Mayweather-Marquez

Boxing had another mini Golden Age a few years ago but nobody knew it because the sport has lost a lot of it's following.

If Floyd wins tonight you will get your wish.

Which is why I'm not sure whether I do want to see him lose. Part of me does, part of me doesn't.

Should be interesting speaking of which to your first comments tonight. UFC 103 vs Boxing.

I'm definitely interested in seeing the PPV buy comparison.

Round 1: Mayweather (10-9)

Round 2: Mayweather (10-8)

Marquez went down in the 2nd.

Now lets see how Round 3 goes.

Marquez looks horrible in the 3rd round.

3 rounds to 0 for Mayweather right now as enter the 4th.

Edit: Marquez continues to take a beating really. His offense seems to be doing nothing to Mayweather. In fact, Mayweather smiled at one point.

Another 10-9 for Mayweather. Oh, and Marquez is cut I believe.

Last edited:
Well the first six rounds go to Mayweather. Short of a knockdown, no way Marquez walks away the winner.

Mayweather took the 5th Round 10-9.

The 6th round was Mayweather just taking Marquez to school really. Nailing Marquez with shots while goading him on. Marquez's face looks like a mess through 6. 6-0 Mayweather.

Round 7 is a toss-up, however this is the most telling stat so far for this fight:

Mayweather has landed 167 punches, Marquez 40.

Round 8: Mayweather going forward now, and another round for him.

According to what I just read:

Mayweather is landing at 56% compared to marquez's 18%.

Last edited:
As this fight enters the last round, I'm glad about something.

I'm glad I didn't buy this fight or even bother to watch it online. It's entirely one sided and Marquez is looking bad.

And Pretty Boy Floyd wins easily.

118-111, 119-108 and 120-07 for Floyd.

I'll give Marquez credit for staying in until the very end. However, these are the type of fights that might give him trouble later on in life.

Forum List

Back