusa_whistle:

Never inferred McCain was "nutty" either. Are you disagreeing that almost 6 years of torture would negatively affect one's psychological state, though?

Negative affects on psychological state are not synonymous with being "nutty".

Quit putting words in my mouth.

I guess you presume that such negative effects are permanent.

Because that's what was said, right? That no former POW should be president... Couldn't be McCain's temperment which might be a problem? And certainly, no questions should ever be asked.... no matter what the indications that they should.

Since when does the military let in felons, btw?

Why then are all these incidents 15 years or older, I mean if he is unstable due to torture then wouldn't he remain unstable?? MCcain fought passionately for his issues, not exactly unstable.

Why then are all these incidents 15 years or older, I mean if he is unstable due to torture then wouldn't he remain unstable?? MCcain fought passionately for his issues, not exactly unstable.

Isn't it interesting that Obama can trip all over himself to avoid stating up front and proud that he loves his country and who spent more than 20 years in a close relationship with a pastor who damns it, but some here don't want to question whether he has been affected by that or might be a bit unstable or why he has never questioned some of the conspiracy theories involved in that; i.e. the USA invented AIDS to destroy black people.

Hillary spent most of her adult life in a relationship with somebody who appears to be a dedicated liar for expediency and/or opportunity--Hillary has been caught herself manufacturing a major whopper or two--and who cheated on her with a succession of women not withstanding some quite illegal circumstances alleged in all that, but nobody is questioning her temperament or mental ability to hold the highest office in the land.

But some here would say that because McCain gets into heated discussions with colleagues over issues that will become the law of the land and will affect all of us, that we should question his tempermental stability to lead this country?

More to the point, Obama and Hillary can discuss their blunders without getting emotional. McCain can't. He loses it.

I have some definite issues re John McCain who is often not a team player, but who is not afraid to speak his point of view on just about anything whether or not his view is the politically expedient one. I have seen no indication that he is either psychologically damaged nor have I seen him lose his cool in public. I do not interpret a visible 'flash of anger' as a character defect.

Forum List

Back