Maybe we should borrow some of these?

Looks like things have not changed much

:eek: ......:boobies:

:whip:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Last night I was watching Extreme Prisons on National Geographic. Dayum! In Russia, their prisoners don't have a yard to go out and plan gang activities, etc. They are kept with one cell mate. All the time. To eat. To walk a small yard. Etc.

In the original US Penetentiaries you were not allowed to speak

From the linked article:

"Singapore has the tendency to treat its citizens like unruly school kids. To wit, anyone convicted of littering three time is forced to clean the streets while wearing a bib saying: "I am a litterer."

I hate to say it, but I have seen similar sanctions for various crimes actually proposed by more than one or two conservatives here on this very board.

Last night I was watching Extreme Prisons on National Geographic. Dayum! In Russia, their prisoners don't have a yard to go out and plan gang activities, etc. They are kept with one cell mate. All the time. To eat. To walk a small yard. Etc.

I watched that. Did you notice that whenever the guards were moving prisoners from one cell to another, the prisoner was required to walk bent over at the waist, with his hands shackeld up, behind his back?

• Banned
I'm wondering, what with Norway's new prison and their experiment on prisoners....which way is the best way to actually turn this around where they CAN rejoin society without winding back in there. So far, nothing we have tried is working. They roam in vast courtyards, join gangs, rule from inside. Once out, they wind right back in. So now I'm curious as to the system currently being used. Russia is the worst. Norway is a vacation. USA is one big gang comprised of little gangs. Which one will work?

• Banned

I watched that. Did you notice that whenever the guards were moving prisoners from one cell to another, the prisoner was required to walk bent over at the waist, with his hands shackeld up, behind his back?

Yep. And that cannibal guy! And those huge dogs! Russia...you don't wanna go to prison there, thats fer sure. But the USA? Peace of cake compared to there.

Different prisons have different regimes depending on the reputation of the offenders. US Prison regimes range from Florence Colorado, where prisoners get one hour of walk time per week, but are otherwise held in solitary, to the notorious country club prisons which have golf courses.

Even in the freakiest years of Stalin's reign, Soviet prisons ranged from hard labor camps laying railroads and mining for gold above the arctic circle to monastic college dormitory type places close in to Moscow where prisoners had access to a commissary which had goods that were only available to high level nominklanturi. Solzhenitsyn, who had been a math wiz in college spent time in both kinds of places, and wrote about them in One Day and First Circle.

Different prisons have different regimes depending on the reputation of the offenders. US Prison regimes range from Florence Colorado, where prisoners get one hour of walk time per week, but are otherwise held in solitary, to the notorious country club prisons which have golf courses.

Even in the freakiest years of Stalin's reign, Soviet prisons ranged from hard labor camps laying railroads and mining for gold above the arctic circle to monastic college dormitory type places close in to Moscow where prisoners had access to a commissary which had goods that were only available to high level nominklanturi. Solzhenitsyn, who had been a math wiz in college spent time in both kinds of places, and wrote about them in One Day and First Circle.

Via federal law prisoners have to have at least one hour a day out of their cells.

There are all sorts of prisons tho, minimum, medium, medium-max, maximum, super maximum.

Some prisons have no walls or fences because there is no need for them. If a prisoner tries to escape out of one of those places they take him out of the Hilton and put him in the "pound me in the ass" joints...

The incentive to not escape is that and an additional 5 years on your sentence. I'm sure a guy who is serving 18 months doesn't want that - either that or hes crazy and will try to escape.

Forum List

Back