Mayweather-Marquez

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Tonight's the night!

"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather fights for the first time in almost two years, taking on a big risk by fighting the world class (and extremely dangerous) Juan Manuel Marquez in his return bout.

Who's going to win and how?

I hear Vegas has Floyd a 4-1 favorite.

If I were crazy enough to bet on sports I'd say putting some money on Marquez at those odds would be a pretty good bet.

Put a couple bucks on it. Can't hurt.

Just what you'd be willing to potentially lose.

I'll put $50 on a football game every now and then just to make the game even more fun to watch.

I'll put $50 on a football game every now and then just to make the game even more fun to watch.

I don't have a bookie :(

I don't have a bookie :(

Can't you do it online?

I used to have a guy, but he's in jail now :lol:

Online is an option I suppose.

A roomate of mine back when I was still a pipliner at Keesler had a guy too. He'd call this crazy international number and have to give 2 different passwords then place his bets. THAT dude had some serious gambling issues.

That's crazy. My guy was just a buddy of mine that ran a small book among friends.

Incidentally, he's not in jail for the bookmaking though. More like meth making :lol:

So who collected if your friend lost?

I'd rather see Mayweather lose, but he'll probably win. Like most boxers these days, he only chooses opponents that he knows he can beat. Though it's more about the paycheck than fighting now too.

That's crazy. My guy was just a buddy of mine that ran a small book among friends.

Incidentally, he's not in jail for the bookmaking though. More like meth making :lol:

So who collected if your friend lost?

I got no idea. I believe the way it worked was he had an open account with them so they had his money already they just had to put it in play.

I'd rather see Mayweather lose, but he'll probably win. Like most boxers these days, he only chooses opponents that he knows he can beat. Though it's more about the paycheck than fighting now too.

Uh ...

Marquez is a world class fighter and is more than capable of winning this fight.

Say what you will about Floyd but he has ducked NOBODY in his career.

If he wins this fight the next guy on the list is Pacman.

Uh ...

Marquez is a world class fighter and is more than capable of winning this fight.

Sure Mayweather has ducked nobody but I was more referring to the competition in Boxing today.

I'd much rather see a Pacman/Floyd fight, that I'd pay to see. :lol:

Uh ...

Sure Mayweather has ducked nobody but I was more referring to the competition in Boxing today.

I'd much rather see a Pacman/Floyd fight, that I'd pay to see. :lol:

Boxing had another mini Golden Age a few years ago but nobody knew it because the sport has lost a lot of it's following.

If Floyd wins tonight you will get your wish.

Boxing had another mini Golden Age a few years ago but nobody knew it because the sport has lost a lot of it's following.

If Floyd wins tonight you will get your wish.

Which is why I'm not sure whether I do want to see him lose. Part of me does, part of me doesn't.

Should be interesting speaking of which to your first comments tonight. UFC 103 vs Boxing.

Forum List

Back