Mayor Sam Adams Tells WW He Lied About Not Having Sex

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Willamette Week | “BREAKING: Adams' Admission” | January 14th, 2009

BREAKING: Adams' Admission
Mayor Sam Adams Tells WW He Lied About Not Having Sex With Beau Breedlove.

[WWEEK.COM BREAKING NEWS - Published Jan. 19, 2009]

Newly elected Mayor Sam Adams admitted this afternoon that contrary to his earlier denials, he had a sexual relationship in 2005 with Beau Breedlove.

Adams made his comments to WW on Monday at 4 pm as it was preparing to publish a story updating a story from September 2007 about Adams and Breedlove, a legislative intern whom Adams met in 2005 when Breedlove was 17.

In that original story, both insisted their relationship was platonic in 2005. But today, Adams said in a telephone interview from Washington DC that the original story was untrue. He said they had sex after Breedlove turned 18 in June 2005.

"I want to publicly acknowledge I made a mistake and apologize for it," said Adams, who is in DC for the presidential inauguration tomorrow of Barack Obama. "In the past, I've characterized my relationship with Beau Breedlove as purely non-sexual and that is not true."

More...

This is the major talk of the Portland Metro. It's bumped Obama off the front page of the Oregonian today. Granted they are putting out a special edition this afternoon.

The push to remove him grows. They are not so much pissed about the relationship but more the fact that he out and out lied. Honestly the anger isn't over the sex. It's over the lie about the sex.

Forum List

Back