Mayor Bloomberg Defends Banning Clergy & Rescue Workers From 9-11 Anniversary Ceremon

Were the men and women who risked their lives alongside those who died represented? From everything I have read, the answer to that is no... in fact they were snubbed by the mayor. Shame on him.

Immie

If there is no room, there is no room. Would you tell the 10 year old son who never saw his father who was killed that he couldn't go because he had to make way for a firefighter or cop? I'm betting that firefighter or cop would be horrified if they found they were taking the place of a relative of the deceased.

let's not forget the relatives of those firefighters were there - no doubt there were fightfighters amongst them, too..

First, members of the first responder units should have been represented in the ceremony itself. Not all of them should have been there, but the units should have been represented.

Second, his telling them that they were not welcome and to stay the hell away is an insult to their service.

I'm not saying that they all should have gone or that they would have. However, I am saying that this son of a bitch insulted the men and women who risk their lives ever day to protect us.

I find his attitude insulting and I am not a first responder.

Immie

He did not say they were not welcome and to stay the 'hell' away. They were not invited.

If there is no room, there is no room. Would you tell the 10 year old son who never saw his father who was killed that he couldn't go because he had to make way for a firefighter or cop? I'm betting that firefighter or cop would be horrified if they found they were taking the place of a relative of the deceased.

let's not forget the relatives of those firefighters were there - no doubt there were fightfighters amongst them, too..

First, members of the first responder units should have been represented in the ceremony itself. Not all of them should have been there, but the units should have been represented.

Second, his telling them that they were not welcome and to stay the hell away is an insult to their service.

I'm not saying that they all should have gone or that they would have. However, I am saying that this son of a bitch insulted the men and women who risk their lives ever day to protect us.

Immie

He did not say they were not welcome and to stay the 'hell' away. They were not invited.

According to snopes they were told they would be honored at different places and times... behind the port-a-potties comes to mind. ;)

Immie

My apologies, Grump, this issue angers me.

I find Bloomberg to be an arrogant asshole and I don't really know all that much about him.

Immie

oh I don't know. Take a look at your post about me for starters. As if that had anything to do with the Thread, You have always been a hater and will always be. From now on I will call you Dr. Hater. see ya.

In other words, you got nothing.

Speaking of hate - nice avatar...

It's a friggen avatar. good grief Dr. Hater...can ya get any more shallow?

You have that avatar, and I"M the shallow one....riiiiggghhhtttt...:eusa_whistle:

My apologies, Grump, this issue angers me.

I find Bloomberg to be an arrogant asshole and I don't really know all that much about him.

Immie

You have a right to be angry.

Just saying, if there is no room, there is no room...If there was room that would be a different story IMO

I don't think so. I think if there had been more room it would have been taken up by Bloomberg's political allies and anyone willing to contribute to his next campaign.

After all, he is a politician.

Immie

In other words, you got nothing.

Speaking of hate - nice avatar...

It's a friggen avatar. good grief Dr. Hater...can ya get any more shallow?

You have that avatar, and I"M the shallow one....riiiiggghhhtttt...:eusa_whistle:

OMG, of all things to get you panties in a bunch over. Oh well, I hope it bugs the hell out of you... I plan on changing it soon. You'll LOVE the next one too..:wink_2::laugh:

goodnight Dr. Hater...work early tomorrow.

So they were not invited and now are being bashed because they did not show.

9/11 prayer events: Where were the evangelicals?

Does it bother you that a rainbow of religious traditions -- but no conservative evangelical voices -- were invited to speak at the Washington National Cathedral's Sunday morning vigil?

Mollie Hemingway at the critique site Get Religion wondered, why Sikhs and Hindus and Muslims but no Southern Baptists, or pastors from the Lutheran Missouri Synod or the more traditionalist wing of Presbyterians were on the Cathedral program.

9/11 prayer events: Where were the evangelicals?

Were the men and women who risked their lives alongside those who died represented? From everything I have read, the answer to that is no... in fact they were snubbed by the mayor. Shame on him.

Immie

Immie

He didn't say they weren't welcome and to stay the hell away.

The ceremony was for the victims FAMILIES. They were invited. The rest of this idiocy is nothing but FAUXRAGE.

I am honestly shocked that 9/11 is still used by idiotic rightwingloons as a political football. Not you Immie, but you have obviously bought into the hype.

you are no better than the terrorists. You are a terrorist and should be treated as such. You dont deserve to live in this nation.

WOW your stupidity is showing through, what happen did you break one of your transformer toys?
I hope all politicans that what an out of control government fears me. I hope I bring terror to their lives. As for you calling me a terrorist just for chits and grines you are a son of a bitch cock suck cum swallowing bitch.

Uh oh someones fantasies are leaking through!

You are correct, you are dangerous, but it is your stupidity that makes you dangerous.

How many times will you lie? I'm no terrorist so your claiming I am a terrorist and should be treated as one would make you a liar
And terrorist should die
are you threating me boy?

Immie

The ceremony was for the victims FAMILIES. They were invited. The rest of this idiocy is nothing but FAUXRAGE.

I am honestly shocked that 9/11 is still used by idiotic rightwingloons as a political football. Not you Immie, but you have obviously bought into the hype.

Thank you, but please tell me then what he did say. He may not have said the word "hell", but that seems to have been the context of his message. I have to say, my comment about "behind the port-a-potties" is the impression I get from his message. He basically relegated them to the crappers.

Immie

Immie

It was a Memorial. What part of that escapes you? A Memorial with no God, no Church, no meaning. To each his own I guess. It didn't include me either, as soon as Mike took the mike it was over.

who were the drummers and pipers representing?

Good question. My reply would be the Mayor's office.

Were the drummers and pipers the men and women who risked their lives and lost their friends and co-workers at Ground Zero during the rescue efforts?

Speaking just for me. My problem here is the attitude the Mayor displayed towards those who risked their lives in order to attempt to save the lives of others on that day and the days afterwards. It is not that I feel that the first responders would or should push family members away, it is the attitude that that SOB displayed towards the first responders.

Immie

Immie

It was a Memorial. What part of that escapes you? A Memorial with no God, no Church, no meaning. To each his own I guess. It didn't include me either, as soon as Mike took the mike it was over.

You need a god and church at a memorial to have meaning? really??

Forum List

Back