Maybe It's Just Me, Nah, Couldn't Be

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Have any of you noticed how many foreigners think they should have a say over who we choose for President? See it in the overseas press, see it on the boards, hear it from :bow2: Hans Blix, hell he thinks the whole world should get to vote for US President.

Personally I'm sick of it. But, heh, just me! :D

There has always been a foriegn lobby in the hallowed halls of our government. The importance of that lobby is even higher these days because of the US's economic and military influence on global events. Make no mistake, the US has it's lobby in other countries as well.

As the nations of the world become more and more interdependent, there will probably be even greater efforts to influence who runs what country. Current events indicate that this will occur even more frequently (there are those who believe the bombings in Spain most certainly affected that country's elections). The more influence a nation has on the global economy, etc. the more we can expect other countries to try to influence the governance of that nation.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Have any of you noticed how many foreigners think they should have a say over who we choose for President? See it in the overseas press, see it on the boards, hear it from :bow2: Hans Blix, hell he thinks the whole world should get to vote for US President.

Does that mean Geraldo and Oprah are shoe-ins?

Originally posted by dilloduck
Does that mean Geraldo and Oprah are shoe-ins?

I think they were born here, but I could be wrong on Geraldo! :D

Peruse the Yahoo! Boards, it is even worse there.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Peruse the Yahoo! Boards, it is even worse there.

I know, it's me. Too many trolls and it's only going to get worse. Hey, I'm being polite though, don't ya think? :D

Originally posted by insein
For all there complaining about America shouldnt be a global power and America is a global Empire, they sure are trying to make us that arent they. :p:

That's my take. Every notice that when you check out the foreign press, they devote enormous amounts of space to our policies, movements, music, etc. I don't see us doing that for them.

I didn't like Schroeder's campaign and would have no problems complaining about it, but it would be as an American, with no vote and no influence.

It is rather comical. No one European country had the necessary influence to compete with the US and Japan so they formed the EU. France and Germany have somewhat allied themselves to be "first among equals". France recently complained about the US trying to influence another countries internal affairs, yet they are the most vocal about how the US should be run.

Then of course we have the UN, which often serves as a platform for all those third world countries that do not have the where - with - all to confront the US in any venue.

Makes one wonder if perhaps world domination is not a viable option for the US. But then we the citizens of the USA would become responsible for the rest of the world.

Originally posted by CSM
It is rather comical. No one European country had the necessary influence to compete with the US and Japan so they formed the EU. France and Germany have somewhat allied themselves to be "first among equals". France recently complained about the US trying to influence another countries internal affairs, yet they are the most vocal about how the US should be run.

Then of course we have the UN, which often serves as a platform for all those third world countries that do not have the where - with - all to confront the US in any venue.

Makes one wonder if perhaps world domination is not a viable option for the US. But then we the citizens of the USA would become responsible for the rest of the world.

Who the hell wants that. Sheesh we have enough problems. What with us helping the whole world and then getting blamed for not helping it.

...but it would be as an American, with no vote and no influence.

Kathianne - Therein lies the problem. The left in our country subscribes to the European opinions of us and therefor, it will be an influence.

:clap: :clap1: :clap: :clap1: Amen sista!!!

I'm sick of this too. They are just jealous that they don't live here!! I get tired of celebrities overseas running their mouths as well!

Originally posted by krisy
:clap: :clap1: :clap: :clap1: Amen sista!!!

I'm sick of this too. They are just jealous that they don't live here!! I get tired of celebrities overseas running their mouths as well!

And even more hypocracy from the left coast.........Those like Johnny Depp who live in Paris, bring down the President and our country, but have no problem coming here to make their money.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
If they want a say in who gets elected President, perhaps they should become American citizens!!!

Heck, why go through all that hassle?

Why not just get a California drivers license! :mad:

Forum List

Back