Mayor of London warns George W. Bush about visiting UK

You're kidding.

Man..try going to an English pub in the English countryside..and saying that.

Should be fun.:eusa_whistle:

Nah. We'd just laugh at him. After all, what would he know about a subject he can't even spell properly.

In general, the populations of both countries think they know more about the other than they really do.

The Brits will never understand our Constitution and we will never understand your love of the Nanny State. Both criticize the other, without actually understanding what it is they are criticizing.

The title of this thread is, "Mayor of London warns George W. Bush about visiting UK".

The mayor of London may be crazy, but that is beside the point.

OTTAWA (AFP) — Three Canadians were arrested and others threw shoes in protest against George W. Bush on Tuesday when he gave his first post-presidential speech in western Canada's oil patch.

AFP: Canadians throw shoes to protest Bush

I suspect Bush won't be leaving the country anytime soon.

In an interview in The Times of London, Bush said the tactic forced the alleged 9/11 mastermind to provide information that prevented attacks in London's Heathrow Airport and Canary Wharf business district. Prime Minister David Cameron's office subsequently restated the British government's belief that waterboarding is illegal. Kim Howells, a former lawmaker who chaired the House of Commons' intelligence and security committee, expressed doubts about Bush's claim.

As in the book, Bush also recounted to Winfrey the mistakes of his presidency, saying he still feels "sick" about the fact no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. His response to Hurricane Katrina could have been quicker, he said, and he acknowledged he didn't see the financial meltdown coming.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/09/AR2010110902415.html

In England, when you "express doubts", you are calling someone a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, the "mayor" of London is warning President Bush.

what a laugh riot. :lol:

Well, they did arrest Pinochet in London for war crimes. Bush has been warned.
I think Georgie is too smart to risk leaving the protection of the American dimwits. But it would suit me just fine if he crossed the pond and the Brits arrested him and turned him over to the Hague.

Bush deserves to be hanged.
91227yourfitzmastreeis2ii1.jpg

You're kidding.

Man..try going to an English pub in the English countryside..and saying that.

Should be fun.:eusa_whistle:

No, I'm not kidding. Not when it comes to government. You don't get any real choices no matter who the party behind the candidate is. Just less of the same or more of the same.

The systems they have in place there are weeds they will never get rid of.

England has a mixed economic system..very much like our own. But in terms of politicians they have some really really conservative fruit loops types. But what everyone seems to like and agree for the most part..are the services provided by their government.

With the exception of the food (which I can't stand), England has one of the highest standards of living in the world.

The standard of living for the types of government you seem to advocate for would be places like Thailand, Peru, Guatemala, Pakistan, Haiti, etc...where rich elites basically run the roost and the government is only there to provide a military/police presence and not much else..pretty much sucks.

But if that's your cup of tea..have at it.

The reason this country has thrived..or any modern industrial nation for that matter..is due to liberal policies.
It is liberal policies that got us into this mess. Thanks to dodd, frank, clinton, obama, and the rest of the dimwits.

Forum List

Back