Maybe I'm just still going through football withdrawals, but...

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I'm one of those nuts asking SO WHEN DOES FOOTBALL SEASON START about two days after the Super Bowl, so forgive this metaphor.

Seems to me the Republicans have spiked the football, finished their end zone dance and headed off to the locker room, while the Democrats are still out on the field, huddling for the next play.

The Mueller Report, the Document of the Decade, was clearly the end of NOTHING. This won't go away until the day the moving vans pull up at the White House (for one reason or another).

Mueller's 12 "mystery referrals", the New York investigation, the House's various investigations, Mueller's inevitable testimony, on and on. Plus, the press has a renewed energy over this.

Well, let the cheerleaders for each team keeping dancing and smiling, here we go. Hey, where's the beer guy?

I'm one of those nuts asking SO WHEN DOES FOOTBALL SEASON START about two days after the Super Bowl, so forgive this metaphor.

Seems to me the Republicans have spiked the football, finished their end zone dance and headed off to the locker room, while the Democrats are still out on the field, huddling for the next play.

The Mueller Report, the Document of the Decade, was clearly the end of NOTHING. This won't go away until the day the moving vans pull up at the White House (for one reason or another).

Mueller's 12 "mystery referrals", the New York investigation, the House's various investigations, Mueller's inevitable testimony, on and on. Plus, the press has a renewed energy over this.

Well, let the cheerleaders for each team keeping dancing and smiling, here we go. Hey, where's the beer guy?
Watch the Hockey Playoffs.

Hockey is a far superior game to American football anyways. Constant action, no score inflation, occasional fights and amazing skills, the men still look like men, no panzy asses kneeling for the flag, etc.

Hockey is a far superior game to American football anyways. Constant action, no score inflation, occasional fights and amazing skills, the men still look like men, no panzy asses kneeling for the flag, etc.
I've tried, but hockey has always struck me as soccer on a big ice cube.

:laugh2:

Yes but the game is actually over, and all but the fans bused in from the insane asylum have left the stadium. They would cheer for a chipmunk running across the grass, so they will also cheer for the Dems' plan to move the goalposts after the game is over.

Yes but the game is actually over, and all but the fans bused in from the insane asylum have left the stadium. They would cheer for a chipmunk running across the grass, so they will also cheer for the Dems' plan to move the goalposts after the game is over.
The referees are still out there, though.

I do wonder how long this metaphor will keep going.

Indeed.....nothing like the NHL playoffs. Always gets me thinking about how few hockey fans are progressives. They never played the sport.....lol....where appeasement doesnt exist!! Not a landscape a progressive guy would be comfortable on.....like at all! No fags allowed.:2up:

These games are wars!

I would agree with you, except for one thing. Donald could shoot someone in the head in the middle of Fifth Avenue and it still wouldn't change anything. Everything that is happening at this point is all for show. Democrats might shout at the top of their lungs, but they're never going to impeach him. They're just trying to use it for gains at the polls next year. Even if the Senate were on board with impeachment, the Dems still wouldn't do it. To them, this is more valuable as fundraising material. So even though the Republicans are grasping at straws when they try to interpret everything into this "total exoneration" bullshit, they're right that the game is over.

I would agree with you, except for one thing. Donald could shoot someone in the head in the middle of Fifth Avenue and it still wouldn't change anything. Everything that is happening at this point is all for show. Democrats might shout at the top of their lungs, but they're never going to impeach him. They're just trying to use it for gains at the polls next year. Even if the Senate were on board with impeachment, the Dems still wouldn't do it. To them, this is more valuable as fundraising material. So even though the Republicans are grasping at straws when they try to interpret everything into this "total exoneration" bullshit, they're right that the game is over.
Agree completely. Pelosi knows that, too. She knows that if the Dems go too far they can hurt themselves, and this is all about winning.

She has a tough balancing act here, but she's ruthless and will probably get a lot of Dems to calm down.

This is all about maximizing political advantage, calibrating and fine-tuning every opportunity. That's politics now.

This is all about maximizing political advantage, calibrating and fine-tuning every opportunity. That's politics now.
The Dims have to pick a few populist messages to run on, and impeaching DJT is not such a one.
Yeah, I don't see that helping them, but crazed partisans aren't exactly seeing straight.

As Stormy Daniels says above, this can be used by the Dems for campaign & fundraising fodder.

I'm lousy at predicting political stuff, but I think it's possible that some of the electorate could be accustomed to/numb to Trump's behaviors at this point, and the Dems would be smarter to concentrate on the issues as they see them.

It blows my mind they learned nothing from 2016.

New Topics

Forum List

Back