Mayonnaise?

Mayonnaise has 90 calories per tablespoon. Miracle Whip has 40 calories, and light Mayo has 35. Why would I want to use regular Mayo when there are other, more healthy options?
Because they taste like dogshit?
Besides...the Japs make the best mayo.

View attachment 270452

They sell it in the states...go to your local Asian market and buy this. You won't regret it.
I don't know about calories.

Don't like Japanese Mayo. Mayo doesn't need sugar.

Ain't no sugar in Jap mayo son. You might be thinking of the Filipinos. Them MFers make everything sweet.

This is the food and wine forum, so I have to ask....
Haven't ANY of you made your own mayo? I see them doing it on the food networks all the time. If you have a food processor, it's basically nothing but whipped fat and eggs. It probably tastes ten times better than anything we buy in a jar, just as homemade tortillas are so much better than packaged and homemade salsa is so much better than jarred.

Just wondering.
Are you talking salsa or pico de gallo? there is a difference...

Mayonnaise has 90 calories per tablespoon. Miracle Whip has 40 calories, and light Mayo has 35. Why would I want to use regular Mayo when there are other, more healthy options?
Because they taste like dogshit?
Besides...the Japs make the best mayo.

View attachment 270452

They sell it in the states...go to your local Asian market and buy this. You won't regret it.
I don't know about calories.

Don't like Japanese Mayo. Mayo doesn't need sugar.

Ain't no sugar in Jap mayo son. You might be thinking of the Filipinos. Them MFers make everything sweet.

I'm sure your Japanese Mayo tastes great, but it is 100 calories per tablespoon. Yes not much more than Hellmann's or Dukes, but that is a lot for a condiment. Yes, you can use them in small amounts on a sandwich, but what about potato salad, macaroni salad, chicken salad, egg salad, etc?

Miracle Whip has 40 and Light Mayo has 35. No brainer for me.

Haven't ANY of you made your own mayo? I see them doing it on the food networks all the time. If you have a food processor, it's basically nothing but whipped fat and eggs. It probably tastes ten times better than anything we buy in a jar, just as homemade tortillas are so much better than packaged and homemade salsa is so much better than jarred.

Just wondering.
I think she's a talking person....... Can't be completely sure but odds are she's a person....... :eusa_whistle:

Just wondering.

Yes, ironically, I have made my own mayo. I have a Vitamix so can really get it whipped. It enables me to make a lot of things I used to buy processed. Plus smoothies and other things. Worth every penny.
Sorry you can't eat real food. Medical condition? War wound?

Regarding Mayo; what I want to know is..." why did virtually every single mayo maker switch to using soy bean oil!? The shit is bad for you, and finding a mayo that doesn't use it, is hard to do. And when you do find one it's usually something you have to order off the internet, and it's expensive as fuck!

What is catsup? That crap is worse than Miracle Whip

Ernie S. my cyber phriend taste is a subjective thing... While mayo took over for catsup on my deep fried tators, I still prefer catsup on my skillet fried tators with onions in bacon grease...

55a3b8173c1cca641dc69a50648474e6.jpg

:5_1_12024:
Next time you make grilled cheese sammiches; butter the bread with mayo instead of butter before grilling. You’ll never go back...

Just wondering.

Yes, ironically, I have made my own mayo. I have a Vitamix so can really get it whipped. It enables me to make a lot of things I used to buy processed. Plus smoothies and other things. Worth every penny.

I was once shot down over occupied, enemy Communist territory. New Jersey.

Just wondering.

Stallone got you out?

OOOPS. You said SC. Had it been Dukes in SF it would have been served through a hole in a mens room stall. Dukeys daily special :booze:

Just wondering.

Stallone got you out?

David Niven.

Just wondering.
Does it really matter?

Just wondering.

Stallone got you out?
Southside Johnny and the Boss.

Seidner's Mayonnaise.

Only sold at one store - that in Westerly, Rhode Island.

Seidner's used to make that and several other products using locally produced eggs. Their jarred potato salad was excellent. After the last family member who ran the business passed away the company closed. I'm not certain who bought the mayonnaise recipe and is making it now but I believe it's still a Rhode Island "botique" company.

Forty some years ago I was a noob in Deutschland and I had wandered out to a Gasthaus and I was walking back to the barracks... I was passing a Street Vendor that sold Bratwursts and Pommes Frites (French fries)... A couple of FROGS (citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany) were there getting their fix of grease and I noticed they were slathering mayonnaise all over the Pommes Frites... Being young and adventurous I tried the combination... Lites, bells, buzzers and dancing naked women all at the same time... It was wonderful... Catsup was dead to me when it came to deep fried tators...

Life was good...

3302190792_f6bfb0fa30_z.jpg

Sorry I could not recommend a certain brand as I am not a connoisseur of the Mayo...

I had a similar experience. My first try with mayo on fries was in Germany from a street cart. I thought it odd at first but one taste was enough. Now I often order some mayo on the side for my fries. Once in a while its catsup but more often its mayo. I get raised eyebrows occasionally but I just say don't knock it till you've tried it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back