Maybe we should borrow some of these?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Grace, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,500
    Looks like things have not changed much

:eek: ......:boobies:

:whip:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Last night I was watching Extreme Prisons on National Geographic. Dayum! In Russia, their prisoners don't have a yard to go out and plan gang activities, etc. They are kept with one cell mate. All the time. To eat. To walk a small yard. Etc.

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,500
    In the original US Penetentiaries you were not allowed to speak

5. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Prisons got soft.

6. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    From the linked article:

"Singapore has the tendency to treat its citizens like unruly school kids. To wit, anyone convicted of littering three time is forced to clean the streets while wearing a bib saying: "I am a litterer."

I hate to say it, but I have seen similar sanctions for various crimes actually proposed by more than one or two conservatives here on this very board.

7. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I watched that. Did you notice that whenever the guards were moving prisoners from one cell to another, the prisoner was required to walk bent over at the waist, with his hands shackeld up, behind his back?

8. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    I'm wondering, what with Norway's new prison and their experiment on prisoners....which way is the best way to actually turn this around where they CAN rejoin society without winding back in there. So far, nothing we have tried is working. They roam in vast courtyards, join gangs, rule from inside. Once out, they wind right back in. So now I'm curious as to the system currently being used. Russia is the worst. Norway is a vacation. USA is one big gang comprised of little gangs. Which one will work?

9. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Yep. And that cannibal guy! And those huge dogs! Russia...you don't wanna go to prison there, thats fer sure. But the USA? Peace of cake compared to there.

10. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Different prisons have different regimes depending on the reputation of the offenders. US Prison regimes range from Florence Colorado, where prisoners get one hour of walk time per week, but are otherwise held in solitary, to the notorious country club prisons which have golf courses.

Even in the freakiest years of Stalin's reign, Soviet prisons ranged from hard labor camps laying railroads and mining for gold above the arctic circle to monastic college dormitory type places close in to Moscow where prisoners had access to a commissary which had goods that were only available to high level nominklanturi. Solzhenitsyn, who had been a math wiz in college spent time in both kinds of places, and wrote about them in One Day and First Circle.