Mayor urges military, use "comfort women"

Spent 6 months runnin the streets of Olongopo City in 85. A Navy guy could change $20 to pesos. Drink all nite, pay a bar fine, which included the room. And have change left over. Which was offered to the girl.

Not from personal experience did I learn this. But from talk in the barracks
Sin city ..........lol
Olongopo......Subic City......Bario Bareta if my memory serves me correctly.........San Maguel Beer.........and so on.
God I love the PI.

Hell...........anyone remember Catch a Wave and ride it.............lol
No I lived inland..
Women in the Navy were called Waves back then. Lol
Well that was before my time, when I was in coed service was just starting, my first wife being in the first basic class a week after I started...
They only served on non combat ships...........tenders and such...........

Hell...........anyone remember Catch a Wave and ride it.............lol
No I lived inland..
Women in the Navy were called Waves back then. Lol
Well that was before my time, when I was in coed service was just starting, my first wife being in the first basic class a week after I started...
They only served on non combat ships...........tenders and such...........
Yeah...Hey a chick is a chick no matter what duty she's pulling..

"I told him there are places that operate within the boundaries of the law which can be used for releasing sexual frustration, so they [the U.S. military] should fully utilize it or the marines won't be able to control their aggressive sexual desires."

Japanese politician calls wartime sex slaves 'necessary' - CNN.com

So the mayor of Osaka apparently said this to a US military commander, who decline his offer. Of course, this sparked huge backlash and the major has since apologized.

He also made comments to the effect of WWII prostitution being necessary, even though a large portion of that was an issue of sex slaves.

Thoughts?
Imperial Japan was very militaristic and did not have a code of human rights.

Says it all.

In order to adequately judge imperial militaristic Japan you must consider the fate of its generals and admirals -- most committed suicide.

So it was not a very good system.

Anything that ends up with suicide is not a good idea, philosophically speaking.
According to . . . you?

Forum List

Back