Maybe there were WMD in Iraq

The question is why did the Bush administration keep mum about this? Could there have been some political reason that made it more expedient not to reveal this?
The Bush Adm. could have revealed this uranium find and the media covered it up.
The UN said they had destroyed Saddam's nuclear capabilities and they were holding this much uranium?
It's all fishy.

For Christ's sake do you really know who pays income taxes in this country or are you just listening to the rhetoric?

FYI the top 1% of earners pay over 39% of all income taxes

the top 5% of earners pay nearly 60% of all income taxes

the bottom 50% of earners pay about 3% of all income taxes

the top 25% of earners have actually seen the percentage of their income paid to taxes increase from 1999-2005 while the same percentage for the bottom 50% has dropped. So much for your taxebreaks for the rich argument.

Who Pays Income Taxes? See Who Pays What

How much does the top category of earners pay in Social Security taxes compared to the bottom groups?

Got a figure on that....?

After all, every DIME of the social security surplus taxes are being USED TO PAY FOR WHAT income taxes should pay, no? to the tune of over 2.2 TRILLION dollars of surplus used by the general revenues already.....

if you continue to include Social Security in with what many on the right call welfare or social spending, THEN YOU MUST include the taxes collected for SS in with your percentages of what each income group pays in taxes on their total income....imo.

care

Last edited:
The Bush Adm. could have revealed this uranium find and the media covered it up.
The UN said they had destroyed Saddam's nuclear capabilities and they were holding this much uranium?
It's all fishy.
Not fishy at all. They've known about this cache and it's been monitored by the IAEA since 1991. It's potential for nuclear weapons was rendered useless through a process known as isotopic dilution. If it had the potential to create nuclear weapons, why would it have just been sitting in Iraq for the last five years? Much easier to guard it in the States than over there.

"The first removal of highly enriched uranium from Iraq in compliance with resolution 687 took place. A UN cargo flight loaded with 42 fresh fuel elements from the IRT-5000 research reactor a Al Tuwaitha, containing a total of 6.6 kilograms of uranium-235. Baghdad for Moscow. An IAEA team supervised the shipment.

The airlift of the remaining quantities of non-irradiated highly enriched uranium was completed 17 November 1991. These materials had been under IAEA safeguards from the time they were imported by Iraq. The operation was arranged through a contract between the Ministry of Atomic Power and Industry of the former USSR and the IAEA. The highly enriched uranium will be processed at a facility in the former USSR and placed under IAEA custody after isotopic dilution."
Nuclear capabilities of Iraq - A Chronology of Events

There is no smoking gun here.

We invaded their country and right now they don't have water, electricity or waste removal in Iraq. Let me do that to you and then offer you a business deal. You'll do whatever I ask just to get me the hell out of your face.

Offer they COULDN"T refuse!!!!

You should RETIRE from politics. LOL.

Correction they do not have complete Electric, water, or waste removal, But I am not shocked at all you would make it sound like they have none.

Not fishy at all. They've known about this cache and it's been monitored by the IAEA since 1991. It's potential for nuclear weapons was rendered useless through a process known as isotopic dilution. If it had the potential to create nuclear weapons, why would it have just been sitting in Iraq for the last five years? Much easier to guard it in the States than over there.

"The first removal of highly enriched uranium from Iraq in compliance with resolution 687 took place. A UN cargo flight loaded with 42 fresh fuel elements from the IRT-5000 research reactor a Al Tuwaitha, containing a total of 6.6 kilograms of uranium-235. Baghdad for Moscow. An IAEA team supervised the shipment.

The airlift of the remaining quantities of non-irradiated highly enriched uranium was completed 17 November 1991. These materials had been under IAEA safeguards from the time they were imported by Iraq. The operation was arranged through a contract between the Ministry of Atomic Power and Industry of the former USSR and the IAEA. The highly enriched uranium will be processed at a facility in the former USSR and placed under IAEA custody after isotopic dilution."
Nuclear capabilities of Iraq - A Chronology of Events

There is no smoking gun here.
Isotopic dilution is a technique to increase the precision and accuracy of chemical analysis. Isotopic dilution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canada paid tens of million$$ for this uranium.
The UN had control of uranium and I see that no different from Saddam, Iran or Hugo Chavez having control of it.

This alone is worthy of an invasion.
America is much safer now.

not to mention the repeated violations of a cease fire and multiple UN resolutions.

Exactly..

I'll admit that things probably haven't been handled as they were supposed to...and the conduction of the war probably could have been handled a little different, but there is no debate that the U.S. and other nations are safer now that Saddam is out of power. Not to mention, the Stalin-like disappearing of people that Saddam didn't like. But people forget, it take TIME to rebuild a nation after a war. How long did it take Germany and Japan with U.S and allied help?

Exactly..

I'll admit that things probably haven't been handled as they were supposed to...and the conduction of the war probably could have been handled a little different, but there is no debate that the U.S. and other nations are safer now that Saddam is out of power. Not to mention, the Stalin-like disappearing of people that Saddam didn't like. But people forget, it take TIME to rebuild a nation after a war. How long did it take Germany and Japan with U.S and allied help?
:disagree:
How can a person say "The war in Iraq was not handled well", then say "The Iraqi people need to stand up for themselves"?
How do you determine the Iraqi people will stand up for themselves without testing them, with the possibility of some failure?

If there is any human that can predict or conduct a perfect war, I would like to meet them.

:disagree:
How can a person say "The war in Iraq was not handled well", then say "The Iraqi people need to stand up for themselves"?
How do you determine the Iraqi people will stand up for themselves without testing them, with the possibility of some failure?

If there is any human that can predict or conduct a perfect war, I would like to meet them.

You've misunderstood. I'm not criticizing anyone for a poor job. In everything, in retrospect, is twenty-twenty. Anyone can look back on any war, event, situation, and find flaws and different ways that it could have been handled for the better. IMO, the poor job has been done in the political arena, not the military. The military plan has been great, however, unfortunately political agendas drive and hender military success. That's all I'm saying. I agree with you.

Personally, I think there's been numerous "mis-handlings" of the war politically. We had politicians voting to send soldiers to war, then voting down funds that would give them equipment, supplies, and armor that they need. They raise troop levels, then lower them, then raise them, then lower them. Had the military been given it's ultimate discretion to handle situations and conduct the war, things would be different. Unfortunately, we know longer have a WWII-like military in which commanders were given more power to do what they think needs to be done.

I think we both agree that the Iraq war is showing extreme progress, and I think in recent months and the last couple of years, Iraq has been going pretty well...I have many friends who've been there and have said they're making real progress.

sorry wasn't wearing my glasses and crossed the lines on my chart.

60K puts you in the top 25%

It does if you meant to say personal income and not family income, I suspect.

What is the median SALARY in the USA?

Answer

According to Census.gov, the median USA income is $21,587.
Ans since most households have more than one wage-earner, the median household income is $41,994.

Surprising, isn't it?

The fact is that one helluva lot of people aren't making very much money for their labors.

Why, I might even go out on a limb and suggest that the fact that working people don't make much money might have SOMETHING to do with why so many of the working class are rather poor.

You've misunderstood. I'm not criticizing anyone for a poor job. In everything, in retrospect, is twenty-twenty. Anyone can look back on any war, event, situation, and find flaws and different ways that it could have been handled for the better. IMO, the poor job has been done in the political arena, not the military. The military plan has been great, however, unfortunately political agendas drive and hender military success. That's all I'm saying. I agree with you.

Personally, I think there's been numerous "mis-handlings" of the war politically. We had politicians voting to send soldiers to war, then voting down funds that would give them equipment, supplies, and armor that they need. They raise troop levels, then lower them, then raise them, then lower them. Had the military been given it's ultimate discretion to handle situations and conduct the war, things would be different. Unfortunately, we know longer have a WWII-like military in which commanders were given more power to do what they think needs to be done.

I think we both agree that the Iraq war is showing extreme progress, and I think in recent months and the last couple of years, Iraq has been going pretty well...I have many friends who've been there and have said they're making real progress.

iraq will go down as one of the biggest blunders, was not worth the costs and increased the number of terrorists in the world.

we can no longer play inocent victim after invading for a lie

america isn't benefitting from progress in iraq. were just paying. the illuminati are raping the treasury. big oil. and they gouge us back home.

and why not when goobers like you allow it.

iraq will go down as one of the biggest blunders, was not worth the costs and increased the number of terrorists in the world.

we can no longer play inocent victim after invading for a lie

america isn't benefitting from progress in iraq. were just paying. the illuminati are raping the treasury. big oil. and they gouge us back home.

and why not when goobers like you allow it.

It's got a long way to go pass up Vietnam as the biggest political blunder....that was started by a Democrat.......

And I've got news for you, Iraq didn't create more terrorist dumbass. 9-11 happened before we even invaded Iraq...which means there were plenty terrorist before then... Oh yeah, and we'd consistently been attacked by terrorist since the early 80s....about twice a year if you do the math. Should I fed-ex you a calculator??? How how but some baby whipes for all that pointless bullshit that you pull out of your ass.

If you ask me the whole WMD debate is stupid. We gave Iraq more than a years warning we were coming. I am find it nuts anyone was shocked we didn't find anything when we got there.

Forum List

Back