Mayor Khan romping to victory as he unveils another progressive policy

At some point even here it is going to pay to be declared disabled for comforts, being first in equality and getting free stuff.

Sadiq Khan pledges free London travel for disabled people's carers

Khan described the battle for London as a two-horse race against Bailey. YouGov/Queen Mary University London polling this autumn put Khan on 45%, Bailey on 23% and the independent candidate Rory Stewart – a former Tory secretary of state – on 13%.

Carers should not have to pay for just doing their job. Tories hate that idea.

Why should other people have to pay for doing their job?
They are, in the main, public servants.

So are teachers, rescue people, law enforcement, court janitors, etc. Of course, this just means you get to ride for free if you bring your Seeing-Eye-Granny with you.

Khan described the battle for London as a two-horse race against Bailey. YouGov/Queen Mary University London polling this autumn put Khan on 45%, Bailey on 23% and the independent candidate Rory Stewart – a former Tory secretary of state – on 13%.

So are teachers, rescue people, law enforcement, court janitors, etc. Of course, this just means you get to ride for free if you bring your Seeing-Eye-Granny with you.
Those people pay to get to work but not to actually do their job. There is a fundamental difference. Like cops paying for their bullets.

London like nyc is to far gone ,one party rule comrades! ..... all you get is incompetent left wing third world sub hu,an sand ******* and lazy white good for nothing left wing authoritarian dorks

Those people pay to get to work but not to actually do their job. There is a fundamental difference. Like cops paying for their bullets.

My understanding is that he is proposing something more far reaching than you are couching it. Pretty much anybody traveling with the elderly or disabled would get free travel regardless if it is their job or not.

My understanding is that he is proposing something more far reaching than you are couching it. Pretty much anybody traveling with the elderly or disabled would get free travel regardless if it is their job or not.
Where have you seen that? My understanding is that the disabled person has to apply for the pass and as part of that would need to prove it is needed. That wouldnt be difficult as the majority of London Underground stations are not disabled friendly.
Free entry for carers is just seen as common sense. My football club allows carers in for free. It enables disabled fans to get to the match. The carer is seen as a tool in the same way as a wheelchair or other aid.

Why do you see this as a bad thing ?

Where have you seen that? My understanding is that the disabled person has to apply for the pass and as part of that would need to prove it is needed. That wouldnt be difficult as the majority of London Underground stations are not disabled friendly.
Free entry for carers is just seen as common sense. My football club allows carers in for free. It enables disabled fans to get to the match. The carer is seen as a tool in the same way as a wheelchair or other aid.

"The Mayor vowed to introduce a “companion pass” that would allow a relative, friend or carer to travel free on the Tube, bus and Transport for London rail network when with a disabled person." Carers to receive free London travel under new ‘companion pass’ plan for disabled

And I didn't say it was a bad thing. I asked why not other workers who have to pay connected to their work travel since your logic was it was work-related.

"The Mayor vowed to introduce a “companion pass” that would allow a relative, friend or carer to travel free on the Tube, bus and Transport for London rail network when with a disabled person." Carers to receive free London travel under new ‘companion pass’ plan for disabled

And I didn't say it was a bad thing. I asked why not other workers who have to pay connected to their work travel since your logic was it was work-related.
Its not work related it is their work.
If they are,for example, taking a client to an appointment should they have to pay for that ? They are doing it because it is their job. Nobody pays to do their job. You pay to get to work but after you clock on thats it. It might be different in the states but I doubt that ambulance drivers pay to drive their ambulances.

Forum List

Back