Maybe Terri Can Rest In Peace Now

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida's state attorney said there was no evidence Terri Schiavo's collapse 15 years ago involved criminal activity, and Gov. Jeb Bush on Thursday declared an end to the state's inquiry.

Bush had asked State Attorney Bernie McCabe to investigate Schiavo's case after her autopsy last month. He said he now considers the state's involvement with the matter finished.

"Based on your conclusions, I will follow your recommendation that the inquiry by the state be closed," Bush said in a two-sentence letter.

In asking McCabe to look again into how Schiavo slipped into a persistent vegetative state, Bush had cited an alleged gap between when Schiavo's husband Michael found her and when he called 911. The governor had said the issue remained unsettled.

McCabe said, however, that while such discrepancies may exist in the record, Schiavo's statements that he called 911 immediately had been consistent.

"This consistency, coupled with the varying recollections of the precise time offered by other interested parties, lead me to the conclusion that such discrepancies are not indicative of criminal activity," McCabe wrote in a letter to Bush accompanying his report.

The report was dated June 30, but not released until Thursday.

The bitter right-to-die case engulfed the courts, Congress and White House, and divided the country.

Terri Schiavo died March 31 from dehydration after her feeding tube was disconnected despite efforts by Bush, her parents and some state national lawmakers to keep her alive.

Michael Schiavo had fought to have the tube disconnected, saying his wife wouldn't have wanted to be kept alive artificially.

The autopsy left unanswered the question of why Terri Schiavo's temporarily heart stopped, cutting off oxygen to her brain. A medical examiner was unable to determine with reasonable certainty a "manner of death."

McCabe said there must be some fact or evidence indicating a criminal act caused the death to open a full homicide investigation. He said the review revealed none.

He added that the most likely cause of Schiavo's collapse remains the one already advanced — an eating disorder.

David Gibbs, attorney for Schiavo's parents, said the report appeared rushed, noting that Bob and Mary Schindler were not interviewed by the state attorney's office. "We had thought they would meet with the family," he said.

Michael Schiavo's attorney deferred comment until he had a chance to fully review the report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161873,00.html

OK, the Pope and Terri Schiavo are walking down the street in Heaven and pass a bar:

Pope: "Hey Terri, what do you say we go in and have a beer?"

Terri: (Rolling Eyes and Staring Blankly) "Aaaaaaaaaouuueeeeeegh!"

nucular said:
OK, the Pope and Terri Schiavo are walking down the street in Heaven and pass a bar:

Pope: "Hey Terri, what do you say we go in and have a beer?"

Terri: (Rolling Eyes and Staring Blankly) "Aaaaaaaaaouuueeeeeegh!"

Congratulations - you've reached total jackass stage already.

nucular said:
You guys voted for a guy who can't say "nuclear" and you're calling me a "tard"?

Yes. What's your point? Now run along and play.

nucular said:
You guys voted for a guy who can't say "nuclear" and you're calling me a "tard"?

my dad can kick your dad's ass...you voted for a guy that shot a unarmed kid in the back

nucular said:
My point is that the Prez is illiterate. Why do you think that's OK?

He's no more illiterate than you.. After all, you *purposely* chose the name "nucular", didn't even capitalize it, and go out of your way to misspell 'President', and 'says'.

Tell me now, who looks like the bigger idiot?

nucular said:
My point is that the Prez is illiterate. Why do you think that's OK?

Your point is only your opinion, which at this point is basically worthless.

BTW, there is a humor section. That would be a more appropriate place to post a "joke" rather than steering the thread off topic.

Shattered said:
He's no more illiterate than you.. After all, you *purposely* chose the name "nucular", didn't even capitalize it, and go out of your way to misspell 'President', and 'says'.

Tell me now, who looks like the bigger idiot?

You. Because when I intentionally make fun of Bush's illiteracy I know what I'm doing. Whereas when he makes illiterate statements either he doesn't know what he is doing or he is trying to appeal to people like you who think illiteracy is a cool political tool. It is a disgrace for the president to speak like an illiterate. If you really think Bush speaking like an illiterate is a step forward for American politics please state that.

nucular said:
You. Because when I intentionally make fun of Bush's illiteracy I know what I'm doing. Whereas when he makes illiterate statements either he doesn't know what he is doing or he is trying to appeal to people like you who think illiteracy is a cool political tool. It is a disgrace for the president to speak like an illiterate. If you really think Bush speaking like an illiterate is a step forward for American politics please state that.

I think it makes no difference how he speaks, as long as he gets the job done.. Obviously, he's doing just that, since the worst you have to complain about is his use of one word...

nucular said:
Whereas when he makes illiterate statements either he doesn't know what he is doing or he is trying to appeal to people like you who think illiteracy is a cool political tool.

Unsupported assumption.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc

Forum List

Back